Oracle Principal Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Principal Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

3.1

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

It takes 3 rounds of interview , in which two of them are technical and 1 managerial interview. Technical interviews are very specific to the technologies you have worked on and project and implementation. Most general questions are about your role and challenges.

Interview Questions

• Q: Most Challenging situation in any of your project and how did you manage.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

On a Sunday, the hiring director was asking preliminary questions while driving. It was a generic pre-screen question to determine how well you understood cloud and what experience you had with customers.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with oracle products, hardware and middleware   1 Answer

Principal License Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Rocklin, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I have a colleague who referred me for this position. The license management recruiter called and told me to expect the hiring manager to set up an interview. The Hiring Manager emailed 2 weeks after the recruiter and set up the interview for 2 weeks after the email. My interview lasted 1.5 hours and consisted of a sit down with 3 license consultants followed by a sit down with the hiring manager and another senior manager and finally another sitdown with another senior manager. The tone was friendly and the managers/consultants spend about as much time explaining the position as they did asking and listening to my answers. One week after the interview, I received a verbal offer that I accepted. My start date was 3 weeks after I accepted the offer. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. My colleague had prepped me on questions and salary range prior to the interview, which helped tremendously.

Interview Questions

• Consultants
      - Tell us about yourself/intro
      - Tell us about your experience as auditor
      - What is my experience with IT?
      - Have you had to deliver bad news? Give example
      - You have lots of supervisor experience. Are you okay with being an individual contributor?

Hiring Manager and senior manager
      - Tell us about your experience as auditor
      - What is my experience with IT? What experience do I have with Oracle products?
      - What is your salary range that you were expecting? When can you start?

Last Senior Manager
      - Tell me about yourself/intro
      - How do you expect to learn about oracle products so you can become an expert?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Referral is the most important thing to get into the company
    It is not a very hard interview process but you need to impress the hiring manager
    You need to make sure to answer the questions related to your character correctly

Interview Questions

Interview

Recruiter Called through Linked In, and then submitted the resume to the Hiring Manager.
     Hiring manager called to see the technical fit for the position.
    Two Personal Technical Interviews by peers.
    Then One final In-person interview by the hiring manager.
    Background Check and offer followed.

Senior Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Two telephone interviews. Sounded really interested and then there were long lags before the reached out again. Then six months later a practice leader called and wanted to meet in my city over lunch. Had a good meeting but he was rushed and wanted to get to the suburbs to visit family. Then i never heard again even though he said I was a perfect fit. Sent an email to check on progress and he said they were still working on firming up the position.

Interview Questions

• Basically about my background and experience in dealing with large company deals and specific knowledge of my industry.   Answer Question

Principal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Albany, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Great interviews with the hiring team, position had been open for 5 months and things were fast-tracked to get a resource on-site and contributing. However, after negotiating and receiving an offer from the hiring manager, the Recruiter wanted me to provide my salary in my current position before sending out an Offer letter. I declined and replied my current position has different responsibilities and the work is not related (current job is post-sales, new position is pre-sales). The Recruiter insisted and added how would it look if Oracle hired someone making $80K and this had to go through 5 levels of review? I gave the recruiter a range on my current salary and told her I needed to prepare for my call at 2:30. Later I received an email from the same Recruiter that Oracle declined to give me an Offer.

Interview Questions

• What were the five qualities you want to see in a manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Lengthy interview process with multiple technical calls. The approval process was long. I did not think I was going to get a call back. I am glad I did not give up, I am very satisfied with my new job. The interviewers were SMEs on the Oracle products giving appropriate feedback on the accuracy of my responses.

Interview Questions

• Describe the usage of Oracle's table partitioning and how it is used to improve performance on queries.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

4 phone interview and 2 face to face. 4 interview were technical and one situational and one managerial round. overall it was pleasant experience . they look for logical person with lots of aptitude knowledge

Interview Questions

• all questions were about what I had done in past .situational question were like most difficult task I took and completed   Answer Question

Interview

I came in during a merger, but the originating as well as the interview questions that I usually asked were mainly around technical expertise against a specific software. In addition, prepare to be interviewed with 3 or more fellow consultants and then finally the hiring manager.