Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Got contacted by a friend who told me Oracle was looking into hiring employees with Semantic Web background. Got a phone screen, after that, I got a panel interview using Cisco WebEx. After the process I got an offer.
    The panel reviewed all questions about Semantic Web, which were conceptual, but all coding problems required big-o explanations and the advantages and disadvantages against the naive approach.

Interview Questions

• Function to valid a perfect square.   1 Answer
    • Function to convert to convert integers to Roman numerals.
      XLIII -> 43
      1 Answer
    • Bit Rotation function.   1 Answer
    • Find the shortest path from the entrance of a binary maze to the given location. Return the size of the shortest path or -1 if there is no path.   1 Answer
    • Implement Cipher and Decipher using Cesar Cipher.   1 Answer

Build and Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Hard 3 phone interviews with the technical recruiters and one video interview with the senior engineer.
    Was also asked to send in via email a sample code I had written and there were question about my team leadership experience with an example

Interview Questions

• Was asked how builds are done at Oracle and what kind of tools used. Also the type of script language used to build the tools. There was a question about continuous integration. I was asked to install Jenkins on a AWS instance.   1 Answer

Sales and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and listed my email at the booth. I received an email asking me to apply to the program if I was still interested. A day after I emailed her my resume, she asked to schedule a 30 min phone interview. This first interview you must be able to show that you did research on the position and explain why you're interested in sales. I think she also just wants to gauge if you are comfortable speaking on the phone. She moved me on a next round interview at the end of the phone call. My 30 min second round phone interview (about a week later) was with a sales manager and current employee at the Santa Monica office. They really grilled me on why I want to go into sales in this one. She referred me to the final round interview at the end of that call. I then scheduled my final interview at HQ in Redwood Shores. There I interviewed with the Class of Program manager and then waked around HQ with two of the employees there. That was more conversational and looking for fit but she still asked me interview-like questions. Overall, really positive experience. They move you really quickly through the recruitment pipeline and it's a pretty easy interviewing process.

FYI, they really like when you "close" the interview. So at the end of each conversation, ask for feedback.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Got a phone interview. Asked about my previous experience. Some functional questions related to PeopleSoft. Some stress and behavior tests. Pretty easy interview experience, met people from several teams. Very friendly teams.

Interview Questions

• Describe the various ways that you can create a voucher?
       How would you interface a 3rd party system with PeopleSoft?
      Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very situation based interview. Checking your skill to their job role and if you are a personality fit. Its a large company so heave matrix based questions. How you will deal with people. Intricacies of service model, global teams etc

Interview Questions

• Leadership and change management example. How are you the best fit etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

At the college career fair, I talked to people from this company and gave them my resume. After few days, I got an e-mail from a recruiting manager and we scheduled the on-site interview. During the scheduling for the interview, everyone from the company I talked to was so nice. Also the interviewers were so nice too.

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

More on the job description and previous experience. Previous experience in Oracle Technologies and puzzles. General process oriented questions and analytical skills. General SQL skills and other oracle technologies, fusion middle ware

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Oracle was recruiting at my university. First I had a 2:1 onsite interview with them at my university (with a recruiter and senior sales representative), this was followed by 2 phone interviews with higher level sales representatives and managers. Overall, very straightforward questions about why you want to work for Oracle and in the Business Development Representative role specifically.

Interview Questions

Although most of the interviews were nice and Oracle is known for being a successful company, when I talked to recent college graduates that were a part of Oracle's Sales program, they didn't seem too satisfied with the job--the acknowledged that they had gotten a great training, but described the environment as cutthroat and numbers-oriented--this wasn't for me. There is also a LOT of cold calling involved, which isn't something that resonated with me.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

This interview process consisted of an onsite interview at my university's campus with a recruiter and current sales development rep, and 2 phone calls with other Oracle Sales personnel. It was a fairly standard interview process, no curve ball questions.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

-Rigorous, lengthy, detail-oriented
    -Be ready to speak towards your resume, accolades, B2B sales experience
    -Be ready to speak in detail regarding your experiences finding and closing complex deals
    -Be confident, witty, and intelligent
    -Be genuine

Interview Questions

• -Why Oracle?
      -What makes you different from everyone else?
      -Sell me this technology - go.. (role play)
      Answer Question