Opus CMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Opus CMC (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

The process starts with a phone interview that last 20-30 minutes with a Staffing HR Manager out of the Main office in Lincolnshire, IL. He/She ask's about your work history, why you want to work at OPUS, explains the workflow and expectations. If you get passed the phone interview the interviewer schedules you for an office visit where a test is administered. The test is broken up into 3 parts: document review, data entry and navigating the system. 1st -Document review consist of a packet of documents given to you which is similar to having a "paper" loan file and the computer station you are placed at will have a set number of questions pertaining to the packet of documents you have. The questions surround locating items from the packet of documents, ie: enter the margin figure from the executed Note in the packet. Simple enough (if you are familiar with mortgage documents this is very easy).
    2nd-Data Entry consist of the same packet of documents requiring you to enter in the information in the system as fast as possible and as accurate as possible within a set period of time. The 2nd part to this is a timed 20 question test that consist of easy questions progressively getting harder and harder as the test continues. These questions are math based, reasoning based and or equation based.
    3rd- Navigating the system. This test consists of a simulated desktop with internet access provided to you and you must follow the instructions to get to the end result in the fewest "clicks" of the mouse as possible. Example: Open your web browser and get the definition of Android. Search Android and click on def, etc. Easy stuff.

Once you pass the test you meet with the Director of the office and or his so called Assistant if he is away at another location. This interview is to see if you are the "right stuff" for the office. Very impractical and laid back, nothing to extensive here. They will ask about your experience and if you can sit behind a computer for 8-10 hours.. LMAO. Guaranteed to be 10-12 hours daily stuck to the pc..

Interview Questions

• There was not a specific question that was unexpected and or outside the norm that through me off. Outside of them being adamant about being able to manage sitting at a desk for a looooong time without bathroom breaks or water / coffee breaks, etc...   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiating your compensation consists of you speaking with the Staffing HR Manager that you initially spoke with on the first "phone" interview part of the hiring process. They are negotiable and I was able to secure my 2nd option at compensation. They will not offer you the max or no where near the max they will increase too. FYI: You must score high on the test to get higher compensation.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Opus CMC (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Comprehensive U/W tests & background checks

Negotiation

none

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Opus CMC (Seattle, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone screen was intimidating and around 30 minutes long. It was held by the HR Manager and was not a friendly person. It could have been a bit more conversational.

Interview Questions

• Why did I have gaps in my employment.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Opus CMC (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

The hiring process is fairly rigorous. Required testing for competency of underwriting ability. Background screening includes criminal, driving, credit history and drug testing. The employee handbook is fairly lengthy, took quite a while to read in its entirety and required a lot of signatures. Travel to the Lincolnshire office for the interview was covered by the company.

Interview Questions

• N/A - I didn't think any of the questions were overly difficult. They all seemed to be pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salaries are based on ranges depending upon the level and position of the associate. The negotiations were cordial and were done quickly.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Opus CMC (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with direct supervisor and senior management. Two different locations. Phone and in person. Discussed common colleagues, etc. Inquired about business and technical strategy, level of supervisory experience, compliance experience, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opus CMC in July 2013.

Interview

Meet with onsite manager. Most of interview and hiring process determined on how well you did on the Underwriter Exam they had you take minimum score to qualify was 80%

Interview Questions

• Mortgage lending experience, How well can you work under pressure to meet deadlines.   Answer Question

Quality Control Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Opus CMC.

Interview

The hiring and interview process at Opus is fast. If selected, you will be asked to make a decision whether to accept the job very quickly. Background screening, drug testing, etc. is all handled very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything.

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Opus CMC (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly routine, Lots of relevant work function questions and the HR person was really knowledgeable about the day to day expectations, who would be available for questions, training, meeting potential coworkers, and a building walk through.

Interview Questions

• Confidence level with document reviews. Experience level with working with loan file pools. What is your comfort level with daily production quotas. What experience with mortgage software, and preferred management styles.   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opus CMC (Brookfield, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

Basic questions. Wanted to know when I could start, could I "pre-underwrite," and what was the lowest salary I would accept. Got very suspiscious. Interviewer wanted to know how much I knew about mortgage underwriting, but I was not applying for that job? Pretty certain, I was going to be doing higher-paid work for much lower salary. Interviewer would not give me straight answers.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about mortgage underwriting? Do you need benefits? When can you start? Can you work overtime?   1 Answer

Was offered job as a contractor not a true employee. No benefits through Opus CMC. Pretty certain I was going to be doing mortgage underwriter work, but get paid much less. Office in Brookfield is horrible - small and very hot - like the AC did not work. Had to park 2 blocks away at a different building? The person I did the phone interview with left the company before I interviewed in the office. Got very bad vibe the company is a boiler-room operation. No one was smiling.

Opus CMC Response

Oct 23, 2015 – Recruiter

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the interview. Opus CMC takes this feedback seriously, and strives to ensure a positive candidate experience. We will do our best to prepare candidates... More

IT Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opus CMC.

Interview

Answered an Ad. Spoke on the phone with someone and set a date for an interview. It seemed to go well because a few days later I got a call about coming in for a second interview. Did that but did not hear back again, EVER> Even after sending an email and leaving a couple of voice mails, nothing, NADA, they didn't even have the BALLS to MAN UP and tell me they were not interested.

Now that I look back, I am glad the never called back. Ended up with a much better job at a company where people COMMUNICATE!