Oracle Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.9

Research Assistant () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Applied through university internal website. No news for almost two months and then 2 interviews were quickly scheduled. Two hours after the second interview, got the positive feedback for the next stage which was another same set of 2 interviews three days later. After two days, got the offer that I accepted.
    Typical interview : Had time to present myself and my projects (5min) before diving into not-so-hard technical questions (compared to Facebook or Google). I noticed that the interviewers were really well-prepared about my CV.

Interview Questions

• Given a given stock for a specific day. One number per second stored in an array. Write an algorithm to find the maximum profit you could make in that day.
      Generalize to several months of data with ticks per milliseconds.
      1 Answer

Consulting Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

After an initial phone screen, I had the typical half day onsite interview with several interviewers.
    This was followed by 4 additional phone interviews delving into specific technical areas. The dress code was casual. I was overdressed in a pair of nice slacks and a button down shirt with no tie.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward, phone interview then in person interview at the headquarters in redwood shores.I did my normal research on the company and that was enough. Was also asked some basic finance questions but nothing that was unexpected.

BDC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was all over the phone with a few mangers that work in the office/ They just asked basic questions that applied to sales and the tech industry. They were just looking for someone who is competent and out going

Technology Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

The interview process was easy. As part of the Class Of program, Oracle hires college graduates from a select list of colleges and meeting a certain GPA. After submitting my application through my college career counselor / posting on my university's career website, I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to set up a Skype interview. After this, I was told that I would need to complete a background check and pending that, I was likely to receive an offer. Within a week I received an offer.

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call from Recruiter. Phone interview by hiring manager. Flight to HQ to give a 20 minute sales presentation on any topic to a group of 10-12 people, followed immediately by a group interview for 45 minutes. Verbal offer was given within 48 hours. Formal offer arrived via email in an additional 10 days due to the background check time. Altogether a very pleasant, organized, and fast process.

Interview Questions

I had another offer for a higher-level position.

Director, Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Went in to the office for multiple interviews. Very very long process, would never hear anything back for weeks, even a month in between interviews. Then all of a sudden they had to see me again the very next day. Did not get much feedback, but clearly they are do not make decisions quickly!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process is quite strange. No phone interview, on site interview directly.
    Purchased the flight tickets before getting a schedule of the interview.
    The interview schedule was sent to me just the day before the interview date. No idea what groups to meet when I was taking the flight.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

The interview process varies from department to department often done at the discretion of the hiring manager for the position. Generally speaking, after a phone screen from the recruiter, a panel style interview is conducted with several situational interview questions to understand the candidate's similar experience handing a similar scenario (e.g, Tell me about a time when you had to sacrifice quality in order to meet a deadline. What did you do? How did you prioritize the activity?). A second and final interview with the hiring manager is often likely, although depending on the role may not be needed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Basic Operating Systems questions. None of them very difficult questions. No typical CS-101 stytle questions for the experienced people. No trick questions either. What is needed for their work were only asked

Interview Questions

• OS concurrency questions, language specific (mine was C), linux platform based, basic database questions   Answer Question