Oracle Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Oracle

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter and set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager loved to hear himself talk so that made it quite easy. Invited for a face-to-face interview but that particular group's interview process was a little different. They prefer to have the candidate give a presentation on their topic of choice. Confirmed the topic was okay with the hiring manager. When I came into present, interviewed with 4 other people and was NOT given an opportunity to present my slides or materials, only to whiteboard. As they said, they preferred if I discussed from memory. Alrighty then!

I felt like I did well enough to advance, however, was not given an opportunity to go to the next round, which was unfortunate but perhaps they already had a finalist in mind.

Interview Questions

• If the SVP was in front of you, what would you say to her?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

After I talked to the hiring manager over the phone - general discussion around the kind of work I had done - Went for the 1:1 interview and met the two senior directors and 3 software engineers. Almost all of them has design questions ranging from designing an elevator system to a Casino machine. There were some nice Java questions related to datastructures and their usage. Overall I came out very happy from the interview room.

Interview Questions

• Design an elevator system and suggest what patterns would be used and why?   1 Answer

I got a better offer from my current employer.
    One strange thing about Oracle is it takes almost forever to get offer approval after accepting it. Though, this is what I heard from the recruiter that they'll take about 2 weeks to few months to get an approval after I have verbally accepted their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview process moved very fast as they had urgent openings, was for one of the teams in Enterprise Manager group.

Since I was locally based, the first round was a 1:1 technical interview with Manager on-site. After clearing that, was called for an onsite interview which went on for 5-hours with about 7 interviewers(30-45 min) including VP of the group. Did not ask to do much coding during the interviews, was mostly design oriented and technical problem solving.

Whiteboard usage was required, so prospective candidates, should practice standard class diagram representations and in-depth knowledge of architectures.

Interviewers seemed nice and friendly, although work culture looked very formal and not so much fun, but its only a perception. Office is in a very good location and they seem to have great facilities.

Interview Questions

Package offered was lower than others

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Got interviewed by two junk guys from Identity Management team in Oracle Cloud. First of all, they do not have clarity on what they want and they haven't asked any sensible questions to evaluate the candidate.

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zapopan (Mexico)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Zapopan (Mexico)) in November 2015.

Interview

Technical questions followed by programming questions, followed by another 2 interviews with local developers. After that 2 or 3 interviews with US developers and/or directors.
    The process us usually long and once you get an offer you have to wait for the board to approve the proposal, it takes around a month when they're in a hurry but I've heard it can take even several months

Interview Questions

• Program a palindrome validation code   1 Answer

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in May 2009.

Interview

Single interview. They did not check references

Interview Questions

• During the interview process, no difficult questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They would not negotiate.

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Nice experience but they are too focused on outdated or irrelevant concepts. It is good that the questions should be from multiple streams but better if you stick to the questions related to the job opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Operating System and Compiler Conecpts.   1 Answer

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2019.

Interview

3 face to face discussions on a weekday.

First round was taken by senior developer who has mugged up some Java questions and their answers and was expecting exact those answers word by word, was getting a feeling as giving college exam viva.
    Second was ds/algo with average difficulty
    Third was conducted by hiring manager who was very much concerned about my current ctc

If you are working in ecommerce company they will not be able to match your salary as Oracle India salary is too low when compared with ecommerce companies salaries.

I got a feeling while talking to their hiring manager even if they manage to give my expected salary they might not be able to digest it later, so no point going forward

Ended up wasting a day

Interview Questions

• First round:
      Difference between in and exists in sql
      union vs union all
      list down features of Java8, Java7
      Types of Garbage collectors
      List 5 JVM memory areas
      CountdownLatch vs Cyclicbarrier
      HashMap vs LinkedHashMap
      Factory vs abstract factory design pattern
      Remove loop from linked list

Second round:
      Given 2 sorted arrays merge it into the first array which can accommodate both array elements
      Find max palendrome substring in given string
      Find any pair in sorted array which sums to given given number
      Problem of maven dependency resolution using topological sort.

Third round:
      Design bookmyshow db schema, list all microservices identified, write a query to get threatres for given movie, city and date.
      What is data partitioning
      Microservice architecture, spring boot - just overview
      Design chess game   Answer Question

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

There will be multiple Technical rounds. There could be possibly one round from senior management from US. One more managerial round and last HR round .. one pure java round , design and project round .

Interview Questions

• Java , rest api , javascript   1 Answer

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle in June 2017.

Interview

Interview happens in 4 steps starting with telephonic round which is a 45 min to 1 hr process followed by written consisting of technical aptitude and general aptitude and 2 sets of face to face interviews which consist of programming and real project problems.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual as such the complete interview was very sensical.   Answer Question