Oracle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017
2,990 Interview Reviews

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Madison, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Spoke with an HR representative who found me via the university registrar. After having an enjoyable conversation and conducting my due diligence on the firm, I became excited about the opportunity and followed up to express my interest. I subsequently had my second and third round interviews with a relatively quick turnaround. All of the interviewers were immensely friendly and open about their experiences with the firm. In fact, the interviewers taught me some valuable lessons about general sales tactics and also Oracle products.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Three interviews, two on the phone and one in person. In the first two is about how you sound on the phone because the job is largely based on cold calling. They want to make sure that you will stay with the job for awhile and not just do it for a few months and leave. And the third interview is the final round to make sure you are the right fit.

Interview Questions

• What has drawn you to sales? What are other roles you are applying for? How do you deal with rejection?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Straight-forward, but somewhat long process. Three interviews, all over the phone (one was supposed to be in person but flight was cancelled). Basic questions running through your resume, why Oracle and basic job fit questions. I applied through a career fair and was set up for an interview that week. The next two interviews came around two/three weeks after, resulting in an offer.

Ergonomic Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

In addition to applying online, I sent my resume to a recruiter at Oracle who I knew from a previous application. She forwarded my resume along. I was contacted for a live interview with the hiring supervisor. I then had a live interview with the team and a key business contact. The interviews were a mix of questions, conversation and learning more about the team and the position.

Interview Questions

• What makes me want to get out of bed in the morning.   1 Answer

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very friendly interviewer. Smooth interview process. 2 rounds of interview.
    Questions from my resume. Moderate, reasonable technical interview. 1 Analytical question, 1 puzzle. Be genuine, honest in your answers. Algorithms, data structures, core java, HTML, CSS questions.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter in a month's time sans submitting my resuming at my University's career fair. Scheduled an interview within 20 days that followed. It was a 1 hr interview focused on Object-oriented design & principles, behavioral questions and problem solving. Got the result within 25 days from the interview day. Accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Discussed technical details of some of my projects and work-ex (described on my resume). Also discussed my strongest technical skills out of the ones I had included in my Resume.   Answer Question
    • Some behavioral questions related to performing projects in a team.   Answer Question
    • Definitions of the object-oriented principles (with examples) and explanations for differences between some of them.   Answer Question
    • Asked to code the "Fibonacci Series" program on a collaborative text editor using loop as well as recursion.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had submitted my resume in one of the Career fair. I was later contacted by the HR to submit resume and within a couple of weeks got response from different teams. I was then asked for dates to fly to the head quarters and had interviews with 5 different teams. Most of the interviews started with HR questions and then moved to programming questions. The programming questions were mostly based on dynamic programming and recursion. The interviews were scheduled over 2 days. The HR contacted me in 2 weeks with the offer. The entire process was well organised.

Interview Questions

• Find all the subsets from a given set of numbers that summed to a particular value including repetitions   Answer Question
    • Find the length of the maximal subtree for a given tree such that the child nodes were one greater than the parent node   Answer Question
    • How would sort an array of size 10 gb using a system with only 1 gb of memory   Answer Question
    • Find kth element from the end of a linked list   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

On campus career fair, then on site meetings with each team. The interviews were not technical, just talk about yourself and find out what work the team has to do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your project at your most recent internship.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I met with a few teams that were interested with me. Each team had 3 technical interviewers and then a non-technical meeting with the hiring manager to discuss team fit. The questions ranged from hardware block diagrams to computer architecture concepts to basic software algorithms.

Vice President, Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Washington, DC).

Interview

Was found by a recruiter who was excellent. The process was extremely long and detailed. I think I met with 12 people either in 1:1s or in panel presentations. That said, everyone was nice and professional and smart - and my interest grew with each meeting...but it did become tedious

Interview Questions

• Describe and demonstrate using real-life examples - the best and worst ways to build a team?   Answer Question