Oracle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

928 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Compliance Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

The recruitment process began with a prompt email following submission of my application. I completed a phone interview with the recruiter and then two additional phone interviews with compliance staff. During the last interview I was told to expect to hear from the recruiter to arrange an on-site meeting with the division leader. Then, radio silence.

Numerous emails to the recruiter went completely unanswered. A few months later I noticed the job was re-posted and I decided to email the recruiter one more time for info. Surprisingly, I received a response from the recruiter but only stated he would get back to me with steps for candidates who previously started the recruiting process. Again, never heard back and my follow-up email went unanswered.

I would think a company as successful as Oracle would have a more responsive and professional recruiting staff.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Campus, IL).

Interview

The aptitude test is pretty doable and you require not much of practise to solve the quantitative questions and logical questions. The technical part is based on basics of Computer Science related to DBMS, OOPS, OS, Big O notation etc.
    The interview for non IT students was focused on their branch and their projects. They just asked a few puzzles which was pretty easy.
    The technical interview involved some HR questions as well. I felt that I couldn't come off completely sincere when I was asked why I was applying for a software job even though I had some projects in my domain.
    I heard that the HR was pretty easy as well without any mind twisting questions.

Interview Questions

• The famous frog jumping 3 steps up a well and coming down 2 step for every jump. how many jumps does it take to jump out of a 30 feet well.   1 Answer

Sales and Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

An Oracle college recruiter came to my University and answered any questions for interested students. After an initial introduction and interaction with the recruiter she gave me her professional email and requested a transcript, resume, and an application sheet to be emailed back. Once my information was reviewed, I was scheduled for a phone call interview. I am currently waiting for the next step in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you do not enjoy doing, but continue to do? Why do you choose to continue?   1 Answer
    • What makes you a competitive candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Chapel Hill, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Second of 3 interviews. On campus interview. The next round will most likely be on the phone. They are looking for December hires first, but are also hiring for next summer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for front end role. I was asked to provide the system design mainly focused on backend and application clustering. I answered them and I was thinking there may be more questions with it related to front end coding after this. But then there comes questions to write middleware/backend code.
    Even though this role was for front end position, I was not asked a single question about any of the front end technologies. Whole discussion was completely irrelevant with the role.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

in phone interview. was asked algorithm questions such as string substring. binary tree traverse. also technique questions such as concurrent read/write. how to make improvement.
    Also previous working experience, what is the scale of the project, how many years, ever mentor any other people. so on

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in October 2017.

Interview

Phone call for initial behavioral questions along with figuring out what type of person I am and what motivates me. It was very personal and more of a conversation

Interview Questions

Interview

The interviewer seemed hostile and acted like he'd rather be doing something else. You could tell he was not interested in the first few minutes. Probably just trying to fill quotas or something. I was trying to get a flow of the conversation but he was super awkward.

Class of Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

There are 3 rounds of phone interviews. Interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable. It is a good idea to become familiar with their cloud offerings before hand. It is also a good idea to learn about what is going on with the company. Be prepared for lots of questions about sales.

Director Methodology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Series of phone interviews over 5 days with 5 interviewers for a duration of 45 minutes each. Usually conducted before 8am or after 9pm PST. The HR coordinated the timing of the interviews and set up the WEBEX sessions.