Oracle Interview Questions in Pleasanton, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 29, 2016

2.9

Ergonomic Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

In addition to applying online, I sent my resume to a recruiter at Oracle who I knew from a previous application. She forwarded my resume along. I was contacted for a live interview with the hiring supervisor. I then had a live interview with the team and a key business contact. The interviews were a mix of questions, conversation and learning more about the team and the position.

Interview Questions

• What makes me want to get out of bed in the morning.   1 Answer

Senior Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted and assessed by a recruiter. We discussed the job description, my qualifications and interest. I was then scheduled for first round phone interviews.

The interviewer asked no product management questions only technical questions. He was aggressive in tone and sounded angry saying "if I sound angry, this is my way". I come from engineering and services and passed. I asked if the job managed engineers due to the technical aspect of the interview. His said "No, I just need to assess as the engineers won't respect you if you're not technical enough". He further explained that the PM's focus is on design of the features and what the software will do and engineers take care of how its done. There were no questions about PDLC, MVP, or product management. He then asked questions to get age, ethnicity and education details, even though my school was on the resume. I managed to gracefully move on without giving personal data and redirect to the job description. As a seasoned executive with direct reports, it is important to stay away from questions that may seem discriminatory and keep my voice tone professional. I obviously passed as I was asked to meet in person and schedule the executive phone interview. The in person interview was the same questions as phone interview and I progressed to the executive phone interview.

About 1-2 weeks later, I had a phone interview with an executive and again, no questions about product management. I worked at a competitor and I was asked questions about how the software design handled integration with monitoring, cloud technologies, databases, app server and analytics technologies. I answered with info on design approaches, types of integration technologies that can be used like RESTful, network and messaging technologies, etc. It was as if he was trying to find details about the product architecture, design specs, roadmap, etc., and uncover something I didn't have an answer for. I talked about monitoring technology from HP, CA, IBM and Open Source. I talked about the plug-ins, SNMP support, and APIs and how New Relic and Splunk supports that technology for integration with applications. I addressed questions about real-time and near realtime design for integration, database updates and analytics. I then asked the interviewer questions about how this line of questioning on monitoring, data layer and analytics plays into the product management role. I thought he was going to say something about design, MVP, prototypes, experimentation as this level of detail would be necessary if this PM group participated or led those activities His answer was surprising; he said it does not as engineering really focus on technologies to build the software. The engineers would be more interested. He said that he just wanted to know. He mentioned that Oracle uses their own technologies and enables enterprise manager for monitoring, service management, etc. At this time it was becoming apparent he was trying to find out about the competition and I scaled back and talked about realtime analytics from a product design standpoint and not the underlying technology and development approaches.

I thanked him and asked about next steps. His response was another good one. He said Oracle wants at least one woman and he had to check the box. He said he had others to interview and that I should check back with the recruiter. Eventually, I was told they wanted to go another route and the reason was I did not know enough about monitoring tools. My ability to talk about developing features to integrate with 5 Gartner leading technologies and propose design and development options was not enough. To add insult to injury, all the interviewers admitted this level of detail was not relevant to the role. It was a waste of time!!!

I Applied for A Product Design Engineering Position At Inneos Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process began with an online application. Approximately two weeks later, I had a phone screen with the CEO. About a month later, I had my first onsite interview with a group of leads/managers and a 1:1 interview with the CEO. I also had a second onsite interview about three weeks after the first onsite interview. The second onsite interview was the same as the first. I was one of the two final candidates for the job, but unfortunately, I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Signal integrity questions about transmission line termination techniques.   Answer Question
    • State Machines in Verilog and the different advantages/disadvantages various coding schemes like Gray Code or One-Hot.   1 Answer
    • Questions on the use of a vector network analyzer.   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

It began with a phone interview with them feeling me out and me doing the same. Then a 1 on 1 Interview with another consultant a few day later giving me more detail about the position, Last a Panel interview with the Management staff grilling me with questions.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I have first initial phone interview with the senior recruit manager at Oracle. It went for about an hour and most of the questions were about my previous internship at Sun Microsystems. I have worked as a business analyst intern at Sun and the position I have applied was similar to it, so the questions were all related to my internship experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience of learning or using programming langauges?   1 Answer

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

2 rounds of technical interview followed by last round with manager

Interview Questions

• Related to Application Egnine   1 Answer

Senior Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

Everything went smooth and in timely fashion

Negotiation

Oracle is hard nut to crack when negotiating your Salary. Advice is to not give in and stand your ground; if they want you then they might take sometime but will agree to the desired compensation.