Oracle Business Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Business Development Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.7

Business Development Manager Interview

Interview

I receive an unsolicited email from a recruiter about an job opening at Oracle. In the email the recruiter attached a job description and ask if I would be interested in the role while inquiring what excites me about this position. After reading the email along with the job description I sent over my response, a couple of emails later we have scheduled a phone interview. On the day of the phone interview the recruiter was a no show, the recruiter did not answer calls nor respond to my phone or emails. So a simply wrote off the company. A couple of months later I get a message from the recruiters asking if I was still interested in the role. I replied that I was so long as this time around the process ran smoothly. The recruiter assured me that it was a mistake and things would be different this time around, however that was not the case. HR learn how to value people's time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online and had an initial phone interview with someone in HR. She asked how much I knew about Oracle and expected me to know a lot of specifics, not just a general overview. Asked me to walk her through my resume. Realized this job was not for me and declined a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you say if I told you this interview was going badly?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Woburn, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

one phone interview, employee cared more to talk about himself, lost phone service for a few seconds and employee got angry

Interview Questions

• what makes you a good fit at oracle? what is your background? why did you choose your background?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

Probably the most difficult interview process I have ever gone thru. They only want the best of the best and it shows! Has taken over 3 weeks and I just got done with the interview process today so we will see. Started out with HR(easy). Then met with the director which consisted of interactive role plays and business relative questions(medium) followed by meeting with 2 other individuals(easy). The tough part came with the presentation, it was a panel review that was selling a business solution to C-Level executives showing multiple value propositions and closing the sale. This had multiple objections and questions on the product.(difficult). After the presentation, we continued the panel interview about how my business solution would relate to the software I would be selling, nothing was easy about this stage of the interview process. Lastly, I interviewed with the VP over the phone which was pretty extensive. We covered my backround and why I am right for Oracle.

My suggestion is to be prepared to cover every aspect of your career and how it related to the product that you will be selling.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell our product to a C-Level Executive?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in September 2010.

Interview

11 interviews along 2 months, not very tough but it´s a very long process

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Oracle?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me a salary, I negotiated once and I accepted then.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2010.

Interview

hard to ge tto recruiter but once you have the first round they move quickly in a moths time all the way to offer and background checks

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      Coming from a telecom to a software background the immediate connection was made when I talked about the business of a company and aligning software with their priority
      1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Utrecht (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Utrecht (Netherlands)) in November 2013.

Interview

Allereerst cond een gesprek met de recruiter plaats. Dit zijn interne recruiters die je dus wel een eerlijk verhaal vertellen. Daarna gesprek met de leidingevende lokaal, gesprek manager internationaal, panel presentatie, diverse interviews stakeholders en een peer. Snelle feedback over gesprekken. Prettig. Formeel aannameproces duurt vervolgens wel erg lang (alles gaat naar US). Je wordt compleet doorgelicht. Je werkverleden wordt helemaal uitgezocht.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Er is niet veel onderhandelbaar maar het pakket dat geboden wordt is compleet en fair.