Oracle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017
3,002 Interview Reviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I met with a few teams that were interested with me. Each team had 3 technical interviewers and then a non-technical meeting with the hiring manager to discuss team fit. The questions ranged from hardware block diagrams to computer architecture concepts to basic software algorithms.

Vice President, Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Washington, DC).

Interview

Was found by a recruiter who was excellent. The process was extremely long and detailed. I think I met with 12 people either in 1:1s or in panel presentations. That said, everyone was nice and professional and smart - and my interest grew with each meeting...but it did become tedious

Interview Questions

• Describe and demonstrate using real-life examples - the best and worst ways to build a team?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Recruiter on college reached out to me. It was just a few interviews with the team. Didn't talk to hiring manager at all. Overall, it was pretty easy, even for an inexperience person

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was directly called onsite because of a referral. I had 3 interviews with 3 different teams, in 2 different campuses. Overall the questions weren't too hard but I could have prepared more. In the morning I had a meeting with HR. Typically I'm guessing you would have a phone interview but I bypassed this because I was referred.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Got a phone interview. Asked about my previous experience. Some functional questions related to PeopleSoft. Some stress and behavior tests. Pretty easy interview experience, met people from several teams. Very friendly teams.

Interview Questions

• Describe the various ways that you can create a voucher?
       How would you interface a 3rd party system with PeopleSoft?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in October 2016.

Interview

After meeting the recruiter at my University's career fair we set up a next-day interview on campus. This was a general screening to see if you're a good fit for the company, questions were pretty basic and very relaxed throughout. I heard back from the recruiter within a week letting me know that I moved on to a second interview; this one was over the phone with a regional manager in the sales department. Again, the interview was very casual and conversational. They want to make sure that you will fit the Oracle culture. After a week or so, I got a call from the recruiter who presented me with an offer which I gladly accepted. The process was pretty straight-forward from start to finish. The recruiter did an excellent job of staying in touch even though they were in the middle of visiting other campuses each week.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral, confidence in yourself is key for this role.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in October 2016.

Interview

Met with a recruiter for an informational session -- conversation lasted on hour long and she treated it as a preliminary screening. Had the next round over the phone with a manager in Boston; also very conversational. Waited for my final interview (third round) to be in-person on campus with a hiring manager. He was great and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What is some negative feedback that you have gotten from someone (anyone)?
      Why Oracle?
      What sets you apart from other prospective employees?
      Answer Question

Sales and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with a recruiter, then two interviews in the office (one-on-one with a manager), followed by another phone interview. The first manager was very friendly, while the second was a bit more standoffish. Not sure if they were playing good cop-bad cop or if it was just their personalities.

Interview Questions

• They asked about various positions on my resume and asked me to talk about my previous work experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Reached out to a recruiter through LinkedIn. She immediately got back and asked for my resume. From there she sent my a ton of information and called me the next day to discuss to program and career opportunity. My school wasn't part of the recruiting list so it took a lot to "woo" them at first but I lucked out and got a rock-star recruiter who made me feel like the top candidate during every call and email we exchanged. Experience through internships is the MAJOR key to getting noticed. Doing my homework was HUGE and it shows how much effort you put in. Applying for the Class Of program is like taking an extra course because that is how much effort you should put into the interview process. From there we had three interviews ( Recruiter>Regional>Regional). Easiest interviews, but if you wing it then you won't move on. PERIOD. My recruiter pulled really hard for me to get in and the Director approved. I was invited in for a networking night where they showed my the office and other people who were hired. This program is the best opportunity if you are looking for a career in sales.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Why Oracle? STAR questions. Small talk.   1 Answer

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call for an interview one month later. Three interviews (one with the HR managers, one with the hiring manager, one 10-minutes presentation of a project i have undertaken, followed by an 1 hour interview by 6 sales and pre-sales managers.)