Oracle Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Oracle

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

Began with a phone interview where introductions were made and an overall picture of both the role and my experience were discussed. After it was determined by the phone interview that there was interest, an in-person interview was scheduled. I consisted of a mock customer meeting to show your presentation skills and how you handled objections.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that went very badly and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I had a phone interview for the entry-level sales role program. It was about 30 minutes and very relaxed. Anyone interviewing needs to able to demonstrate a clear interest in both sales and in the company Oracle.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process took over the course of a week. I met the interviewer/recruiter at a school job event, they emailed me asking me for basic information and my availability, and then had a phone screening.

Interview Questions

• How will the skills you've attained your past experiences help you for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Columbus, OH) in January 2018.

Interview

Spoke to recruiter, hiring manager (VP) and GVP. one in person interview. Recruiter communicated with me throughout process. Most of time was spent waiting for internal approvals, etc. I was told 1-month is relatively short period of time for Oracle.

Interview Questions

• Most about experience and what I've done to be successful. Asked about specific challenging deals and obstacles that had to be overcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Burlington, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

I had a preliminary on-campus interview with the recruiter and then two phone interviews and one final round interview in office. Everyone was very nice, which helped me to relax during the interview.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle in December 2017.

Interview

Felt very friendly and casual. Questions were not difficult, but it felt like the interviewer was looking fore genuine answers. Two phone interviews, and one in person. All asked about the same difficulty of questions. Recruiter was super helpful throughout.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

entirely unethical. I was asked to lie and commit fraud, while incriminating myself. Basically, I was told to lie about my work experience to appear at better candidate to the hiring manager and justify a higher salary because once you are hired there is no opportunity for raises so "get in good now". I was also told that this activity wouldnt escape background checks and refrences but "it doesnt matter, we just need to fool the hiring manager"

I note, the recruiter reached out to me. I am happily employed

Interview Questions

• asked about my work experience.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle in April 2017.

Interview

The campus recruiter became unexpectedly and seemingly inappropriately confrontational and assertive when I expressed an interest in taking a gap in employment to earn an MBA and return to Oracle. She interrupted explained that wasn't something they were interested in. From that point on the conversation was very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• What are you hoping to get out of the Sales Representative program?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Was a very quick interview process where I was reached out if I was interested in a sales representative role at the company and was immediately set up with an interview with HR. After the interview, I was scheduled for 2 more 30 minute interviews with sales managers before getting the job offer right after. The whole process was extremely fast and I was offered the job so quickly that I didn't actually feel like I understood the company and had to decline the offer due to feeling like the job was too quick to hire (same thing happened with a few other friends who got offered the job) and that they just want to fill spaces with bodies rather than find someone who would be valuable and grow within the company. It was definitely a fast and easy interview process-- but almost suspiciously too fast to where it didn't feel genuine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. Phone interviews successively with the recruiter, hiring manager, his boss, and the VP of the hospitality division. This process went almost too easily, with very conversational interviews and absolutely amazing folks throughout.

Shortly following the process, I was extended a verbal offer contingent upon background and approvals.

Be prepared for the background process and make sure you do not even attempt to BS Oracle about your base salary or education. Thankfully I was truthful in my process, and it still took 2 weeks for the third party company (HireRight) to do their job/for me to help them do their job. I provided W-2's and tax transcripts to this company, with its employees based in the Philippines.

Following the background check, it was time for the 12-step approval process (no exaggeration here). Things are moving decently through approval and it takes a considerable amount of time, until it bogs down on an EVP's desk. This goes on for approximately 8 days on the same EVP's desk, when I am notified that my offer as well as the others in the Hospitality division will be rescinded due to a hiring freeze.

Absolutely unconscionable, in my opinion, to extend an offer to someone and rescind it. The hiring managers, internal recruiter and his team, as well as folks up the chain did what they could to get the company to honor their offers existing in the system and failed.

What Oracle fails to recognize is that most candidates who are of the caliber to be hired at this company often are turning down other offers. I turned down an offer with a slightly higher base salary in order to work at Oracle. In 99.9999% of instances when you receive a verbal offer, it is typically followed up almost immediately by a written offer and a start date. At Oracle, this is not the case.

This entire process took a month and a half, with a solid month of it following me "getting the job" - being told I was the selected candidate. Two weeks in background and two weeks creeping through the whole approval and subsequent rescinding process (8 days on one EVP's desk alone).

Clearly this leaves a very negative taste in my mouth and a very negative opinion of the company's culture from the top. The lack of respect shown for me as a candidate by upper management was unbelievable and the amount of money I lost out on by rejecting the offer and having to re-start my job search (I was unemployed at the time) was significant.

At the end of the day, the folks I got to interact with were incredibly solid human beings, but the nameless, faceless superiors hiding above them instituting the surprise hiring freeze and getting my and another 10 offers rejected for no good reason are beyond reprehensible. The lag in their hiring process costs them plenty of capable and qualified applicants.

By all other appearances the company seems like a great place, once you're on board...

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer