Opus CMC Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Opus CMC Underwriter Interview Questions

Interviews at Opus CMC

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Opus CMC (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

The process starts with a phone interview that last 20-30 minutes with a Staffing HR Manager out of the Main office in Lincolnshire, IL. He/She ask's about your work history, why you want to work at OPUS, explains the workflow and expectations. If you get passed the phone interview the interviewer schedules you for an office visit where a test is administered. The test is broken up into 3 parts: document review, data entry and navigating the system. 1st -Document review consist of a packet of documents given to you which is similar to having a "paper" loan file and the computer station you are placed at will have a set number of questions pertaining to the packet of documents you have. The questions surround locating items from the packet of documents, ie: enter the margin figure from the executed Note in the packet. Simple enough (if you are familiar with mortgage documents this is very easy).
2nd-Data Entry consist of the same packet of documents requiring you to enter in the information in the system as fast as possible and as accurate as possible within a set period of time. The 2nd part to this is a timed 20 question test that consist of easy questions progressively getting harder and harder as the test continues. These questions are math based, reasoning based and or equation based.
3rd- Navigating the system. This test consists of a simulated desktop with internet access provided to you and you must follow the instructions to get to the end result in the fewest "clicks" of the mouse as possible. Example: Open your web browser and get the definition of Android. Search Android and click on def, etc. Easy stuff.

Once you pass the test you meet with the Director of the office and or his so called Assistant if he is away at another location. This interview is to see if you are the "right stuff" for the office. Very impractical and laid back, nothing to extensive here. They will ask about your experience and if you can sit behind a computer for 8-10 hours.. LMAO. Guaranteed to be 10-12 hours daily stuck to the pc..

Interview Questions

• There was not a specific question that was unexpected and or outside the norm that through me off. Outside of them being adamant about being able to manage sitting at a desk for a looooong time without bathroom breaks or water / coffee breaks, etc...   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiating your compensation consists of you speaking with the Staffing HR Manager that you initially spoke with on the first "phone" interview part of the hiring process. They are negotiable and I was able to secure my 2nd option at compensation. They will not offer you the max or no where near the max they will increase too. FYI: You must score high on the test to get higher compensation.

Other Interview Reviews for Opus CMC

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Opus CMC (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Comprehensive U/W tests & background checks

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opus CMC (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

First spoke with HR, then spending time by phone with a "deal manager". There might have been two DM's or someone that supervised that group of people but I cannot remember.

Interview Questions

• Basic experience kinds of questions   1 Answer