Oracle Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 4, 2017

2.6

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process is unnecessarily exhausting. 5 separate individual interviewer; 6 hrs onsite interview; start of the interview process was disorganized in many ways. Repetitions in questions asked, as well as in scenario questions presented; people and environment felt very uptight; a number of folks appeared very official and unfriendly....

Interview Questions

• Tell me about when you openly disagreed with your manager and how that went   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

long and boring. standard questions about E&E, situational awareness and responses. knowledge of licensing of other competing products and services. Seem to emphasize globalization of products and holistic approach to leveraging products across platforms and environnments.

Interview Questions

• Past experience with reactive application design   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very situation based interview. Checking your skill to their job role and if you are a personality fit. Its a large company so heave matrix based questions. How you will deal with people. Intricacies of service model, global teams etc

Interview Questions

• Leadership and change management example. How are you the best fit etc.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Interview process is very lengthy which includes a background check. Think in terms of several months to complete the process. Depending on department, there can be 1:1 or a panel interview. 3 main aspects: experience (competitor or customer), comp and ability to adapt.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current company?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle in August 2015.

Interview

Standard process however it does take a long time. There a number of steps that need to be completed and the wait between steps does seem to take a while.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

They talked about lower level positions than job posting. I asked what is the position that I am interviewing for and I was told they were trying to figure out which position I was best fit for.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

very easy. all of it was done over the phone. They were very eager to hire someone into the role but didn't have it well thought out as to what exactly the person would be doing.

Interview Questions

• none, really, they just used it as an opportunity to rag on other companies   Answer Question

Negotiation

it took them one day to come up with an offer and two weeks to get it approved

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

Interview

This was for an internal program to drive adoption of a new technology. Had 3 interviews with stake holders, all phone interviews. I spoke with the program lead, and 2 other internal managers who had been filling in until the opening could be filled. They provided more background, as well as asking me questions regarding how I would approach the role and meet the objectives.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions regarding my background and how it would apply to the position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Couple of phone screen followed by a day long in person interview with various members of the team at HQ. The two phone screens were progressive mainly to wed out false positives. The in person interview covered CS concepts and domain specific knowledge broadly. Salary offered wasn't attractive and refused to negotiate.

Interview Questions

• How will you find the mid point of a linked list?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview

It started with the hiring manager asking me if I knew someone who might be able to do the skills that I actually had while at a conference. The problem was they actually didn't have the position available yet. It took them six months to open the rec. All of the interviews were over the phone (three) and all were with the hiring manager. I never had to talk to HR or anyone else.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a particular type of project (that he knew I had never done)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me for my salary requirements and after describing generally how comp worked at my current employer, the hiring manager asked me if it would be easier if he told me what there maximum salary was. Once I had that info, it was easy to layout my requirements in a way that didn't make me look greedy but also acknowledged that this was a step up. I was also able to negotiate a stock option grant at offer, since I was walking away from my current employer's stock program.