Oracle Principal Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Principal Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

3.4

Principal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

It takes 3 rounds of interview , in which two of them are technical and 1 managerial interview. Technical interviews are very specific to the technologies you have worked on and project and implementation. Most general questions are about your role and challenges.

Interview Questions

• Q: Most Challenging situation in any of your project and how did you manage.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

On a Sunday, the hiring director was asking preliminary questions while driving. It was a generic pre-screen question to determine how well you understood cloud and what experience you had with customers.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with oracle products, hardware and middleware   1 Answer

Principal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Referral is the most important thing to get into the company
    It is not a very hard interview process but you need to impress the hiring manager
    You need to make sure to answer the questions related to your character correctly

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Lengthy interview process with multiple technical calls. The approval process was long. I did not think I was going to get a call back. I am glad I did not give up, I am very satisfied with my new job. The interviewers were SMEs on the Oracle products giving appropriate feedback on the accuracy of my responses.

Interview Questions

• Describe the usage of Oracle's table partitioning and how it is used to improve performance on queries.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

4 phone interview and 2 face to face. 4 interview were technical and one situational and one managerial round. overall it was pleasant experience . they look for logical person with lots of aptitude knowledge

Interview Questions

• all questions were about what I had done in past .situational question were like most difficult task I took and completed   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Process is to pass through a series of 3-4 interviews with each one specializing on a specific skilled subject matter.

Interview Questions

• Looks for indepth knowledge on the Oracle Database. Specifics of how it would operate in specific senarios, i.e. slow report generation, specific tuning approaches and database design principles and how to implement them using the Oracle database, i.e. Star Schemas and transformations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a respectable % increase to what I was making. They stress the bonus dollars in the negociations, but they are not required to have a 100% payout of the bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Reston, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone screening and talking to 3 different people of different levels, one of them will be very technical and only ask technical questions. They will ask your experience on the field and that you provide a good description of your consulting background. They also ask technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my skills in database, asked to provide a solution to a problem they have described.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is set, no negotiation, it is what it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

It began with a phone interview with them feeling me out and me doing the same. Then a 1 on 1 Interview with another consultant a few day later giving me more detail about the position, Last a Panel interview with the Management staff grilling me with questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I had not gone through too much of interview process.It was just one interview through I got selected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should hire you and what difference you can make to the organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They started with a low salary and i rejected and they came back after 15 days and offered me the salary i asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Charlotte, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was extremely long and several people will interview you. Expect to be very repetitive because they will all ask the same questions. Technical questions were in line with the work requirements but the process should be consolidated to one senior person and not have the entire senior staff to interview you.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were in line with the work being applied. Have not found any unexpected questions or difficult ones as I was applying for a job that I already knew the technical aspects of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. They offer you the X amount and that is about it. Either take it or leave it.