Oracle Interview Questions in Reading, England | Glassdoor

3.4

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied thorugh internal employee referral. the process was mainly that i got a call to visit the reading office for an interview. It was a single round for technical and non technical questions and got over in a hour. Few days later i got the job offer via an email from the HR.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience in relation to the role applying for.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Handled by Pareto, group interview featuring small introduction in front of other applicants and members of oracle management, followed by a few group tasks and then a 3 minute presentation about why you wish to work for oracle & want a career in technical consulting. Successful applicants were then required to do an interview, discussing usual topics.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Reading, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Extremely regimental, I felt that they were picking me apart from the moment I walked in. 40 candidates at one assessment centre, this is far too many! Good group activities. Half of candidates were sent home after presentations. Current employees were not particularly approachable and were not welcoming. Management who interviewed me were even worse, straight faced, blunt and zero encouragement. No sense of humour. I knew immediately this was not a company I would like to work for. Companies preach so much about their values, yet this seemed a company that does not seem to practice them. Also, they said they would contact you with feedback by telephone whether you were successful or not in the job. I never received this phone call.

Graduate Consultant Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Reading, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through Pareto (Recruitment Firm) invited to attend an Assessment Centre in Reading. About 40 candidates there .
    Everyone introduced themselves and stated their greatest non-academic achievement.
    Group Tasks - too many people on a boat, who should stay on it & rank 15 items in order having crash landed in a desert via plane.
    3 min pitch to management why you want a career in consulting and why Oracle.
    Half the candidates leave at lunchtime.
    Afternoon consist of Q&A with current graduates, but throughout the day you go off for a 30 min interview with the manager/director of the service line that you have chosen.
    Once all candidates have been interview, the 20 of us got split into 3 groups to be told of the outcome. Some will start in March as they have graduated, some undergrads to start in July and the remainder were unsuccessful.
    Lunch was provided, I don't think travel was expensed but I never asked.

Some people were told that they were successful but formal offers wouldn't be made until April/May because it depended on Oracle's performance in the quarter to determine whether they needed extra capacity to take us on. Found this odd because we were successful but no definite offer has been made.

Interview Questions

• Pitch - why I want a career in consulting and why I choose Oracle.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

I Got the role in oracle through an acquisition, so I didn't interview with oracle. You initially have to submit your CV through the taleo system and likely that an internal recruiter speaks to you first.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Fun and challenging group screening. 30 candidates of high quality, most just graduated from university. Informative short presentation from a number of employees, followed by a short introduction from each candidate, and 3 minute presentation on why you are the right candidate for Oracle.

Interview Questions

• When was i aware of Oracle and business and in what scenario had i come across there products.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Reading, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Had what I thought was a good interview but unfortunately I will never know as I didn't receive any update or feedback even though I chased numerous times. Extremely disappointed with the unprofessional behaviour of this company.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Cloud Computing Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Oracle (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was challenging, it was not your everyday same interview with 1v1 interviewer. My interview consisted of a panel of 4 interviewers interviewing me. The inteview itself was roughly 2hours. Before the actual interview commenced, I had to deliver a 20minute presentation with no powerpoint/notes. Yes I just freestyled. It was a notch harder than IBM's but if you passed IBM's interview this should not be a problem for you yes I also passed IBM's placement interview.
    The interview was all about showinh your character, personality and more importantly what you can offer. It is a two way process where you learn as much as giving it back.
    Remember do not be shy to name few Oracle's competitors, i.e IBM, Microsoft etc.
    Along with being honest and saying they are still a notch behind Microsoft. However, there long term goal is to eclipse Microsoft.
    My panel consisted of 4, where they all took turn in asking questions along with one member grilling your CV.
    I got a offer the following day!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a weakness you have?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview first, then if successful another two in person interviews.
    Tell me what experience you have in shell programming, which operating systems are you familiar with, programming languages you know, do you know what is the recent biggest threat discovered on the Internet (wanted to hear about Heartbleed), recent projects you have done, interested in security and encryption, what are you most interested in developing(apps, OS, games)

Operations Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

German football legend and Fifa member Franz Beckenbauer is also being investigated for his refusal to co-operate with the inquiries into the vote that handed the 2018 and 2022 tournaments to Russia and Qatar.
    Congolese pair Mayolas and Wantete were handed six-month provisional bans in June this year. They were found guilty of apparent breaches of Fifa's code of ethics.

Interview Questions

• They had been provisionally suspended so will serve the remaining 45 days.   1 Answer