Oracle Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Oracle

2.6

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in July 2019.

Interview

First conversation was with a recruiter. The interviewer was very thorough and provided a great level of detail about what to expect in the interview process for the role, including overall timing. Based on this conversation, I anticipated a very positive and well managed interview experience.

First round was with the hiring manager and then followed by a subsequent interview round with potential peers on the team. The next steps after that were unclear, and then all communication from the recruiter stopped. I followed up with the recruiter to ask for status on the position, and my candidacy, and never received any response at all. I was surprised by the lack of any response. I found that to be highly unprofessional and think it reflects poorly on the organization.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter through LinkedIn.
    First round phone interview - hiring manager has an emergency. Another guy called instead. He likes me and wants me to come on-site soon.
    2nd round on-site - Met with 6 people (some peers, hiring manager, and exec of business unit).
    3rd round - another 2 phone interviews with remote peers.

Interview Questions

• Q1: 60 days plan
      Q2: how did you learn supply chain?
      Q3. Interaction with development teams
      Q4: How do you drive architecture decisions?
      Q5: Describe a time when you have a disagreement with your development team on a technical decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Burlington, MA) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online, spoke with excellent recruiter who very professional, followed by call with hiring manager who was professional and cordial as well. Then was scheduled with a few "panel" members who would be peers for further interviewing. I was told the interview would be in person in the Burlington Mass office. I emailed the hiring managers sec'y the morning of the first interview to verify which building the interview would take place. The hiring managers' sec'y then emailed back and said it was a phone interview - NO ONE had told me that up to 2 hours before the interview. I scrambled to find an appropriate venue to do a phone interview with three people through webx on my phone. The three peers appeared to be dubious of the need to hire someone "outside" the organization vs internally (they seemed to already have made their mind up on that) toward the end of the interview, I asked them specfic questions about the role, their successes, strategies, and why they believed they worked.....all three seemed to be annoyed that I asked so many questions of them (a total of 6 questions). In all my experience in hiring and firing employees, I would never hire someone who couldn't ask me at least a few questions that were relevant and showed a genuine interest in the position. I finished the interview on the phone that day. I was scheduled for another round two interview two days later with different peers. I heard nothing the next day at all - late in the day prior to the second phone interview I received a google calendar cancellation notice for the second interview - that's was it - no explanation, no thank you for your time, nothing - just a "cancellation" notice with no feedback at all. I had thought maybe Oracle had turned a corner and had become more professional, polished, and engaged with their people over the years -but apparently not. It's really sad that an organization like this can treat an applicant this way - I can only imagine how they truly treat their employees - probably just as bad as ever. I believe things like this happen for a reason though,and perhaps I dodged a bullet. As many businesses I speak to daily say, " Oracle doesn't have customers - they have hostages" - which is true - and soon enough those hostages will leave for better cloud based compnaies like AWS that will end up eating their lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell my about a time you struggled in sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process is unnecessarily exhausting. 5 separate individual interviewer; 6 hrs onsite interview; start of the interview process was disorganized in many ways. Repetitions in questions asked, as well as in scenario questions presented; people and environment felt very uptight; a number of folks appeared very official and unfriendly....

Interview Questions

• Tell me about when you openly disagreed with your manager and how that went   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

long and boring. standard questions about E&E, situational awareness and responses. knowledge of licensing of other competing products and services. Seem to emphasize globalization of products and holistic approach to leveraging products across platforms and environnments.

Interview Questions

• Past experience with reactive application design   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very situation based interview. Checking your skill to their job role and if you are a personality fit. Its a large company so heave matrix based questions. How you will deal with people. Intricacies of service model, global teams etc

Interview Questions

• Leadership and change management example. How are you the best fit etc.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Interview process is very lengthy which includes a background check. Think in terms of several months to complete the process. Depending on department, there can be 1:1 or a panel interview. 3 main aspects: experience (competitor or customer), comp and ability to adapt.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current company?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle in August 2015.

Interview

Standard process however it does take a long time. There a number of steps that need to be completed and the wait between steps does seem to take a while.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve quality?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

They talked about lower level positions than job posting. I asked what is the position that I am interviewing for and I was told they were trying to figure out which position I was best fit for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

In-office interview with perhaps 5 or six different staff including the hiring manager for the position and for the entire department. Overall, excellent opportunity to get to know the company and the personalities.

Interview Questions

• Why work for Sun ? My strengths and weaknesses....all the standard questions.   1 Answer