Oracle Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

There were five set of interviews over a period of two months. After that I was invited for onsite. There were bunch of interviews from the senior executives. Most over the phone and then two onsite interviews

Interview Questions

• The process was to demonstrate my technical skills followed by my sales acumen   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was simple. Not much room to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Interview process was easy. The hire process was slow and painful. Limited information available to anyone, numerous levels of bureaucracy.

The interview process is a joke for sales. If you can show some track record and experience selling they will hire you. That said, if you survive is another matter. The approach is hire many and see who survives a year with an Oracle sales quota.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not a lot of negotiation. Little movement on the Oracle side.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Interview & presentation

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was recruited through LinkedIn and on-campus recruiting at Cal. I was being interviewed for the January Sales Academy start date and the process was very fast. Attended an information session, had a 30-minute in-person interview, 20-minute phone interview, and received my offer. All within a week or so.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult. Some I was simply not prepared for, such as "tell me awards you have recently won." If they like you, you'll just end up chatting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation almost impossible. The hiring process is so streamlined, almost everyone gets the same automated offer. But it's a good offer.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Had a series of interviews with progressively higher levels of management as well as with peers of these higher levels. Process took approximately 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected to be asked if I were a tree what type of tree would I prefer to be.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Provided earnings statements from prior positions as Oracle will not offer compensation at a dramatically higher level than previous comp. Process was rather short.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

3 phone interviews and 1 face 2 face interviews. Lots of questions from actual day to day experience on the previous jobs, and same importance on the current job. It took 3 months from the start of interview to geting offer letter, and requires good amount of patience to complete whole process of hiring.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special in their interview questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Bellevue, WA) in November 2009.

Interview

Initial interview was by phone with remote hiring manager. 2nd interview was in-person with hiring manager. 3rd interview was by phone with peer to hiring manager. 4th interview was in-person with peer to hiring manager. 5th interview was by phone with Executive to hiring manager. Very regimented process, but didn't seem to follow any formal structure. Although the hiring manager made the final decision, the other interviewees had to be "on board".

Interview Questions

• what qualities would you look for when hiring new employees?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Quite standard. Why Oracle? Wy Dublin? What do you knw about the role? previous results in other companies. Managing, coaching and motivating reps. Managing several stakeholders, self service mentality. Networking.How do you manage change?

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2014.

Interview

Great interaction with HR; very friendly. the overall process was difficult with regard to scheduling but the overall the process. The timing was very flexible but locking in the time was hard. The management were difficult to deal with at first.

Interview Questions

• Goals for the future growth; how important is culture to you? How much do you assign to training of your teams   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

You will be approached by a recruiter, you can also apply via existing Oracle employee lots of jobs available on internal job site. generally you will be interviewed by Manager and his boss i.e. two levels. First interview would be more grilling. HR interview will be just a formality.

Interview Questions

• Sometime you might be asked for a roleplay similar to a role you applied for   Answer Question