Oracle Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.7

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in March 2016.

Interview

Hiring process consisted of one phone interview with many questions ranging from web development, operating systems, Java concepts. The interview was used to scale the amount of knowledge in each field. It was easy and simple if you are confident in Linux, web development, and Java.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

One 8 hour interview with individuals and teams totaling 13 people. Fairly standard industry questions, some light technical questions to ensure I could prove I was versed in linux, unix, windows, SAN & NAS systems. Some questions on pressure of deadlines, interacting with development. Standard questions on bug tracking tools & process. Not overly technical but not an easy interview either. Some people disinterested in interview, likely forced to do it. Others were quite well prepared and enjoyable to speak with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It took over 4 months after my interview to vet me for an offer. I turned down other contract opportunities while waiting, but in hindsight that may have been a mistake.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

First round, telephonic round

Second round, In person interview followed by managerial round

Third round, Discussion with VP, higher management

Interview process took almost a month including In person interview and followed by background verification

Interview Questions

• Questions on core java, strings and list concept in java and about automation framework   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

I was working as a student intern, I got to know about the opening in Automation team for contractor position. There was no aptitude round conducted since it was taken during the start of Internship. Directly technical interview was taken which was followed by managerial round of interview.

Interview Questions

• In Java, was asked basic concepts of OOPS. I was asked about testing tools used outside oracle and the testing tool used within oracle in automation team   Answer Question
    • Logical thinking question   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

Scheduled walkin where 100 members came.
    50 members shortlisted after 1 written test and
    3 members selected after 3 technical rounds. process compleated in one day and 15 days for Background verification and then got the offer

Interview Questions

• Asked about the middle ware technologies   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Noida (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of interview:
    2 telephonic, 1 F2F director round
    got a call from recruiter, 1st round was scheduled within a week, 3 days later i was informed that I cleared the 1st round and 2nd round will be from US manager, the interview was scheduled at defined time but its result was told after 1 week and I was asked to come for F2F. In f2f formal questions were asked and it went for about 30 min. After 20 -25 days I received offer letter but I was disappointed because the package on which the whole process was initiated was not mentioned in th offer letter and the recruiter literally fought saying that this was package we both had agreed upon. Overall disappointing experience with a company of such fame.

Interview Questions

• 1 st round: Questions on QTP, vb scripting descriptive programming were asked...interviwere was quite supportive.
      2nd round..manual testing questions were asked.
      3rd round: kind of behavioural and HR round though it was a director round.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

4 rounds - networking concepts - VoIP questions based on my profile

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

1. Applied through linkedin
    2. After that got a call from the H.R(after two months)
    3. F2F technical round -1
    4. F2F technical round -2 (on the same day)
    6. F2F technical/Managerical with Manager (next week)
    7. F2F technical/Managerical with Director (another week)
    8. Final Negotiations with H.R
    9. BG check and offer letter generation

Interview Questions

• Just stick to the basics and most the questions are from the resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary offered is not based on your current package. They have standards salary bands for each post and they offer within that range.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

3 to 4 rounds of interview. 2 technical, 1 manager and 1 senior manager or director if required
    1st round will be technical with fundamental questions and attitude check. 2nd round will be in detail. Usual length of interviews is 1 hour to 1.5 hour. 3rd round will be manager round. That would include technical discussion as well as attitude check. It may include discussion over compensation and future expectations.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

3 to 4 round of interview
    1 and 2 technical
    1 basic testing skills and basic automation
    2 technical would have automation skills and DB and other concepts
    3 manager
    4 sr manager or director
    HR may or may not take any round