Oracle Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Oracle Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Oct 31, 2016

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR a week later and had me schedule the phone 'meeting' through their meeting platform. Typical scripted interview. She did mention that the hiring mgr was going to contact me soon, in fact I think he emailed me while my call and provided his window when to speak. The HR person stated that would be the next step. I was asking the right questions but not sure what happened.

After that phone call I responded to the hiring mgr's email to schedule and confirm yet it all went silent. No response. I took that as a sign.

It's funny how desperate he is seeking talent but yet act that way. No thanks!

Interview Questions

• What was your last salary?   1 Answer

Campaign Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

10 minute phone screening with recruiter, 30 minute in-person interview on campus with regional manager, second 30 minute interview with another regional manager over the phone. All 3 interviews were entirely behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with HTML coding?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The oracle/career website is very good where I had applied for this job position.Recruiter contacted me and had 1 round of HR interview on phone. HR submitted my resume to hiring manager. There was 1 phone round interview with hiring manager and final round was skype intervew. IT went well and the job position was offerred.

Interview Questions

• Explain about project methodologies and which one do you recommend SDLC /Sgile/RUP?   1 Answer
    • Explain the payment end to end process   1 Answer
    • What is your approach if requirement is not clear   1 Answer

Oracle Response

Oct 20, 2015 – Head of Global Recruitment Branding

Thanks for your feedback on our career website. Glad to hear your experience was a positive one. welcome to Oracle!

Associate Digital Marketing Email and Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview, then came in and met five different people over the course of an entire morning. Everyone was nice, but at the very end they revealed they aren't hiring, but trying "to build a bank of people" for when they do hire. I think that is disrespectful of peoples' time.

Interview Questions

• How do you perform quality control over your emails blasts.   Answer Question

Senior Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Two telephone interviews. Sounded really interested and then there were long lags before the reached out again. Then six months later a practice leader called and wanted to meet in my city over lunch. Had a good meeting but he was rushed and wanted to get to the suburbs to visit family. Then i never heard again even though he said I was a perfect fit. Sent an email to check on progress and he said they were still working on firming up the position.

Interview Questions

• Basically about my background and experience in dealing with large company deals and specific knowledge of my industry.   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Deerfield, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. Had a chance to meet the manager and several members of my future team. Went over my background and what I can bring to the team, company etc.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience and what were the most challenging moments in my career and how I dealt with them.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter must screen you. Two phone and one in-person interview. They paid for my travel expenses for in-person interview. The hiring process was not painful and was a pleasant experience. Oracle is pretty transparent about their hiring process. Not instance but they covered all of the bases ( salary, benefits, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Multiple times I was asked specifically about my other business interests and level of engagement experience with the client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple and transparent.

CX Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Had 3 phone calls with many different hiring managers across the country. Finished the interview process with a Skype call that went very smoothly. Overall, a very fast, professional and easy going interview process

Sales - Regional Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted by Oracle recruiter first over a year prior but timing was not right. Recruiter reached out again some 4-6 months later when timing was better. Began the process which included 5 to 6 interviews all the way up the chain, 3 of which were in-person, including peers and departmental colleagues. Process took about 3 months from initial contact to offer, a bit longer than most due in large part to scheduling calls and meetings with senior leadership. As with most companies, leadership roles are more commonly filled internally and breaking into Oracle in a management capacity is challenging especially if you have no direct prior relationships. Know that Oracle works at its own pace and if you want the opportunity you must be present and persistent since many people want to work here. Management team is top-notch.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions abound. If you want to do well in the interviews, prepare your stories, be honest, confident and add humor where appropriate. One example: "Describe a time where you received criticism in the management or engagement of others. How did you internalize that criticism and how did that impact your future interactions and/or management style?"   1 Answer

Technical Analyst (Support) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Deerfield, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview and hiring process took several months.

First was an online application to their Careers website, which is precisely as annoying as any other.

I received a call back, and was interviewed by three different managers in a group setting. They asked basic programming and critical thinking questions, and some of the usual interview questions.

They called back about a week or two later, and I went on a tour of the facility. I was given an employment contract relatively swiftly, but the start date was about two months after I was first interviewed.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few basic programming questions and one logic puzzle involving getting people across a bridge with a limited amount of time and different travel speeds.   Answer Question