Oracle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017
3,216 Interview Reviews

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I applied through my college career fair, it was a typical interview. Asking questions like, what do you know about the company, about the position, why sales, what drives you?

Solutions Consultant Interview

Interview

Process consisted of a review with the recruiter, manager meeting, in person presentation and meeting with 2 other managers. The overall process took about 6 weeks from the initial contact to offer.

Software Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was 35 minutes late and didn’t have my resume with him. His only recollection about my background was that I used to be a VP at my last few jobs. Based on that recollection he started our 17 minutes long conversation with an advise to look for a job someplace else since the position I applied for has only six direct reports. Remaining 15 minutes were spent between an extensive set of questions about inner working of Kafka (interviewer spent an extra minute or two to make sure I understand Kafka has no subscribers, only consumers) and an unexpected (I was on my phone) on-screen coding problem he had a bit of a trouble formulating. Approximately 17 minutes after interview started, hiring manager abruptly interrupted the conversation and said he has to run for another urgent meeting (5:35pm on Friday). I guess he wasn’t much pleased with the conversation either.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to work for Oracle especially since I managed much larger teams before   Answer Question
    • Describe an architecture of a project you are proud of building   Answer Question
    • How to scale Kafka-based infrastructure   Answer Question
    • Merge two pre-sorted integer arrays in the most efficient fashion   Answer Question
    • Are you sure Oracle is the best fit for your background? Have you considered other options out there?   Answer Question
    • Compensation   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

It started with a handful of phone interviews with the recruiter, and then the hiring manager. Both teams did intensive reviews of my background and experience. Because of the phone interviews, the in office interviews were somewhat easy -- mostly conversational and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The interviews looked into my knowledge of Oracle's business and key software offerings.   2 Answers

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Dallas, TX).

Interview

multiple levels of interaction from a technical, industry, product and related environmental perspective; it was a very interesting experience and very thorough from beginning to end of the process; this is the last line of the process

Interview Questions

• industry knowledge; product knowledge; oracle knowledge   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First one behavior round with a personality form. Second a technology round to walk through resume and ask follow up questions related to your project. Third a technology round follow-up to ask very detailed question in OOP. Overall experience very smooth and interviewer is nice and polite.

Interview Questions

• tell me more about multi thread. tell me about dev modes in java. tell me about safety issue of java. tell me more about your biggest difficulties during your development...basically java tech question in very detail   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through University and within a few days, I got an email requesting a phone interview. A week later we had the interview. It was very very straightforward and asks more about your ideas/attitudes than experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales?
      What do you know about Oracle?
      What's your latest achievement?
      Tell me once you experience Failure?
      Have you had any cold calling experience?
      What motivates you?
      Answer Question

Sales and Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied at my school's career fair and was reached out to by a recruiter in mid-January. The entire process took 3 weeks, and consisted of 3 interviews (two phone, one on site). The first interview was with Katie, a recruiter, and was a general screening to test interest in the position, review relevant past sales experiences, and overall see if I was a match with the company culture. I got the offer for a second round interview immediately. The second round was with a regional manager and was more in depth about sales and covered extensively the exact roles and responsibilities of a BDR at Oracle. I also got an offer to move to the next round immediately, and went on site to the Santa Monica office for my final interview. That one was a bit harder, and the regional manager interviewing me was really trying to see if I had what it took to be in Sales and asked me more technical/situational questions.

The overall interview process was relaxed and not too hard. They take extra lengths to make you feel comfortable, and they clearly want to help you succeed. It is important to do your research beforehand, and if you have any relevant sales experience to really emphasize that!

Interview Questions

• Why Oracle?
      Why Sales?
      Describe to me what you think this position is/what a BDR does?
      What other companies are you interviewing with?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
      Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Luis Obispo, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely conversational and the interviewers were openly transparent about the position at hand. Overall, I really enjoyed this process and it was refreshing to rely on my own interpersonal skills rather than solely running through my resume.

Sales and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and listed my email at the booth. I received an email asking me to apply to the program if I was still interested. A day after I emailed her my resume, she asked to schedule a 30 min phone interview. This first interview you must be able to show that you did research on the position and explain why you're interested in sales. I think she also just wants to gauge if you are comfortable speaking on the phone. She moved me on a next round interview at the end of the phone call. My 30 min second round phone interview (about a week later) was with a sales manager and current employee at the Santa Monica office. They really grilled me on why I want to go into sales in this one. She referred me to the final round interview at the end of that call. I then scheduled my final interview at HQ in Redwood Shores. There I interviewed with the Class of Program manager and then waked around HQ with two of the employees there. That was more conversational and looking for fit but she still asked me interview-like questions. Overall, really positive experience. They move you really quickly through the recruitment pipeline and it's a pretty easy interviewing process.

FYI, they really like when you "close" the interview. So at the end of each conversation, ask for feedback.