Oracle Interview Questions in Hyderabad, India | Glassdoor

3.3

186 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Process consists of written test, 3 rounds of F2F. Mine was 2.7 years of experience.
    1. written test - 25 java + 5 apti
    2. Round 1 - java basics + code basics
    3. Round 2 - Data Structures
    4. Round 3 - previous company projects and architecture followed by design and implementation of rest and soap services from scratch.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Online test with MCQ questions on aptitude, CS theory and OOP/java. Majority of people passed through this round. This was followed by interview rounds, with first three being technical and the last being HR.

Interview Questions

• Find optimal path through a matrix like maze with obstacles in it.   1 Answer
    • Reverse a linked list in place.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

Pre-interview rounds
    1st round- was mcq round having questions in 4 sections-verbal communication, aptitude, coding, os n dbms for around 2hrs
    2nd round-coding round- 2 ques
    1. How many minimum number of bits should be flipped in a string containing 0’s and 1’s such that 0’s and 1’s should be alternate
    2. If the first letter in a string in capital change the full string to capital letters or else change full string to small letters
    Face-to-face rounds
    All the interviewers i got were friendly and asked me data structures and general programs. each one asked if I had some questions at the end of the interview. students are evaluated based on their thinking ability, programming skills, attitude and communication in each round.
     1st round
    the interviewer asked me to explain two of my projects..
     After this he asked me to write a program for Fibonacci series and then finding anagrams in a sentence. complete code was expected but each line was not scrutinized. if you can explain it correctly and confidently it should be good enough. He also asked some basics of java. He further went about trying to give me a question in which a matrix has 0's and 1's and to change the row and columns to 0 .he later asked me how i would declare a multi dimensional hashmap.
    2nd round
      the level of technical questions increased in this round. Complete code was expected. He asked me a bit about my project to start. then started asking me about different data structures and their advantages of linked list. he asked how i find a loop in a linked list and the start point of the loop. he then asked me a question about stock prices and stored in an array-how to find the time when to buy and sell the stock so as to maximize the profit (i first gave a solution which would require multiple traversals of the array which he asked me to optimize into a single traversal). He then asked how i would implement a random function without the built in functions. He then asked how i would develop a parking system which is multilevel and had a different limit of number of vehicles at each level in such a way as it would show if its full or not. Finally, he asked how i would print a matrix in a zigzag way.
    3rd round
    the interviewer asked me to start with introducing myself. He asked me to explain any one of my projects i liked. i explained him the project i did about generating movie recommendations with the full logic. he then asked be the program to convert decimal into binary. later he asked me to do a level order traversal of a bst. i did a recursive solution but he wasn’t satisfied and asked me reduce the number of traversals so a suggested using a queue which he accepted. he then asked me a query - in a table consisting of authorid, book name , year and cost how can i retrieve the number of authors who sold more than 3 book in a year. he also asked general java concepts like inheritance polymorphism etc. he then asked me questions like tell me about your family, why oracle etc
    Finally they announced the results at around 9:15pm 25 students were selected

Interview Questions

• stock prices are stored in an array-how to find the time when to buy and sell the stock so as to maximize the profit   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I applied through college.frst round had questions frm c, oops java, dbms, output based questions and quantative.second round was coding.i got questions on strings.I was rejected in frst round.they asked me few puzzles and logics.

Interview Questions

• Write a logic for calculating gpa as per your college norms   Answer Question

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter scheduled a interview and called for in person discussion.
    The process was smooth and interview started on scheduled time. The role was clearly defined by the interviewer before the interview began
    There were good arrangements for lunch
    5 rounds (3 technical + 1 Technomanagerial + 1 managerial).

Interview Questions

• java programming questions, questions about linked list and game based java programs, design patterns   1 Answer

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

it was neat and clean asked questions and given much time to think and asked few puzzles in each round there were 3 rounds written test ,round 1 and round 2

Interview Questions

• program to print rhombus
      program to find square root without using sqrt functon   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Asked about data structures and algorithms and few math problems. But taking more than 2 months to release offer letter(Still i didn't get offer letter). My suggestion is even if you got selected in oracle try other companies too because you don't know whether these guys give you offer letter or not. They are taking too much time and won't reply to your calls or mail. So don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Loop detection in LinkedList?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Skill based questions were asked
    Standard questions were also asked like:Why should i hire you?
    What is your USP?How will you be a perfect fit for the team?
    Are you familiar with java?

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

telephonic tech round followed by face to face tech rounds of interview. one round of face to face interview with manager. there is no formal HR round. your manager get to decide the designation and salary package.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions in tech round. nothing special   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

- Online test with 5 sections viz aptitude, c++,os,dbms,English
    - In person interviews 2 round
    - First round technical around 1hr +
    - 2nd round was technical and HR combine, it also took around 50 minute
    - Background verification
    - Final offer letter

Interview Questions

• Round 1
      - Former work responsibilities
      - Different ETL scenarios and how to handle them
      - Some question on Java oops concept
      - Program to print level order traversal of a binary tree
      - Some questions on SQL queries   1 Answer