Oracle QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle QA Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

2 rounds of ph. internview. In person interview with the team. Considering Oracle is great company to work for I accepted the offer. Interview procress was intense. I was asked many questions on resume and testing, automation as well as quizes. SQL knowledge is important.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate much as this was by recruiter.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

got hired via the take over from hexaware
    round 1 : apptitude test
    round 2 : groud discussion
    round 3: HR interview and technical

Interview Questions

• Asked some questions from the text books from 6th or 7 th semester
      i answered ok ok
      later on understood that answer was not right .. but still got the offer so i was happy
      Answer Question

QA Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was called by Oracle recruiter for VP of QA Engineering. After brief phone screen with recruiter I was invited in for three, 30-45 minute interviews, all with other VP's, who all reported to the hiring manager. The job was very similar to what I was already doing and the problems were all issues I had solved before at several other large tech companies so I was confident I could help them. The technology area was very interesting and my incentive was working with that area and the level of the position, VP , not money.

Interviews were short, to the point and the interviewers were professional, probing and courteous. Spent only 15 minutes with hiring manager, he was dry, not much information and little time for any questions but I chalked it up to him being a very busy guy. Left and did not hear back for weeks. Out of the blue got a call from the recruiter again saying I was the number one candidate and how fast could I get back in for another round of interviews.After juggling several schedules I was able to get in and see 2 people, one was from the previous round and the second was a VP which had been out while I was in the first time. Things went went well but I began to notice a trend. Whenever I asked how the hiring manager was to work for I noticed some hesitation while answering that " he is very blunt " and "very candid"??

Spent some time making calls to a few friends at Oracle and reviewing Glassdoor comments, the consensus was you need to negotiate hard up front as Oracle is notorious for lack of internal promotions and low raises. One contact had been a previous Oracle employee and actually warned me about how territorial and blame oriented it was inside and how volatile the VP roles could be.

After many weeks of on and off , how fast can you get over here, and the hiring manager's vagueness I lost all incentive to pursue this position further. Finally the hiring manager sent me a nasty email about only wanting a title and money and said I was not a fit.

Bottom line, make sure you know the exact you are interviewing for, press them for the details of title and compensation when it becomes the right time and if the hiring manager brags about how blunt he is as if it is a great strength to be admired...run away fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Riverside, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I am asked about basic java programming question, SQL question, Linux question and IQ Test. The java question is really simple--like the difference between abstract and interface. I was only asked one question about SQL and I did not come up with the answer. Also the Linux question is basic, like some command in Linux.

Interview Questions

• How can you show all the tables in an oracle database?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

3 Rounds, telephonic, 2 face -to face with dev and test manager, senior manager. General questions and technical questions pertaining to role. second round consisted of behavioral and attitude questions

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

There will be preliminary round followed by multiple technical round and managerial round. Once candidate clears all the rounds, then there will be HR round as final discussion on compensation part as well as verification.

Interview Questions

• Questions will be asked mostly from resume   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

They conducted well ,in single day they took around 5 round ,except in framework and tool involved in sonar ,and deployment knowledge good to have.One written test like SCJP .two sample program

Interview Questions

• reverse number ,get count of each word ,thread ,hashmap ,hashtable   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

3 telephonic rounds
    1 F2F round
    Technical round - questions on java and programming
    manager round - questions on framework related stuff
    F2F technical round - java and web technology questions
    almost all are technical rounds
    so we should strong enough to answer questions

Interview Questions

• prime number program
      static keyword in java
      automation testing basics
      1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jabalpur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Jabalpur (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process was good. Interview went well. Questions were easy. placement paper was easy. consisted of technical questions, logical reasoning, mathematical reasoning. technical interview was tough. too many questions. questions based on java, dbms etc. hr interview was okay

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

2 rounds were there and both are tele phonic.
    I from tech lead and other one from Manager.
    Both were good and as much as expected.
    I like the process very well.
    Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.