Oracle Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA | Glassdoor

Oracle Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Compensations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Rocklin, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Process: Phone Screen (Recruiter) >> Onsite (Panel of Managers)
    The recruiter was on a different coast, and hence, the response time for emails was very low. The questions were, general. It is upon the candidate to be very descriptive, so make sure you do that!! The interview panel did not come across as very excited, so in that scenario, it's upon the candidate to lift the energy level in the interview room.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Rocklin, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. She was about 30 minutes late for the phone interview, but was very polite and professional once we began speaking. She let me know the job I applied for was not the one I was interviewing for, so that was the first red flag. She then let me know I would hear from the hiring manager by the end of the week. I didn't end up hearing anything until the following Tuesday.

I finally scheduled an in-person interview, and when I went into the office, I spoke with three different people who gave me two different job descriptions and told me up front that there was no process to the job and it was a mess. Needless to say, I didn't follow up after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed at something and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Strategy Manager - Sales Compensation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Rocklin, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The entire process took about 2 months over which I had 4 interviews...

- The first interview was with a recruiter from Global recruiting. We discussed the job role, why I was interested, and what value I would bring to the team if hired. We also discussed salary expectations and agreed to a number; it would essentially be a lateral from my previous role. Basically, even if you are qualified, you cannot proceed beyond this point if both parties (you and Oracle) do not agree on salary expectations....

- The next interview was with the manager i would be reporting to. He was very knowledgeable and had been in the field for a while. We clicked, were on the same page and he set up another interview with someone who would be my peer if things worked out. Stressed on job security Oracle provides as opposed to regular raises/bonuses

- My conversation with my peer went well; we delved into the day-to-day nature of the role and challenges within the role and the company. Overall, that individual seemed happy with what their role was as it matched their style of work.

- The fourth interview took place at least a month later; this was with a director; he was very pleasant and knowledgeable as well and set expectations as to what his style of management is and what his expectations would be for someone coming into the role.

I want to point out that there was regular communication by the gentleman from Global recruiting all along the process and he did a great job keeping me updated. At that point I was waiting for them to finish with other candidates who were going through the same process.
    About two months from my first interview I received a call with an offer for the role. I was excited until they offered me 10% less than the number we had agreed to in the beginning, one that was acceptable for both parties to proceed with subsequent interviews.

Needles to say I was disappointed. My counter was the original number we had agreed to, and after a week of waiting for a response, it was met with absolute rigidity, citing budget changes that apparently occurred at the tail end of my string of interviews (no discussion about budget changes was ever raised at any point during the process....) It felt like the classic 'bait and switch' and because we were already starting on a wrong footing, I felt that getting into a company/role/situation where there was already a trust deficit was not the best option for me.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself/Walk me through your resume
      - Why Oracle?
      - What do you know about this role and why are you interested in it?
      - Behavioral questions - Tell me about a time when....
      - Why did you leave your last role?
      - What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Technical Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Rocklin, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I see from other reviews here that I'm not the first person to have the misfortune of dealing w. an Oracle recruiter that was rude, arrogant and inflexible. The recruiter made it clear that a phone screen would be done on her terms, at her convenience and too bad for me if I preferred different times and/or days.

So I got through a basic phone screen about my work in various places, talked with the hiring manager, mostly on a personal level; that seemed to go well enough; he contacted me several days later to arrange another phone interview with someone on the team. That interview actually went really well and seven weeks later... nothing. Zero.

Of course I don't know if the recruiter was rude on two occasions or if the hiring manager joined her in displaying the arrogance Oracle is known for.

Through this site and other sources, I'd come across more than a few people relating dark experiences with Oracle and its hiring processes, but I naively hoped talk of this we're-special-and-you're-not 'tude was hype or rare -- and it was exactly what I encountered.

Interview Questions

• One person asked me to name the components in a standard computer.   Answer Question

Business Planning Director-Ops Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Rocklin, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The process started with a screening interview with the Oracle recruiter. She had a very good working knowledge of the role and organization. We discussed my skills and how they could translate into this opportunity. We also discussed salary, benefits, etc.

Once I completed the initial screening process, I had phone interviews with potential peers and a dotted line VP I would support for this role. These interviews provided me with a better understanding of the role and organization. As well as, the working environment and personalities of the key players.

The final interview was a sit down panel lunch with the hiring VP and peer Director. This was a much more in-depth discussion. The focus was on process development and assessing my overall fit for the role.

As noted before on Glassdoor, the Oracle hiring process can be fairly long. Once the interviews were conducted, I was given a verbal offer. This is done prior to the final authorization of the req. Depending on availability of executive sign-off, the formal offer may come a few weeks or longer after the verbal offer is accepted. I would note that the recruiter was very proactive in the process. She kept me in the loop through the authorization / sign-off process.

While the hiring process took over two months, I would say that I was treated very well and communications were clear and timely.

Interview Questions

• There was significant focus on managing personalities and my (EQ) skills. Questions were focus on managing through executive resistance and objections.   Answer Question

Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Sacramento, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Oracle has amazing recruiters that have a thorough interview process, and spend alot of time getting you into the right job fit. Natima Fisher is the recruiter that is working with me, and she has been amazing! She has worked closely with me on a few positions. I recently applied for one position, Natima informed me that the although the company had filled the position internally, she had found another position that was an even better fit!

Principal License Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Rocklin, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I have a colleague who referred me for this position. The license management recruiter called and told me to expect the hiring manager to set up an interview. The Hiring Manager emailed 2 weeks after the recruiter and set up the interview for 2 weeks after the email. My interview lasted 1.5 hours and consisted of a sit down with 3 license consultants followed by a sit down with the hiring manager and another senior manager and finally another sitdown with another senior manager. The tone was friendly and the managers/consultants spend about as much time explaining the position as they did asking and listening to my answers. One week after the interview, I received a verbal offer that I accepted. My start date was 3 weeks after I accepted the offer. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. My colleague had prepped me on questions and salary range prior to the interview, which helped tremendously.

Interview Questions

• Consultants
      - Tell us about yourself/intro
      - Tell us about your experience as auditor
      - What is my experience with IT?
      - Have you had to deliver bad news? Give example
      - You have lots of supervisor experience. Are you okay with being an individual contributor?

Hiring Manager and senior manager
      - Tell us about your experience as auditor
      - What is my experience with IT? What experience do I have with Oracle products?
      - What is your salary range that you were expecting? When can you start?

Last Senior Manager
      - Tell me about yourself/intro
      - How do you expect to learn about oracle products so you can become an expert?   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Too lengthy, it took 2-3 months, from the time I received the call from internal recruiter until reception of offer letter. Get very anxious about that period, but finally get the job.
    3 interviews, 1 by phone 2 in person.

Interview Questions

• Flexible to work long hours   1 Answer

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Rocklin, CA).

Interview

I spoke with three different individuals one on one. Two were managers, one was a analyst. I was very comfortable during each interview. The interviews were held in their offices. There were no trick or gotcha type questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Rocklin, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter phoned and asked basic questions about employment backgroud, education and suitability to filling the role. The Recruiter was friendly, engaging and great about describing the role and the team that was seeking a Manager.

Interview Questions

• Have you held a direct supervisor role and if so how many direct reports did you have?   1 Answer