Oracle Principal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Principal Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

3.1

129 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Interaction with teams and Director. More of an informal problem solving and exploratory format than a grilling technical interview. First, meet members from multiple candidate teams to see what might fit you/them. Then there is usually a more drawn out slightly more technical interview with some 2 or 3 members. Lastly, interaction with management to finish.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

It takes 3 rounds of interview , in which two of them are technical and 1 managerial interview. Technical interviews are very specific to the technologies you have worked on and project and implementation. Most general questions are about your role and challenges.

Interview Questions

• Q: Most Challenging situation in any of your project and how did you manage.   1 Answer

Principal Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Did not interview under Oracle. Oracle bought Sun. Used to work for Sun Micro. Oracle does not hire any HW engineer in San Diego lately. Only lay engineers off so Larry E. get more bonus.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

On a Sunday, the hiring director was asking preliminary questions while driving. It was a generic pre-screen question to determine how well you understood cloud and what experience you had with customers.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with oracle products, hardware and middleware   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Job through Online. The recruiter scheduled a Telephonic interview which lasted for nearly 1 hour. By next week they called for in-person interview. There were total 4 1:1 interviews each 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java Script questions.
      - Use strict
      - Javascript objects
      - Jquery noconflict
      - Jquery event bubling   Answer Question
    • Basic Java Questions
      - Collection framework
      - Threads
      - platform independant   Answer Question
    • SOA Related questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It's a friendly interview. It's a interview on the phone. They ask some technical questions and also ask me questions about my projects on the resume. It lasts about 50 minutes. The interviewer is nice and the overall atmosphere is comfortable. He tells me a lot of things about oracle and interviews. They are very helpful.

Principal License Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Rocklin, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I have a colleague who referred me for this position. The license management recruiter called and told me to expect the hiring manager to set up an interview. The Hiring Manager emailed 2 weeks after the recruiter and set up the interview for 2 weeks after the email. My interview lasted 1.5 hours and consisted of a sit down with 3 license consultants followed by a sit down with the hiring manager and another senior manager and finally another sitdown with another senior manager. The tone was friendly and the managers/consultants spend about as much time explaining the position as they did asking and listening to my answers. One week after the interview, I received a verbal offer that I accepted. My start date was 3 weeks after I accepted the offer. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. My colleague had prepped me on questions and salary range prior to the interview, which helped tremendously.

Interview Questions

• Consultants
      - Tell us about yourself/intro
      - Tell us about your experience as auditor
      - What is my experience with IT?
      - Have you had to deliver bad news? Give example
      - You have lots of supervisor experience. Are you okay with being an individual contributor?

Hiring Manager and senior manager
      - Tell us about your experience as auditor
      - What is my experience with IT? What experience do I have with Oracle products?
      - What is your salary range that you were expecting? When can you start?

Last Senior Manager
      - Tell me about yourself/intro
      - How do you expect to learn about oracle products so you can become an expert?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Referral is the most important thing to get into the company
    It is not a very hard interview process but you need to impress the hiring manager
    You need to make sure to answer the questions related to your character correctly

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I had interviews with four groups in one day, travelled to both the HQ and santa clara campus. All the managers are kind and encouraging, talked most about the projects that I have done from my resume. Had a three night stay at SF. After I got back, heard back from the HR after a week and got n oral offer, one week later got the official offer form Oracle.

Interview Questions

• Had a couple of brain twisters and VLSI related question such as dynamic circuits and my project   Answer Question

Interview

Recruiter Called through Linked In, and then submitted the resume to the Hiring Manager.
     Hiring manager called to see the technical fit for the position.
    Two Personal Technical Interviews by peers.
    Then One final In-person interview by the hiring manager.
    Background Check and offer followed.