Oracle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018
3,653 Interview Reviews

ASR Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

It was mostly phone interviews. Started with one in person interview, then was offered a position after 2 more phone interviews. Very casual. Fairly easy. The recruiters do a great job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Oracle?   2 Answers

Applications Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Several series of interviews, including 2 over-the-phone interviews, 1 off-site in-person interview, and 2 on-site in-person presentation interviews. They said this was not a typical interview process, and that I had to go through extra interviews. They said the typical process is a phone interview with the recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person presentation with the hiring manager and team. I spent a total of 2 months and 3 vacation days interviewing.

I like their management team, their direction, and I like their benefits, but I wish they had offered a livable salary for the San Francisco Bay Area.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      How would you be a good fit for Oracle?
      What do you do day-to-day?
      How did I find accounts?
      How would you sift through and quickly get set up with thousands of accounts?
      There are 3 different teams - finance, CX, and ERP; which team do you see yourself on?
      They also asked me a series of questions about my product during the presentation.   Answer Question

No salary was negotiated until the end. They asked for and I gave my salary for the last 5 years. They came back with 40-50% less than what GlassDoor had set my expectations to be, and it was also 25% less than what I was currently making. I requested more for cost of living . HR stuck firm with their lowball offer. declined the job offer due to the salary being significantly lower than the cost-of-living for the area.

To the hiring manager's credit, he tried to get a higher salary. I appreciate him trying - it shows that the management is very good and fights for their team, but HR is inflexible.

Interview

Quick and efficient. Standard process: phone interview with a recruiter, then on site with five different interviewers. The interview was hard but the interviewer were personable and open. All were very candid answering my answers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

2 separate 30 minute interviews with 2 different business development managers.

They just run through your resume and past experiences. they are really looking for competitive applicants who wont get pushed around in a LARGE corporate atmosphere.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Oakland, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

This was for the BMC group, which is much different than the rest of Oracle.

I had a phone screen with an HR person, then a phone interview with the director. Then I came in for a full day of interviews.

The interview was very informal, more like 5, 1 hour conversations, than an interview. The difficult part is that there was no job description, which made it hard to prepare.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

The process began with a phone screen with the hiring manager which lasted about an hour. I was asked questions about my previous experience, what I liked/disliked about my past jobs, how I handled criticism, etc. Then I was asked to meet with the tech lead onsite in Burlington, MA (which is where the job was actually located). I was asked about a lot of the same sort of questions as the phone screen, but with more of an emphasis on how I work with devs and SMEs, my understanding of APIs, etc. Finally, I was flown out to Seattle to meet with the rest of the TW team. Here I got a more questions on tools, grammar, and how I feel about peer reviews of my work. Oracle reimbursed me for the trip in a timely fashion, and the whole experience was positive. However, this is probably the longest interview process I've ever had. From beginning (resume submitted) to end (offer) was about four months, and I'm told they were trying to rush it! Reviews on Glassdoor allowed me to expect and plan for this, though- apparently Oracle is notorious for a slow hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an instance where a document did not build/generate correctly?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you made the wrong decision, and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you helped improve the API for your last job/product.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

phone interview for technical questions, which was provided a online editor, the question is about LRU, least recent used cache, which is quite frequent asked across the tech companies. The interviewer is very polite, communication is really good, there were a few minutes left, he talked about the project a little bit.

Value Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Good mix of interviewing with HR, peers and senior leaders. Provides you with an opportunity to know if the company is a good fit for you. Not a real formal process. Good onboarding process once hired.

Interview Questions

• I honestly can't think of anything that was asked of me that was that difficult. More of a conversation. This will obviously change depending on the role and who you are interviewing with   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

it was great, interviewer good, phone interview, took job recently after offer, head quarters in redwood shores, california, long commute to work, enjoyable i like it here. might stay forever, might stay not forever, it all remains to be seen, who knows what i will be doing in the future

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Interaction with teams and Director. More of an informal problem solving and exploratory format than a grilling technical interview. First, meet members from multiple candidate teams to see what might fit you/them. Then there is usually a more drawn out slightly more technical interview with some 2 or 3 members. Lastly, interaction with management to finish.