Oracle Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2017

2.8

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. Had to speak to hiring manager, Group VP and Director and a Senior Rep. Most questions revolved around past performance and vision for achieving goals in new role.

Interview Questions

• Mainly past performance qualifications   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Sales Interview

Interview

it was great, interviewer good, phone interview, took job recently after offer, head quarters in redwood shores, california, long commute to work, enjoyable i like it here. might stay forever, might stay not forever, it all remains to be seen, who knows what i will be doing in the future

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Berkeley, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Normal
    Contacted by recruited. Super nice and standard behavioral questions. More to see your fit. Why Oracle and why sales. Phone interview with manager and then vp of region. also fit questions. pretty standard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

multiple interviews and presentations. The toughest part was the large amount of other candidates. The interview process started with 2 hour long phone calls that were pretty vague. Then came the in person interviews that lasted over an hour each time. The first one was a grilling session about fit and dealing with many tough circumstances. The second was a presentation and continuation of the grilling session. All in all its what you would expect at a large organization trying to find someone committed that is the right fit for the difficult job at hand.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very good interview process. Interested in knowing more about previous job experience. Talked to three different people. Turns out they were all hiring managers. Easy to talk to and asked relevant questions to the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Reston, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

A group of about 7 of us were brought in to interview with 3 different market sector directors within oracle direct. Not a true group interview, rather we interviewed individually with one at a time, if that makes sense. Coming from the military, I did not experience their traditional interview method, each interviewer said as much at the start of each one. the standard type is rumored to involve a lot of sales skills and scenario type questions. The process took a total of 3.5 hours pretty evenly split between the 3 interviewers. Considering that I have no real software or direct sales experience, they did a pretty good job of focusing on the intangibles; those fundamental qualities which a successful salesman requires. They are starting a program to try to take advantage of the military veterans and those qualities they bring to the table. Understand they are in the beginning phases and still developing the methodology to train and transition a veteran from the military mindset to software sales. Great intent with genuine enthusiasm behind the initiative. I'm sounding like a spokesman for the company but I'm really not. At this moment I'm waiting for a call to discuss a possible offer so I have no real vested interest in making them sound great, I have no offer yet.

Interview Questions

• Considering your military background which involves no real direct sales responsibilities, why do you think you would make a good sales person?   1 Answer
    • Why sales?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Athens (Greece)).

Interview

Complex with various stages .Interview with several different managers on .Presentation included as well with backround check through another independent firm.
    Environment was friendly and supporting but too many details had been discused

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2017.

Interview

Expectations that are set in interviews are that the candidate should be of the highest standard relative to the role that they apply for. Is it reasonable to expect a company to do the same.

Process started with a phone interview from a cafe in UK which went well, albeit a little noisy. Interviewer was excited about my experience and the fit that it offered for the role. Asked that I send a resume with more detail as my initial one is minimal.

Sent detailed resume along with specific questions about the role, never received a reply.

Contacted a few days later by admin in Bucharest to arrange second interview.

Attended second interview and first observation was that the interviewer said my resume needed more detail, hmmm, the resume the second interviewer had received wasn't my detailed version that I had put together for this role.

Interviewer proceeded to ask me some specific questions about the role and was visibly irritated by the answers that I gave. The role they had in their mind was different to the role described. I had of course answered based on the described role and the information I had from my first interview.

It's understandable from the face to face interview that I wouldn't be offered the role. Unfortunate as I have heard very positive comments on Oracle as a company.

Suggestions to enhance and offer a clear perspective of potential candidates in interviews:
    - Conduct face to face interviews with more than one person
    - Have a clear plan of what questions need to be asked
    - Ensure a clear balance of competency and behavioral based questions
    - Link advertised key competencies to competency based questions
    - Ask questions you don't know the answer to

Unfortunately for me the second half of the interview process wasn't a positive experience, but I do believe it was simple one of those things that happens sometimes. Events line up in the wrong order and perspectives get negatively impacted.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?
      What interested you about the role?
      How would you handle a difficult staff member?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

efficient hiring process quick response clear benefits manager advice good timing correct no problems smooth but somewhat slowefficient hiring process quick response clear benefits manager advice good timing correct no problems smooth but somewhat slow

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

3 rounds of interview. Started with Line Manager,Regional Head, Business Head & finally HR. Key decision makers are line manager and the Manager your line manager is reporting to.Normal questions are asked for Sales position, why us, why leaving, achievements etc

Interview Questions

• normal, run of the mill questions. why us? why want to leave? achievements etc.   1 Answer