Oracle Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2016

3.4

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Very long and disorganized. Coming from another city and no travel arrangements were made for me; once on site, some of the people I was going to interview with were in other meetings, etc

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got an offer for onsite interviews within 2 weeks. The list of groups who were interested to interview me was given to me a week before my scheduled interview date. The onsite interview was with managers or team members within the group. The interviews for product manager positions were either behavioural or product based. The product based questions tested my knowledge on their current product, right from the product architecture to how it actually benefits the clients. The behavioural questions were the common ones that one can usually find on Glassdoor and other websites.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in September 2013.

Interview

I originally came onboard at Oracle as part of an acquisition. After a year in the role I had previously occupied, I interview with 5 people for my current role in the company. The interviews were conducted over the phone and I personally enjoyed talking and learning from the people who were interviewing me. All the persons were positive and spoke highly of their work and the future outlook for the broader team.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized and what are some challenges you've had to overcome in your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation process was very limited due to it being an internal transfer. Oracle states their policy is to not be able to provide raises/promotions (although my title change was a promotion) for internal transfers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

10 in person interviews, 2power point presentations and 1technical white paper

Interview Questions

• Can you put together a ppt on the product I would be working on and present to them, to show what I learned in 2 weeks? 20 mins min.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by every member of the team. The on site interview lasted a whole day and I had six one on one interviews. Questions varied from product design, strategy, and project management to problem solving, puzzles, and systems design.

Interview Questions

• How due you calculate the sum of integers in a randomly chosen rectangle within a finite grid of numbers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

There are several people you need to interview with - manager, peers, and members from other departments. The questions are pretty much the same, but you have to answer the questions in a way that is relevant to the person's role who is interviewing you.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

5 interviews with 3 F2F interviews. Detailed and technical. There were practical designing case studies. Took a long time for the whole process to run its course.

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Oracle in February 2009.

Interview

Talked on the phone with a senior technical recruiter a few times for a Product mangement position. He said he has the perfect position for me but have to wait for the merger. He dragged the process for months and finally after 6 months of emails and phone tags I gave up.

Interview Questions

• A bunch of technical and design related questions   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle in December 2008.

Interview

Hiring decision is based on a lot of background factors. Your education, experience and past achievements play a big role. If you are straight out of school, then CGPA is a big factor.

The interview process was pretty simple. Most interviewers explained the role, their team's function and in general about the company's work culture. I felt relaxed and un-intimidated, unlike most other firms I interviewed with.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Edison, NJ) in January 2008.

Interview

Interviewed by Senior Managers and most of the questions were background related.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company offered me a 15% increase in Salary which was more than generous considering the market conditions.