Oracle Interview Questions in Redwood Shores, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017

2.8

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very methodical and measured. The process followed a set of interviews, both in person and over the phone, at all levels of the organization and roles. Follow up was very good and timely.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle sales qualification and progression in the territory. What were the tools and reports needed to review the opportunity stages.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

It started with a handful of phone interviews with the recruiter, and then the hiring manager. Both teams did intensive reviews of my background and experience. Because of the phone interviews, the in office interviews were somewhat easy -- mostly conversational and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The interviews looked into my knowledge of Oracle's business and key software offerings.   2 Answers

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

I was reached out to by a university recruiter in my college to join their Class of ______ Sales and Business Development Consultant program.

I went through three rounds of interviews for this position. 1. Phone screen with the university recruiter, 2. Phone interview with a Senior Sales and Business Development Consultant, 3. In-Person interview in their Redwood Shores HQ with one of their Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why Oracle? Why Sales? What in particular about the role stands out to you.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very friendly interviewer. Smooth interview process. 2 rounds of interview.
    Questions from my resume. Moderate, reasonable technical interview. 1 Analytical question, 1 puzzle. Be genuine, honest in your answers. Algorithms, data structures, core java, HTML, CSS questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

On campus career fair, then on site meetings with each team. The interviews were not technical, just talk about yourself and find out what work the team has to do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your project at your most recent internship.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was directly called onsite because of a referral. I had 3 interviews with 3 different teams, in 2 different campuses. Overall the questions weren't too hard but I could have prepared more. In the morning I had a meeting with HR. Typically I'm guessing you would have a phone interview but I bypassed this because I was referred.

HCM Business Developent Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

4 Phone Interviews, one face to face. Had to submit a portfolio of work to the recruiter after the interview and then had to create a business case and also had to send that to the recruiter as well. They did change the job description after that and asked if I was ok with it. It was fine, was not too much different however they did lower the offer by $5000 a year as well.
    I was offered the job (yeah!) and I was sent a congratulations email with the benefits too. They ran the background check which went fine. Was told the offer letter would arrive shortly. I followed-up for three months and never received the offer and I am still waiting. The said they were reorganization the HCM Marketing Department however, I have looked on linked-in and many people have been hired in that HCM division. This was very disappointing and seems a tad unprofessional. I am now looking for another job.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals? How do you think you can contribute to the growth of the HCM product? How have you dealt with employee issues?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I learned about the job and submitted my resume at a campus career fair.
    A recruiter contacted me in January to set up an initial phone interview.
    There were 3 interviews total: initial phone interview with recruiter -> phone interview with someone who went through the program and is now on the sales team -> final interview at Oracle HQ with a manager.
    Questions were similar in all 3 interviews, mostly behavioral questions and asking about past experiences to learn more about you, nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• Run through your resume and highlight experiences that you think are related to this role.
      Why Oracle?
      Why sales?
      Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

5 rounds of interview onsite.
    Whole day interview, 10 to 3 PM, 1 hour lunch break
    Meet and greet with manager
    4 rounds of Technical rounds
    Core java, Algorithms, data structure, puzzles, analytical questions, questions from Resume,

Interview Questions

• How did you spend whole day in current company? How much do u code in a day? What is your role and responsibilities?   Answer Question
    • Reverse linked list, Caching, JDMB Connection etc   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

1) Submitted my resume at a college career fair at the end of September. 2) Was contacted by a recruiter at the end of October, who requested to schedule an onsite interview in December at Oracle HQ. Oracle tends to interview candidates on Thursday, flew out on Wednesday night. 2) During the interview day, met with two project groups that were interested in my resume. Originally there were five project groups, but they likely filled their spots before I had arrived onsite. Met directly with the hiring managers for about an hour each, interview questions will vary greatly between project groups. 3) Heard back from the recruiter 3-4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about BFS, DFS, hash tables, and JSON files   Answer Question
    • Discuss synchronization and deadlock, processes versus threads, conceptual questions about locks in database read / write operations, maximum number of locks needed in a system   Answer Question
    • Given a segment of C++ code, find the bug and how would you fix it?   1 Answer