Oracle Principal Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Albany, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Great interviews with the hiring team, position had been open for 5 months and things were fast-tracked to get a resource on-site and contributing. However, after negotiating and receiving an offer from the hiring manager, the Recruiter wanted me to provide my salary in my current position before sending out an Offer letter. I declined and replied my current position has different responsibilities and the work is not related (current job is post-sales, new position is pre-sales). The Recruiter insisted and added how would it look if Oracle hired someone making $80K and this had to go through 5 levels of review? I gave the recruiter a range on my current salary and told her I needed to prepare for my call at 2:30. Later I received an email from the same Recruiter that Oracle declined to give me an Offer.

Interview Questions

• What were the five qualities you want to see in a manager?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

I ended up having to travel at the last minute. They asked me to book my travel in their travel system to leave the that same day. The next day I met with the hiring manager, his manager, and a couple of individuals that are part of pre-sales. The interviews went fine. I felt that the people I met were very good at what they do, which was what I expected.

However, I had big problems with this trip, and still do. It has now been 3 months since the trip and I still have not been reimbursed. I have had interviews at Oracle before and there was an HR person involved with it. In this case there wasn't, and you might think that is a good thing. One less person to deal with in the process. Now I feel like a collection agency trying to get my money. There are people on that side saying sorry about this, we're working on it, but usually after several emails and phone calls. I guess they are really busy and it's not their money so how important is it?

So bottom line is, I think Oracle may be too big of a bureaucracy for me. This whole thing has shown me that maybe I dodged a bullet and it is a good thing that I wasn't the right fit for that position. I would recommend that if you're traveling for an interview with them, go ahead and book the trip in their travel system, but don't pay for it. Ask them to log in and pay using their credit card.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have any difficult questions. The interviews were very non-technical.   Answer Question

Principal Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle in May 2012.

Interview

First screened by a recruiter and had a remote phone interview. Then followed by onsite interview. The remote phone interview was mostly around technical questions and some business questions and from past jobs and also some scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between SQL and NoSQL databases and when will by use them. Give some examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Brief. Never met with hiring manager. Went for final interview at Oracle headquarters and Manager was not present. Other phone interviews were very brief and focused on my skill set and past experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Burlington, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

Very thorough but respectful. Had to develop and deliver a presentation on an Oracle solution

Negotiation

They had their parameters that would not change. Only negotiating room was on vacation time. Base salary never changes in the sales consulting organization, so go for the most you can possibly get when you are hired.

Principal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Whilst looking for a job I asked a friend and ex-college of mine to upload my CV to Oracle's recruitment website. Searching through the open jobs is difficult as there are thousands of open positions.
    Thankfully an Oracle Corporate Recruiter found me to be a good match for a role and contacted me.
    He contacted me on the Monday, on the Tuesday I had an interview call with the manager, on the Thursday follow-up interviews with a member of the team and one with a Sales Director.
    Then the following week I had a face to face on the Tuesday with the manager and an offer that evening.
    The Recruiter was engaged with me throughout the processes.
    I've just finished my first week :)

Interview Questions

• What stages of a sales opportunity are you used to being engaged in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was happy to accept the offer which was I felt a fair offer.

Principal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Moscow (Russia)).

Interview

Invited by a friend
    got two interviews with Sales Consulting Director, was asked about professional background, soft skills, language and desired compensation
    after a while received an offer

Principal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in March 2013.

Interview

It was 3 interview until get a job, the whole process took about 3 months
    we work in a collaborative environment, however I discourage that kind of environment. I think it is improdutive

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is nothing to negotiate after a offer letter, you must to negotiate before they start the process to send an offer

Principal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Vienna (Austria)) in January 2013.

Interview

3 Stage process - I got referred to:
    - Call with HR
    - Interview with hiring manager
    - Interview with senior manager

After the interview with the hiring manager where we discussed technical skills and product portfolio, I managed to review and even to improve the offered compensation with HR. Worth a try. Emphasize business focus, consider suggestions for business improvements.

Interview Questions

• - What do you think about the Oracle systems strategy?
      - How would you grow Oracle's business?   Answer Question

Principal Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty straightforward - held several phone interviews and in-person interviews. No difficult questions. Had to go through the standard questionnaires and drug tests. Overall it was fairly easy and quick. From start to finish it only took one month. Interviewed with hiring manager and several other consultants.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy - they met my initial request.