Oracle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017
3,360 Interview Reviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Oracle Recruiter. Called the first question, what is your current Base and Commission. Why do you feel you have what it take to join Oracle. Can you work from home. Are you willing to travel 50% of the time? What process do you use to close a deal?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

3 phone calls, very straightforward. You speak with the recruiter, then two managers on the phone. Some people have in person interviews. All of the interviews are essentially the same.

Interview Questions

• Go over your resume, why do you want a career in sales, why do you think you will excel in a sales role.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Reston, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiting pre-screen interview was fairly straight forward. First round phone interview was as expected and matched the description provided by the recruiter. In-person interview with VP was completely different. Position description did not match what I was being asked for at all. I left feeling very confused.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your recent development portfolio   1 Answer

Business Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (New York, NY).

Interview

Interestingly, the interview process is all managed and coordinated by the hiring manager and not thru HR. The process is long and requires multiple visits to Oracle offices. I had visit Oracle offices in multiple locations as well.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you bring to complete an assessment with limited information from the client?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Three different interviews, two over the phone and one in person.
    Depending of the department it might vary but if it is for technical support in the Micros POS department then it is really simple.
    First with the recruiter, usually background questions of previous jobs and personal information.
    Second interview, it is a bit more about your skills and usual help desk experience questions.
    Third interview, in person, same as the second just a bit more questions on the topics mentioned on the second interview.
    Then, the recruiter will get back at you with an offer, if everything went ok, FYI DO NOT believe everything the recruiters promise, such as raises and salary reviews if possible request that information as written.
    You can negotiate your salary, they will try to match your previous job or something less than that but you can negotiate it.
    The process might take a month depending on the background check.

Interview Questions

• To give an example of a difficult situation at my previous job and how a reacted to it   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process is unnecessarily exhausting. 5 separate individual interviewer; 6 hrs onsite interview; start of the interview process was disorganized in many ways. Repetitions in questions asked, as well as in scenario questions presented; people and environment felt very uptight; a number of folks appeared very official and unfriendly....

Interview Questions

• Tell me about when you openly disagreed with your manager and how that went   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Negative...Lacked sense of professionalism...Seemed they did not want to take interview nor were prepared for it...Had no prior information on my resume.....They were searching for my resume after process had begun.

Interview Questions

• Questions around Test Plans Test data creation and requirements   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Got contacted by a friend who told me Oracle was looking into hiring employees with Semantic Web background. Got a phone screen, after that, I got a panel interview using Cisco WebEx. After the process I got an offer.
    The panel reviewed all questions about Semantic Web, which were conceptual, but all coding problems required big-o explanations and the advantages and disadvantages against the naive approach.

Interview Questions

• Function to valid a perfect square.   1 Answer
    • Function to convert to convert integers to Roman numerals.
      XLIII -> 43   1 Answer
    • Bit Rotation function.   1 Answer
    • Find the shortest path from the entrance of a binary maze to the given location. Return the size of the shortest path or -1 if there is no path.   1 Answer
    • Implement Cipher and Decipher using Cesar Cipher.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in April 2017.

Interview

Great turn around time. A few behavior and questions about your resume. 3 or 4 interviews total including a phone screen. They want to make sure you are a right fit for the position and make sure you are comfortable having conversations.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I was informed that I would be getting a phone interview to start the process. The call came right on time and we spent 20 minutes on the phone.