Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Three interviews, two on the phone and one in person. In the first two is about how you sound on the phone because the job is largely based on cold calling. They want to make sure that you will stay with the job for awhile and not just do it for a few months and leave. And the third interview is the final round to make sure you are the right fit.

Interview Questions

• What has drawn you to sales? What are other roles you are applying for? How do you deal with rejection?   Answer Question

Ergonomic Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

In addition to applying online, I sent my resume to a recruiter at Oracle who I knew from a previous application. She forwarded my resume along. I was contacted for a live interview with the hiring supervisor. I then had a live interview with the team and a key business contact. The interviews were a mix of questions, conversation and learning more about the team and the position.

Interview Questions

• What makes me want to get out of bed in the morning.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had submitted my resume in one of the Career fair. I was later contacted by the HR to submit resume and within a couple of weeks got response from different teams. I was then asked for dates to fly to the head quarters and had interviews with 5 different teams. Most of the interviews started with HR questions and then moved to programming questions. The programming questions were mostly based on dynamic programming and recursion. The interviews were scheduled over 2 days. The HR contacted me in 2 weeks with the offer. The entire process was well organised.

Interview Questions

• Find all the subsets from a given set of numbers that summed to a particular value including repetitions   Answer Question
    • Find the length of the maximal subtree for a given tree such that the child nodes were one greater than the parent node   Answer Question
    • How would sort an array of size 10 gb using a system with only 1 gb of memory   Answer Question
    • Find kth element from the end of a linked list   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Got a phone interview. Asked about my previous experience. Some functional questions related to PeopleSoft. Some stress and behavior tests. Pretty easy interview experience, met people from several teams. Very friendly teams.

Interview Questions

• Describe the various ways that you can create a voucher?
       How would you interface a 3rd party system with PeopleSoft?
      Answer Question

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The recruiters and hiring managers are very professional and responsive. They all replied my emails very quickly and told me exactly what will happen next.

The interviews were typical 3 stages process and took about 3 months to get the offer.

I got an email from the recruiter said she would like to have a call with me to discuss my application. She is very friendly and explained in details what this role is about.

There was a technical interview one week after the screening. The hiring manager is very knowledgeable and knows clearly what type of background and skills he is looking for. He asked very detailed about what I have done in my previous projects and many related technology questions.

I thought I didnt do very well but the recruiter told me that the hiring manager would like to move forward :) The final interview was a presentation to directors, managers and team members. It was very challenging because they played different roles and asked me all kinds of questions. They challenged me on every slide and some questions were very tricky.

I didnt negotiated the package because its what I asked for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Oracle?   Answer Question
    • How do you choose between object and block storage?   Answer Question
    • How do you migrate virtual machines to a different hypervisor?   Answer Question
    • Make sure you know all the details about the projects you have involved.   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

The process included a phone screen with a recruiter which was followed by an on - site with various groups. There were 1:1 with each group during the on-site. Overall the process was very straightforward and simple.

Interview Questions

• I had to go through a few past projects. One of the team also asked me to solve a question.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

The interview process consisted of 1 30 minute phone screen in the beginning to explain the position, 2 one hour phone interviews with hiring manager and another manager on the team, then 3 in person interviews with upper management on campus that were each 1 - 2 hour long.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager would you be most comfortable working with? (Micromanager/Hands-Off)   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very situation based interview. Checking your skill to their job role and if you are a personality fit. Its a large company so heave matrix based questions. How you will deal with people. Intricacies of service model, global teams etc

Interview Questions

• Leadership and change management example. How are you the best fit etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

THE WORST INTERVIEW I HAVE EVER HAD. The manager showed up 10 minutes late, didn't have a room reserved and spent 5 mins looking for a room. 5 of the people I spoke to were nice, one girl (I say girl not woman because she acted like a child) on the team was so rude and condescending I wanted to leave the interview

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team?   1 Answer
    • What Oracle products have you worked with?   1 Answer
    • Is Oracle just a tech company to you?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through University Recruiting.

The interview process was relatively straight forward: I applied online through their specific University Careers website, and received an e-mail soon after. I went through one phone-screening, one on-site interview, and another phone interview. The questions were very simple and all behavioral questions. I was not asked any technical questions. The entire process took about a month.