Oracle Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Reston, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

SIMPLE, STRAIGHT FORWARD, Hiring process is 2 weeks;
It is an internal posting, reaching out to the hiring manager directly with resume, from phone interview to in person interview ;
Internal posting sometimes are fake information, so once you send out resume, needs to verify with hiring manager if they replied your email ask if it is available openings .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through University Recruiting.

The interview process was relatively straight forward: I applied online through their specific University Careers website, and received an e-mail soon after. I went through one phone-screening, one on-site interview, and another phone interview. The questions were very simple and all behavioral questions. I was not asked any technical questions. The entire process took about a month.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The oracle/career website is very good where I had applied for this job position.Recruiter contacted me and had 1 round of HR interview on phone. HR submitted my resume to hiring manager. There was 1 phone round interview with hiring manager and final round was skype intervew. IT went well and the job position was offerred.

Interview Questions

• Explain about project methodologies and which one do you recommend SDLC /Sgile/RUP?   1 Answer
    • Explain the payment end to end process   1 Answer
    • What is your approach if requirement is not clear   1 Answer

Oracle Response

Oct 20, 2015 – Head of Global Recruitment Branding

Thanks for your feedback on our career website. Glad to hear your experience was a positive one. welcome to Oracle!

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Just had one HR round. The guy called me 20 minutes late. We start conversing and it goes well. In the end he asks me my base salary, then he asks me how many stocks i've been given and then he asks me what was the exact amount on my w2 in the last 2 years. When I said I can give that info if I get an offer and if it goes any further, he tells me he won't send my resume to the hiring manager until I provide him with that. Hence, I had to send him that info. He doesn't get back to me about the interview and when I email him to ask where it is at, he sends me a rejection. Very weird experience. Dint except this from oracle.

Interview Questions

• Need your w2 information. In an HR interview? like seriously?!   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asia, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Asia, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Telephone and 1st interview. They didn't provide any results over 1 month after interview. In addition, they didn't mention the salary rage. It seems they don't think about applicant's status and how to feel about the company.

Interview Questions

• They had flexible two positions and needed to choose suitable applicant as their position.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Recruiter reached out after about a week, initial interview was fine -- recruiter was very helpful and courteous. It was more informative than anything, a few behavioral questions asked, but nothing very tricky. The second interview was cancelled due to weather conditions. A manager then abruptly canceled the rescheduled interview. The campus recruiter apologized and stated would get back to me regarding a new interview time. That was the last I ever heard from her.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

On the phone-only. I was hired without meeting manager face-to-face. Had a couple of phone interviews with managers on the team, then with the hiring manager. Pretty standard questions overall. No proof of skills required -- I was an internal hire.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Oracle contacted me both via phone and email in order to set up a phone interview. During that interview they asked about my academic and professional experience in order to gage whether they fit the responsibilities of the available position. After assessing that they did, I was invited to panel where many of the same questions were asked in front of the supervisors of the available position.

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you made a mistake and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They sent me a very fair offer and accepted. There was a tone that the offer was not open to negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

1st round was telephonic interview and then there was an onsite interview. The interview questions involved a mix of case and sql questions. Overall was an easy interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2010.

Interview

I went through 8 interviews! Yes, 8, and they were all individual, so that means I had to set up 8 unique chunks of time out of my day over a 45 day period. Many times throughout the process, I was led on by the HR rep and hiring manager that I would be selected. Many of the interviewers were often late, which I have determined is usually reflective of the company. They delayed their decision 3 times and even did not show up for a phone interview on one occasion. The real kicker was when the recruiter called me late the night before the decision to ask if I would accept if they offered the position to me. That's like asking a girl if she would go on a date with you if you did ask. If she says no, you can save yourself the time, if she says yes, you know you have a fallback and can focus attention elsewhere. She even mentioned she would call me to discuss benefits the following day after the hiring manager "hopefully" had good news for me. She also told me I was right at the "Finish-line." After being unneccessarily led on, I had to follow up the next day, only to hear a no? What kept them from screening me out after say.....interview number 4? My time is valuable too ya know.......

Interview Questions

• Given the following data, how would you go about increasing sales?   Answer Question