Oracle Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.9

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Burlington, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 people within an hour. It was a panel mix of team leads, managers, and pillar directors. I left the interview confident in my representation of myself and feedback from the interviewers. From the time of the interview to start date was about 5 weeks. Getting through workflow was the hold up of about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the right person for this position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was not difficult but it is worthwhile to be prepared for questions you know they might ask. The interview process involves 3 separate interviews round robin style. At the end you will have spoken to 2 RMs and a Director and they will each have met with 3 candidates before meeting to decide if you get an offer or a pass.
    Typically the notice comes in a few days. You should close for the job in each interview. If you succeed you still have to wait for them to get the approval to formally say yes.
    Know what Oracle is messaging and how that message relates to the target role. Be prepared to objection handle for the obvious resume facts... they will be looking for a solid acknowledgement of the question, a brief response to address it and then how you manage to steer the conversation in a positive direction. They will ask the "what's you biggest weakness?" question. Have examples or stories ready to talk about how you managed similar challenges or met similar goals in the past. Just make sure to ask for the job with every interviewer. If you don't it's an auto reject.

Interview Questions

• What is more important...Tactics or Strategy?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest talent you bring to the company and what's your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Why should I hire you?   Answer Question
    • What's the most important qualifier to identify when uncovering a potential deal...Timeframe, Budget, or .....?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Recruiter on college reached out to me. It was just a few interviews with the team. Didn't talk to hiring manager at all. Overall, it was pretty easy, even for an inexperience person

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through USC and Interviewed through Skype. Recruiter looked disappointed with my face and answers, she ended the interview in 5 minutes and lied to me saying she would send my info to the hiring manager. I emailed her after a month of not hearing back. Never received a reply back. Definitely left a bad impression.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oracle in June 2013.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and asked for a call. I had one phone interview with the recruiter for about 30 minutes, where I was asked to walk through my resume and talk about my experiences. No unexpected questions or challenging brain teasers were given. It was the most casual experience I have had interviewing.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked were difficult or unexpected.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed; I tried.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very brief. They only recruited from select schools and expected the school's admissions process to do most of the work for them. I applied through my school website and was contacted to schedule an interview. After one interview, a background check and GPA review I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No options to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Interview

First step in the process was an informal meeting at a college fair. Soon after was in touch with a recruiter for a phone interview and follow up in person interview. Overall process took about two months from first contact to through the door interview. Everyone I dealt with in HR and through the interview process was very nice.

Very long commute was a major issue, took an offer with a smaller growing company much closer to home.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Met the recruiter at the career fair, had 2 over the phone interviews and then got the final offer. Entire process was pretty quick!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

Interview

I met the recruiter at the career fair and a few months later was contacted for a phone interview. After that I had once more phone interview and was offered the position in the next few weeks. The overall process was very easy and satisfying. Throughout my two interviews I focused on one project that I led and then on asking about their work-life balance.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge that arose while working on a project that you stepped up as the leader to overcome and how did that turn out?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

Employee referral. One day later had a phone interview, followed by a 3 person panel interview the following week with the managers. The next week I got a call saying they were putting me through the workflow - which means they are hiring you assuming all goes well with the process. Took 3-4 weeks total. Interview was a little intimidating with 3 people. Asked mostly why sales, why Oracle, what-if scenarios and experience-based questions. First job out of college.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time you had to overcome a problem. Tell us a time you turned a "no" to a "yes"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Barely a negotiation phase. They told me what I would get before I even had the offer. I had no experience so I couldn't negotiate.