Oracle Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.2

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial phone screening with a recruiter followed by an in person meeting at their Chicago office. I met with 4 rounds of people and the interview lasted around 3 hours. I did not hear back from anyone I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

It was an ok/subpar process, one phone interview with the Recruiter then they brought me in to interview with 2 Managers and after that, a Final in person interview. It turned out the 2 Managers that I initially interviewed with had nothing to do with the position I was actually contacted for, then they brought me in for a Final interview with the Manager who was actually hiring for the role. All in all, it seems deceptive to have Managers who aren't hiring for a specific role interview you so I was building rapport with them for no apparent reason.

Also, they never validated my parking and I accrued at least $50 of fees from the interviews. The feedback was sporadic and minimal, it took 2 weeks after my Final interview for the Recruiter to let me know that the Manager looking to hire in their office needed someone with more experience, however, another Manager in a different division was interested in interviewing me. If the interview process is any indicator of how this company operates, then I'm not excited to work here. I agreed to the interview and I'll see how it goes but I'm hoping that another Company that I'm talking to comes out with an Offer so I can dismiss Oracle.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience handling Complex sales cycles.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The early phone interviews were a breeze, basic stuff, tell me about yourself etc. Then had 2 rounds of manager interviews again, basic stuff, but if you pay attention, they are looking for what they want from your role. Address those needs, gave confident responses to their personal world building, breezed through those. I received an offer, but an offer from a top tier came through so I declined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your projects, etc...how do you handle tough situations, have you ever had to apologize etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

-Rigorous, lengthy, detail-oriented
    -Be ready to speak towards your resume, accolades, B2B sales experience
    -Be ready to speak in detail regarding your experiences finding and closing complex deals
    -Be confident, witty, and intelligent
    -Be genuine

Interview Questions

• -Why Oracle?
      -What makes you different from everyone else?
      -Sell me this technology - go.. (role play)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Bridgewater, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied for an Enterprise Account Manager sales position. Overall process was excellent with several telephone interviews to start then a face to face interview with a Regional Vice President.

Interview Questions

• What would your plan be to contact and meet all the assigned accounts?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

They interview you over the phone, same ole' questions about your resume and how you might be a good fit for the role. If you're near-by next step would be face to face, or a video streaming skype session. Then you get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you would be good for this position?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

2 phone calls relatively easy just tell them you are determined to sell their products, sales experience helps too tell them you love working with people and finding solutions you want to get database if you can because that is the best kind of product to sell for sure

Interview Questions

• tell them you love working with people and finding solutions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I was recruited out of college and the interview what some what simple. Oracle began a new sales hire training program. I think the main thing that the recruiter was looking for is a personality. Oracle taught us all the fundamentals in the 8 week program. We just need to ready for it.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Reston, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied via website. Got a response back from an internal recruiter to discuss specifics. About two weeks later to set up interview appointment with hiring manager, then met with VP a couple weeks later. Was told they were interested in making an offer and it came about a week later. I countered for $10K more in salary and they countered with $5K more. Wanted lots of info on background, checked references, asked for lots of previous W2s.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

5 months, met with 7-8 people, very straightforward, I was awarded a verbal offer 3 months before written offer. I spoke to VP sales, direct manager, 2 pre-sales, 3 sales people, 3 mid level managers, and consulting manager