Oracle Interview Questions in Dublin, Co. Dublin | Glassdoor

3.1

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2017.

Interview

Expectations that are set in interviews are that the candidate should be of the highest standard relative to the role that they apply for. Is it reasonable to expect a company to do the same.

Process started with a phone interview from a cafe in UK which went well, albeit a little noisy. Interviewer was excited about my experience and the fit that it offered for the role. Asked that I send a resume with more detail as my initial one is minimal.

Sent detailed resume along with specific questions about the role, never received a reply.

Contacted a few days later by admin in Bucharest to arrange second interview.

Attended second interview and first observation was that the interviewer said my resume needed more detail, hmmm, the resume the second interviewer had received wasn't my detailed version that I had put together for this role.

Interviewer proceeded to ask me some specific questions about the role and was visibly irritated by the answers that I gave. The role they had in their mind was different to the role described. I had of course answered based on the described role and the information I had from my first interview.

It's understandable from the face to face interview that I wouldn't be offered the role. Unfortunate as I have heard very positive comments on Oracle as a company.

Suggestions to enhance and offer a clear perspective of potential candidates in interviews:
    - Conduct face to face interviews with more than one person
    - Have a clear plan of what questions need to be asked
    - Ensure a clear balance of competency and behavioral based questions
    - Link advertised key competencies to competency based questions
    - Ask questions you don't know the answer to

Unfortunately for me the second half of the interview process wasn't a positive experience, but I do believe it was simple one of those things that happens sometimes. Events line up in the wrong order and perspectives get negatively impacted.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?
      What interested you about the role?
      How would you handle a difficult staff member?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Interview process was very long and drawn out. The recruiter was generally pleasant to deal with but the entire experience lacked transparency from the get go. Wasted so much time and energy on five separate interviews only to be told at the last hurdle they were looking for other candidates. Very poorly handled - emails gone unanswered, calls and voicemails ignored. I eventually pulled out of the race, after a 4+ month process - if that is how they treat prospective employees, I think I dodged a bullet!

Interview Questions

• What three words would your best friend use to describe you?   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn, where they asked me if I would be interested in a conversation with a Interviewer about the role.

It is a three stage process.
    1. Interview with HR
    2. Interview with two managers
    3. Interview with a director

Mostly CV & behavioral questions + why this role, why sales?

My overall experience was very positive. Everyone was very friendly and didn't wanted to make it especially hard for me.

Interview Questions

The BDC role wasn't the right role for me after all.

Business Development - Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

2 screening phone interviews at least and 4 face to face interviews with seniors managers. Oracle Dublin seems to have organization issues where nobody is able to take decisions. I went up to the final interview, I was supposed to meet the senior director but he couldn't make it at the last minute and I've got the interview with a senior manager. Interview went well and she informed that I would like still need to meet the director that I was suppose to have the with as a very final interview. Afterward & despite multiple attempt to contact, this very final interview never took place and worst part to come, I have got no response on my emails & linkedIn to talent acquisition & senior managers which is somewhere a lack of respect . So very poor experience and I don't understand why I have met 4 senior managers before and nobody able to answer me. At this end, I am quite happy for not being successful as this experience tell a lot on people value & company organization.

Interview Questions

• Mainly based on previous experience, no particular tricky questions. Question on your management style. Question on how you deal with lead duplicate and how you could avoid it.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called and reviewed on my CV and why I wanted to work for Oracle. I was then asked why I think I would be good at such a company. After this I was brought in for an assessment center. I was in this with ten other people. We each had to do a presentation, why me, why Oracle. Then we were interviewed

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was 3 on the phone - an initial one with a recruiter, which was quite simple. The second was with the first line manager for that role, which consisted of going through the CV and questions about what is motivating you to move and why you would consider Oracle. If on the hardware team some questions about products and solutions and what you understand may be asked. Third Interview was live in the office and consisted of a role play, a presentation covering Why me? Why Oracle and various other questions about your suitability for the role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiating salary was very tricky, they didn't budge and the basic is OK, not great, but with a promise of good potential earnings on commission.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Quite standard. Why Oracle? Wy Dublin? What do you knw about the role? previous results in other companies. Managing, coaching and motivating reps. Managing several stakeholders, self service mentality. Networking.How do you manage change?

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2016.

Interview

My interview process in Oracle was extremely bad and unprofessional. Two recruiters were supposed to follow my application, well neither of me really did it... they did not follow up, did not update me, and what's more concerning they did not even bother replying to my emails asking for updates...
    My referral had to intervene to ask for some info and only after that they decided it was time to let me know that the role has been put on hold for more than a month and that they do not know if it's going to be open soon...
    I think the whole process lacked professionality! The HR and the staffing team are the first point of contact of any company and the Oracle one is not giving a first good impression!
    I am never going to apply for any role here!

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very professional, the decision was made at the given time frame, very constructive feedback after. The hiring manager was well prepared, gave me the time to answer my questions, was listening and making notes the whole time. It was made on time, nobody was late, questions were very difficult, well prepared for the job profile.

Presales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

The whole interview process was really badly organised. I would expect more from big company such as Oracle. E.g.:
    - I needed to organise and pay my flights to Dublin (after 2 months still haven't received the compensation)
    - 2 manager interviewed me: they both came and go during the interview, another one didnt have glasses with him, they havent read my cv, they asked same questions because they didnt know what other one has asked 5 minutes earlier.
    -> I didnt get a job and reason was that apparently they havent received answers they were looking for.
    - During the process I needed to be in contact with Netherlands, Romania and Ireland offices. Very complicated and one hand does not know what other one has done. Some persons were really friendly and most helpful but it is only as much they can do in such a complicated system.

Interview Questions

• General questions about myself, my career, presales, what I know about Oracle, about position   Answer Question