Oracle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017
3,451 Interview Reviews

Interview

Quick and efficient. Standard process: phone interview with a recruiter, then on site with five different interviewers. The interview was hard but the interviewer were personable and open. All were very candid answering my answers.

Applications Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Several series of interviews, including 2 over-the-phone interviews, 1 off-site in-person interview, and 2 on-site in-person presentation interviews. They said this was not a typical interview process, and that I had to go through extra interviews. They said the typical process is a phone interview with the recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person presentation with the hiring manager and team. I spent a total of 2 months and 3 vacation days interviewing.

I like their management team, their direction, and I like their benefits, but I wish they had offered a livable salary for the San Francisco Bay Area.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      How would you be a good fit for Oracle?
      What do you do day-to-day?
      How did I find accounts?
      How would you sift through and quickly get set up with thousands of accounts?
      There are 3 different teams - finance, CX, and ERP; which team do you see yourself on?
      They also asked me a series of questions about my product during the presentation.   Answer Question

No salary was negotiated until the end. They asked for and I gave my salary for the last 5 years. They came back with 40-50% less than what GlassDoor had set my expectations to be, and it was also 25% less than what I was currently making. I requested more for cost of living . HR stuck firm with their lowball offer. declined the job offer due to the salary being significantly lower than the cost-of-living for the area.

To the hiring manager's credit, he tried to get a higher salary. I appreciate him trying - it shows that the management is very good and fights for their team, but HR is inflexible.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Oakland, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

This was for the BMC group, which is much different than the rest of Oracle.

I had a phone screen with an HR person, then a phone interview with the director. Then I came in for a full day of interviews.

The interview was very informal, more like 5, 1 hour conversations, than an interview. The difficult part is that there was no job description, which made it hard to prepare.

Value Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Good mix of interviewing with HR, peers and senior leaders. Provides you with an opportunity to know if the company is a good fit for you. Not a real formal process. Good onboarding process once hired.

Interview Questions

• I honestly can't think of anything that was asked of me that was that difficult. More of a conversation. This will obviously change depending on the role and who you are interviewing with   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

2 separate 30 minute interviews with 2 different business development managers.

They just run through your resume and past experiences. they are really looking for competitive applicants who wont get pushed around in a LARGE corporate atmosphere.

Sales Interview

Interview

it was great, interviewer good, phone interview, took job recently after offer, head quarters in redwood shores, california, long commute to work, enjoyable i like it here. might stay forever, might stay not forever, it all remains to be seen, who knows what i will be doing in the future

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Interaction with teams and Director. More of an informal problem solving and exploratory format than a grilling technical interview. First, meet members from multiple candidate teams to see what might fit you/them. Then there is usually a more drawn out slightly more technical interview with some 2 or 3 members. Lastly, interaction with management to finish.

Senior Database Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

It was a initial phone interview with HR. The interviewer sounded demotivated and unprofessional. He asked me general HR question like tell me about yourself, etc. Nothing difficult. It's almost like he was interviewing me just to keep himself busy. I was disappointed with the overall experience. It's a shame for such a large corporation.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to Oracle's Cloud Division (Sparta) through a personal referral at the end of May. They reached out in mid-June to schedule a quick call. Although I responded immediately, it took 4 days for a response. This call ended up being a formal 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager, for which I was unprepared since the email communications had only mentioned that we would be chatting about possible future opportunities. From that point, I was told a recruiter and recruiting coordinator would be in touch and that I would be invited in for an interview loop. The recruiting coordinator got in touch right away, but was unable to schedule my interview loop until three weeks later. The recruiter reached out for available times for another phone sync, but never scheduled this phone sync and never communicated with me again (even though I followed up). I interviewed in person in mid-July - a 4+ hour interview loop that was five separate interviews with seven people. The interview loop itself went well, without any major curve balls, and everyone was super nice. However, based on their recruiting packet as well as my conversations with the hiring manager, I was expecting a quick response within a week. After a week and a half, I followed up on the status of the position and have received no communication since )it's now been over 3 1/2 weeks). Based on all of the communication challenges and lack of follow-up, I would not recommend interviewing at Oracle.

Interview Questions

• Lots of the typical questions (strengths/weaknesses, time you failed, etc.)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through college and recieved a reply that I matched with a couple of teams. One of the teams was the Cloud and Silicon Team. I had one phone interview with two interviewers on the other side (one PM and one engineer). They asked me details about my projects and discussed multithreading/concurrency problems.

The second interviewer was based in Texas. He called me up and jumped on directly to a system design question where I had to design a banking transaction system that has services in New York, Tokyo and Bangalore. Each of them has a database at the location that only the server at the same location can access. Somehow, all the data in the three databases in always replicated. He wanted me to build a system somehow that would solve concurrency issues when a request from one user was recieved at all three servers at the same time.

Now, he placed a few constraints.
    1. The servers cannot forward requests to each other.
    2. They cannot access (or lock) each other's databases.
    3. We cannot add more servers.
    4. We are not allowed any global timestamp.

Basically, he added constraints as I gave the solution. When I had no answer left, he blurted something like "Nowadays, graduates have no idea about building systems". Then he moved on and said "Do you have any questions?". I responded "Sir, could you tell me the answer to the same question?".

Obviously, the guy had no answer. I'm glad I am not a part of his team.