Oracle Interview Questions in Ireland | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

3.2

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Interview process was very long and drawn out. The recruiter was generally pleasant to deal with but the entire experience lacked transparency from the get go. Wasted so much time and energy on five separate interviews only to be told at the last hurdle they were looking for other candidates. Very poorly handled - emails gone unanswered, calls and voicemails ignored. I eventually pulled out of the race, after a 4+ month process - if that is how they treat prospective employees, I think I dodged a bullet!

Interview Questions

• What three words would your best friend use to describe you?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Interview

Was contacted on Linkedin by an employee saying id be a great candidate for this role and that my experience would stand to me. I sent my CV and said I'd be contacted in a few days.
    Never heard anything a week later and contacted the employee to ask what the situation was and was given a name of a recruiter to contact. I thought this was extremely unprofessional as this employee was using me for a referral bonus but showed no urgency to help me out with this situation.
    In the end I never heard anything back - wasted my time, very disappointed.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called and reviewed on my CV and why I wanted to work for Oracle. I was then asked why I think I would be good at such a company. After this I was brought in for an assessment center. I was in this with ten other people. We each had to do a presentation, why me, why Oracle. Then we were interviewed

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was 3 on the phone - an initial one with a recruiter, which was quite simple. The second was with the first line manager for that role, which consisted of going through the CV and questions about what is motivating you to move and why you would consider Oracle. If on the hardware team some questions about products and solutions and what you understand may be asked. Third Interview was live in the office and consisted of a role play, a presentation covering Why me? Why Oracle and various other questions about your suitability for the role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiating salary was very tricky, they didn't budge and the basic is OK, not great, but with a promise of good potential earnings on commission.

Interview

Basically 4 interview processes. The first interview consisted of a 10 min conversation with your recruiter. The second interview was an hour interview with a hiring manager. The third interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and was with two other hiring manager. And finally the last and fourth interview was with the regional manager for the business development consultant team.

Interview Questions

• Why oracle?

Why do you want to work in IT

Name two aspects which fascinates you about the IT world.

Future trends of the IT industry.

Why sales?

Provide three points for why you would be good in sales.

A couple of scenario questions.

How do you prioritise when facing two deadlines.

Provide an example from your past experiences either work or study when you were told NO

Etc...
      Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Quite standard. Why Oracle? Wy Dublin? What do you knw about the role? previous results in other companies. Managing, coaching and motivating reps. Managing several stakeholders, self service mentality. Networking.How do you manage change?

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2016.

Interview

My interview process in Oracle was extremely bad and unprofessional. Two recruiters were supposed to follow my application, well neither of me really did it... they did not follow up, did not update me, and what's more concerning they did not even bother replying to my emails asking for updates...
    My referral had to intervene to ask for some info and only after that they decided it was time to let me know that the role has been put on hold for more than a month and that they do not know if it's going to be open soon...
    I think the whole process lacked professionality! The HR and the staffing team are the first point of contact of any company and the Oracle one is not giving a first good impression!
    I am never going to apply for any role here!

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very professional, the decision was made at the given time frame, very constructive feedback after. The hiring manager was well prepared, gave me the time to answer my questions, was listening and making notes the whole time. It was made on time, nobody was late, questions were very difficult, well prepared for the job profile.

Presales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

The whole interview process was really badly organised. I would expect more from big company such as Oracle. E.g.:
    - I needed to organise and pay my flights to Dublin (after 2 months still haven't received the compensation)
    - 2 manager interviewed me: they both came and go during the interview, another one didnt have glasses with him, they havent read my cv, they asked same questions because they didnt know what other one has asked 5 minutes earlier.
    -> I didnt get a job and reason was that apparently they havent received answers they were looking for.
    - During the process I needed to be in contact with Netherlands, Romania and Ireland offices. Very complicated and one hand does not know what other one has done. Some persons were really friendly and most helpful but it is only as much they can do in such a complicated system.

Interview Questions

• General questions about myself, my career, presales, what I know about Oracle, about position   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

Working at Oracle takes a lot of flexibility and adjusting on your part. They will move you around the organisation as they please with no regard to your educational background or previous experience. You can expect to be moved from one team or product category to another with no explanation or warning.

Furthermore, Oracle oftentimes suffers from hiring freezes so patience is advised.
    I sent my papers to Oracle in Q4 2015, and I did not hear from them until March 2016. I was then invited to an assessment day in April and I was offered the job almost immediately after. However, my contract and start date was not revealed before 2 months after I was initially offered the position.

But, if you can come to terms with the constant changes, delays and non-existing transparency, Oracle is a good place to work in terms of benefits and salary.

Interview Questions

• Why should Oracle hire you? Why do you want to work at Oracle? A success story from your previous job.   1 Answer