Oracle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017
3,450 Interview Reviews

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Negative...Lacked sense of professionalism...Seemed they did not want to take interview nor were prepared for it...Had no prior information on my resume.....They were searching for my resume after process had begun.

Interview Questions

• Questions around Test Plans Test data creation and requirements   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Got contacted by a friend who told me Oracle was looking into hiring employees with Semantic Web background. Got a phone screen, after that, I got a panel interview using Cisco WebEx. After the process I got an offer.
    The panel reviewed all questions about Semantic Web, which were conceptual, but all coding problems required big-o explanations and the advantages and disadvantages against the naive approach.

Interview Questions

• Function to valid a perfect square.   1 Answer
    • Function to convert to convert integers to Roman numerals.
      XLIII -> 43   1 Answer
    • Bit Rotation function.   1 Answer
    • Find the shortest path from the entrance of a binary maze to the given location. Return the size of the shortest path or -1 if there is no path.   1 Answer
    • Implement Cipher and Decipher using Cesar Cipher.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in April 2017.

Interview

Great turn around time. A few behavior and questions about your resume. 3 or 4 interviews total including a phone screen. They want to make sure you are a right fit for the position and make sure you are comfortable having conversations.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I was informed that I would be getting a phone interview to start the process. The call came right on time and we spent 20 minutes on the phone.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I attended the campus Interview. Interviewees were shortlisted based on the scores in an online programming/puzzles/quantitative test. I had four rounds of technical interviews where I was asked basic programming questions, SQL, puzzles and a design question. It was followed by a final HR round.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX).

Interview

2 phone calls followed by an in person interview. Each phone call was separated by about a weeks time. The in person interview was a couple months later. They offered me the position about 3 days after my in person interview. Each phone interview was approximately 30 minutes long.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial phone screening with a recruiter followed by an in person meeting at their Chicago office. I met with 4 rounds of people and the interview lasted around 3 hours. I did not hear back from anyone I interviewed with.

Sales and Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter from my University's career fair. Had a very short phone screen, then an in person interview with two different managers. Great office environment, made you feel comfortable. It was not a group interview but there were 6 or 7 other people interviewing for the position with other managers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

The overall process took about a month with my interviews taking place over the course of 3 weeks and I received the actual job offer in the 4th week. I had a total of 4 phone interviews: 2 were with recruiters that served as pre-screen calls to vet me and see if I was a good fit for the company and role and the other 2 were with people closer to the role and had more role specific questions.

Product Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted directly by the hiring manager within one week of applying online.They set up the phone interview directly.My schedule was very relaxed and I co-operated with scheduling.Finished 3 rounds of interview (30 mins each)within 10 days.The hiring manager was very prompt with the follow-up and was a delight to work with.They scheduled an on site immediately and even send me the detailed instructions about how to get there.It was very smooth and professional until the recruiters stepped in.

I had my 3rd round which was a phone interview with VP.The recruiter here made a mess of my situation.She set up the on site interview with the same VP again.

Fast forward to day of onsite interview....3 hours before the interview (I was already on my way to the HQ),I get an email from recruiter saying that the interview was cancelled because they realized that I already spoke with the VP.I immediately followed up with my hiring manager and told him what happened.He said that there was a small mix up but I was in contention to meet the Senior VP.One week later I follow-up with the recruiter to schedule the on site interview ASAP.He tells me that the hiring manager is vetting other candidates and will schedule an onsite along with another candidate.A week later,I get a mail from recruiter that the hiring manager is reviewing between me and another candidate. I followed up with recruiter again and he tells me that the hiring manager decided to go forward with the other candidate.I get the usual “thank-you-for-your-time-and-goodluck-with-the-job-search” mail.I am shattered with this experience.

The recruiters are very unprofessional and don't even know small basic things like double checking with the concerned interviewers before scheduling the interview.I understand that recruiters are very busy but I cannot respect them If they can't even do their basics right.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on the background and resume.   1 Answer