Oracle Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.8

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

entirely unethical. I was asked to lie and commit fraud, while incriminating myself. Basically, I was told to lie about my work experience to appear at better candidate to the hiring manager and justify a higher salary because once you are hired there is no opportunity for raises so "get in good now". I was also told that this activity wouldnt escape background checks and refrences but "it doesnt matter, we just need to fool the hiring manager"

I note, the recruiter reached out to me. I am happily employed

Interview Questions

• asked about my work experience.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle in April 2017.

Interview

The campus recruiter became unexpectedly and seemingly inappropriately confrontational and assertive when I expressed an interest in taking a gap in employment to earn an MBA and return to Oracle. She interrupted explained that wasn't something they were interested in. From that point on the conversation was very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• What are you hoping to get out of the Sales Representative program?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Was a very quick interview process where I was reached out if I was interested in a sales representative role at the company and was immediately set up with an interview with HR. After the interview, I was scheduled for 2 more 30 minute interviews with sales managers before getting the job offer right after. The whole process was extremely fast and I was offered the job so quickly that I didn't actually feel like I understood the company and had to decline the offer due to feeling like the job was too quick to hire (same thing happened with a few other friends who got offered the job) and that they just want to fill spaces with bodies rather than find someone who would be valuable and grow within the company. It was definitely a fast and easy interview process-- but almost suspiciously too fast to where it didn't feel genuine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. Phone interviews successively with the recruiter, hiring manager, his boss, and the VP of the hospitality division. This process went almost too easily, with very conversational interviews and absolutely amazing folks throughout.

Shortly following the process, I was extended a verbal offer contingent upon background and approvals.

Be prepared for the background process and make sure you do not even attempt to BS Oracle about your base salary or education. Thankfully I was truthful in my process, and it still took 2 weeks for the third party company (HireRight) to do their job/for me to help them do their job. I provided W-2's and tax transcripts to this company, with its employees based in the Philippines.

Following the background check, it was time for the 12-step approval process (no exaggeration here). Things are moving decently through approval and it takes a considerable amount of time, until it bogs down on an EVP's desk. This goes on for approximately 8 days on the same EVP's desk, when I am notified that my offer as well as the others in the Hospitality division will be rescinded due to a hiring freeze.

Absolutely unconscionable, in my opinion, to extend an offer to someone and rescind it. The hiring managers, internal recruiter and his team, as well as folks up the chain did what they could to get the company to honor their offers existing in the system and failed.

What Oracle fails to recognize is that most candidates who are of the caliber to be hired at this company often are turning down other offers. I turned down an offer with a slightly higher base salary in order to work at Oracle. In 99.9999% of instances when you receive a verbal offer, it is typically followed up almost immediately by a written offer and a start date. At Oracle, this is not the case.

This entire process took a month and a half, with a solid month of it following me "getting the job" - being told I was the selected candidate. Two weeks in background and two weeks creeping through the whole approval and subsequent rescinding process (8 days on one EVP's desk alone).

Clearly this leaves a very negative taste in my mouth and a very negative opinion of the company's culture from the top. The lack of respect shown for me as a candidate by upper management was unbelievable and the amount of money I lost out on by rejecting the offer and having to re-start my job search (I was unemployed at the time) was significant.

At the end of the day, the folks I got to interact with were incredibly solid human beings, but the nameless, faceless superiors hiding above them instituting the surprise hiring freeze and getting my and another 10 offers rejected for no good reason are beyond reprehensible. The lag in their hiring process costs them plenty of capable and qualified applicants.

By all other appearances the company seems like a great place, once you're on board...

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in February 2017.

Interview

There is a preliminary phone screen with HR personnel, and then two interviews with Sales Managers. In my case, one of the manager interviews was done via phone call. The other one was done in person. It was pretty simple, in terms of the questions they asked you. If you do your homework and research Oracle, you should be good.

Interview Questions

• If you had a phone call with a CFO of a company, how would you sell him our product?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Applied through school career fair, got a phone interview/screening. I looked on glassdoor and had my answers ready, but for some reason they only asked about my school background and past work experiences. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. They said they will get back to me next week, so we shall see!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Boston, MA).

Interview

Talked to the hiring manager on the phone for about 30 minutes. We discussed a variety of topics around leisure activities like golf to start the session. we then got into the meat of the interview discussing their product like, sales activities, and cloud strategy.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work at Oracle   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

A couple of phone interviews with hiring sales manager and delivery VP, then in person discussions and a sales pitch to the hiring sales manager. They gave me a verbal commitment and told me a formal offer would be forthcoming. Unfortunately, the formal offer never came and I wasted a lot of time pursuing this oppty.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions related to how would I handle various scenarios directly with customers and also internally how would I drive business to engage and increase license attach rates.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (New York, NY).

Interview

Lengthy process of recruiters, phone interviews, multiple in person interviews and rescheduled appointments. Panel review that provided good interviewing experience and preparation. Overall the process was grueling but at the end you are certainly feeling a sense of accomplishment for getting thru all of the hoops.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Durham, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

There were three behavioral interview. The first two were entirely behavioral and over the phone. The final interview was in person and there was one semi technical question that threw me for a loop below. There is about a week between all of them.

Interview Questions

• Q: Basic questions about your resume, what you know about Oracle and why you want to get into Sales.   1 Answer
    • Q: If you had to go to three websites a day what would they be?   1 Answer