Oracle Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

1) Submitted my resume at a college career fair at the end of September. 2) Was contacted by a recruiter at the end of October, who requested to schedule an onsite interview in December at Oracle HQ. Oracle tends to interview candidates on Thursday, flew out on Wednesday night. 2) During the interview day, met with two project groups that were interested in my resume. Originally there were five project groups, but they likely filled their spots before I had arrived onsite. Met directly with the hiring managers for about an hour each, interview questions will vary greatly between project groups. 3) Heard back from the recruiter 3-4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about BFS, DFS, hash tables, and JSON files   Answer Question
  • Discuss synchronization and deadlock, processes versus threads, conceptual questions about locks in database read / write operations, maximum number of locks needed in a system   Answer Question
  • Given a segment of C++ code, find the bug and how would you fix it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Did not have a interview process (Intern prior to hire). I talked to my internship manager about a possible position at the company and he referred me to the Vice President and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• They not ask me anything. I was hired because my performance at my internship qualified me for the full time position at the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my starting price.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Basic Operating Systems questions. None of them very difficult questions. No typical CS-101 stytle questions for the experienced people. No trick questions either. What is needed for their work were only asked

Interview Questions

• OS concurrency questions, language specific (mine was C), linux platform based, basic database questions   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

Was contacted by the campus recruiter for Oracle by email and asked to send in an updated resume. I think they must have gotten my resume through the career fair..

Sent in my resume, and I was called for an on site interview directly. There was no phone interview which was surprising to me. The interview process was quite straight forward and it lasted one day. Started early morning (around 8:30 or 9) and left the Oracle office by 7 PM...

I think I interviewed with around 6 teams, all in database group based on my resume. After the interview, I was contacted in 10 days with an offer, and I could chose any team I want...

The interview was not difficult. And alot of the interview was focused on my past projects, so Operating Systems and Networking, File Systems etc. There were some minor coding questions but they didnt stress too much on Algos/data structures.

Some questions (concurrency based) were quite intricate and required a very deep understanding of the process stack and parameter passing and what not... But what I really found was that the questions were very much based on what these guys use everyday, rather than any gotcha questions to stifle the candidate. All the interviewers were great, very polite and I felt very comfortable throughout the process....

Interview Questions

• I was given a code snippet, which involved multi threading and was asked to find a race condition. The race condition was very subtle and was not explicit in the code.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiaiton, since it was a college hire and it was my first job.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Applied online and also pushed my resume through an employee. Five rounds of telephone interviews - 4 technical / skill interviews, 1 interview with the HR. First round, I was asked to prepare and send a document explaining in detail all major programming projects done in previous employment / education course work. Second round was on multi-threading programming. Third round on memory management. Fourth technical round on database management and performance. Each round lasted about 45-mins to an hour.

Interview Questions

• Questions on web technologies, memory management and multi-thread programming.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Resume got passed the HR and on campus interview for a full day with 5 teams. Then HR will help teams and you match each other. Normally everyone will get an offer after on site.

Interview Questions

• Some of the teams focused more on algorithm, some of them focused more on the past projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

sent in resume received phone call waited a month

Interview Questions

• can you work without resources   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview was comparatively easy here. The process was fast. Best thing was they let me decide the teams based on my preference. They made offer quickly and was decently competetivr

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

On-site interview with 8 teams spread across 2 days. Interviews are greatly team dependent. Oracle does awesome work. So if you get into a good tea, it is a not to miss opportunity.

Negotiation

Not much

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in June 2012.

Interview

Great very structured, well executed interview process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

straight forward