Oracle Interview Questions in Hyderabad, India | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.2

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

telephonic tech round followed by face to face tech rounds of interview. one round of face to face interview with manager. there is no formal HR round. your manager get to decide the designation and salary package.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions in tech round. nothing special   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

- Online test with 5 sections viz aptitude, c++,os,dbms,English
    - In person interviews 2 round
    - First round technical around 1hr +
    - 2nd round was technical and HR combine, it also took around 50 minute
    - Background verification
    - Final offer letter

Interview Questions

• Round 1
      - Former work responsibilities
      - Different ETL scenarios and how to handle them
      - Some question on Java oops concept
      - Program to print level order traversal of a binary tree
      - Some questions on SQL queries

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a written test comprising of 4 sections and guys are shortlisted based on the relative performance.
    1st Tech Round:
    very general questions asked, from maths, java, data structures and asked me to write 2 programs

2nd tech round:
    very casual questions, asked whether I am interested in oracle or not.

hr round:
    asked my interview experiences, asked whether I had any offer in hand.
    offered me a wait list offer.

Interview Questions

• write a program to count the numbers of words and the frequency of each character in a given string?   Answer Question
    • write a program to print fibonacci series of given length?   Answer Question
    • Write a recursive program to calculate factorial and asked about how the calling of function takes place and how the stack is used for that   Answer Question
    • How can you judge the speed of a computer, what is clock speed, how is it related to speed of computer, Why is ram important for executing programs, what is virtual memory.   Answer Question

Server Technologies Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a friendly process. Since I am from Mechanical, they didn't ask me hardcore CS concepts. They asked about projects. Then about my internship. They asked simple algorithms. They asked two puzzles also. It was not that difficult, but they probably expect better-optimised algorithms. They asked me questions like reversing an array. They also asked about finding duplicates in an array and deleting them.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

will be between 3-5 rounds depending on the team size. Interview will span across the technical and personal fronts. The questions that were asked are more of technical and design oriented. Take time to understand the question and answer the logic behind your answer. Logic is important not the final answer.

Interview Questions

• Java code to connect to DB .
      Generate a UI page for Login screen and validate the username/pwd.
      Design a warehouse with the given details and solve the transportation problem.
      Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

They conducted well ,in single day they took around 5 round ,except in framework and tool involved in sonar ,and deployment knowledge good to have.One written test like SCJP .two sample program

Interview Questions

• reverse number ,get count of each word ,thread ,hashmap ,hashtable   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Three rounds in total.
    Got rejected after first round.
    Few questions on current project and others that were mentioned in resume. Rest are generic which seemed easy but couldn't satisfy the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Question: Write pseudo code to validate and evaluate a given arithematic expression

Example: a+(b*c)+(d/e)

If the input is syntactically wrong, display an error message else display the result
      1 Answer
    • Question: Write a simple query to show data in a single resultset.

Resultset should have department table data first order by deptname and followed immediately by sub-department table data also ordered by deptname.

Both tables data should be wrapped in a single resultset, with the above criteria.
      1 Answer
    • Question: Given a string comprising of all words of a text book. Find out the no of individual strings and their occurrences.   1 Answer
    • Question: your first project is based on browser automation. Tell me how do you capture the salary of an employee whose salary is 10,000 from a list of employees.   1 Answer
    • Interviewer: I have seen u mentioned JUNIT in your resume. Tell me what is it all about?   1 Answer

Mobile Architect (IOS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Being venue on time never helps, there are no onfloor coordinators hence tailgated twice and walked to the cabin of the interviewer (I hate this part very much). Third time, the interviewer made me wait (its better than tailgated) for almost 20 mins and he came to the lobby to pick me up.

3 rounds of technical discussions done by various people. First one was done by iOS Architect and it was easy one. Discussed about cross platforms, trending topics, some logic tests, challenges in previous projects, etc. He was friendly, due to the time limitation we ended up discussion.

Next round after a week, and this time it was a director. He seems quite serious but end of discussion I can say he is nice too. Talked about various patterns, design and the business what Oracle was doing, etc. and it was 40 mins discussion. I was pretty sure that I did nice job.

As usual Oracle takes its sweet time to respond back to my follow up emails about the status. And this time its a serious manager. He asked where did you stay, when I said I reside in a gated community of triplex Villa, he was surprised and asked what did my father do. This little upset me, and I murmured "its not your business" but answered simple way.

From that moment, the discussion was never been polite nor upto my expectations. He doesn't understands the technical jargons of mobile strategy and keeps asking very simple and try to compare other languages (Java, PHP, .Net). I don't know what's his strategy but he seems like unable to understand what I'm trying to explain. The deeper I go the deeper he confused. When I started explaining Core Data (I told him this might be little tough to understand, if you don't know iOS) seems he is little confused but he nods his head as understood (I doubt so) and said no more questions. This is almost over an hour and I'm pretty sure that I did good too.

Next I gave it up and also didn't receive any update from HR too. For me it matters whom you gonna work. People don't understands your hard work and criticise you, obviously not a best choice as your boss.

Interview Questions

• Sort array, without using any built in sorting algorithms.
      Find the duplicates with only one for loop.
      Design Autofill dictionary for text fields.
      Design a vending machine.
      Why would you keep user policies at server side rather on device?

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

They focus mainly on Core Java. They ask logical questions on Arrays, Collection Framework and we need to write the code snippet. After clearing the this round there will be a manager round where they will ask you to design a project for the given scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Without using length and size function how could you get the 2nd last variable in an array of integers?   3 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

It was insane and disappointing.
    I told the panel that I am from python and i was assured that it doesn't matter unless i lack the methodologies.
    I still don't understand how would such a company ask people on the syntax of a language rather look for solving a problem - in pesudo code)
    Round 1 was an aptitude/Algorithm/Java (i applied as a Pythoniast)
    Answered the questions on JAVA(from past exp. with the lang.) and cleared it.

Round 2: This guys English was horrible: (I even hinted that i know Hindi/Telugu)

Questions on JRE/JDK (He tells me these are basics that everyone on earth is expected to know)
    The regular reversing a number.
    I lost the interest in answering anymore questions. I wanted to leave right away, but stayed just to gain the experience.

25 horses problem, (it took me 4 times to ask him what he meant by "HORSES" )
    He doesn't understand my analysis and when i came back home i was shocked to see what he was trying to do (literally getting me to answer the question in his way, the way it is online.

stock-market profit maximization: He tried to write random numbers (stock values) bu then erased 'em all and took out his ph. to copy the values from somewhere. (It took me 10 min to understand what i should do with the numbers he gave me, He tried very hard (with me asking him to repeat every other word)

Isn't the goal of asking such questions is to look for my approach to a problem rather the right solution already posted online.

It is not always the case the interviewee should be appealing, The interviewer should be interesting as well to continue a conversation further.

Interview Questions

• 1. Lot many questions on JDK and JRE.. (would a program run without a JDK But, has JRE in the System)
      2. programs on access specifiers and JAVA