Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

245 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Applications Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Several series of interviews, including 2 over-the-phone interviews, 1 off-site in-person interview, and 2 on-site in-person presentation interviews. They said this was not a typical interview process, and that I had to go through extra interviews. They said the typical process is a phone interview with the recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person presentation with the hiring manager and team. I spent a total of 2 months and 3 vacation days interviewing.

I like their management team, their direction, and I like their benefits, but I wish they had offered a livable salary for the San Francisco Bay Area.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      How would you be a good fit for Oracle?
      What do you do day-to-day?
      How did I find accounts?
      How would you sift through and quickly get set up with thousands of accounts?
      There are 3 different teams - finance, CX, and ERP; which team do you see yourself on?
      They also asked me a series of questions about my product during the presentation.   Answer Question

No salary was negotiated until the end. They asked for and I gave my salary for the last 5 years. They came back with 40-50% less than what GlassDoor had set my expectations to be, and it was also 25% less than what I was currently making. I requested more for cost of living . HR stuck firm with their lowball offer. declined the job offer due to the salary being significantly lower than the cost-of-living for the area.

To the hiring manager's credit, he tried to get a higher salary. I appreciate him trying - it shows that the management is very good and fights for their team, but HR is inflexible.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Oakland, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

This was for the BMC group, which is much different than the rest of Oracle.

I had a phone screen with an HR person, then a phone interview with the director. Then I came in for a full day of interviews.

The interview was very informal, more like 5, 1 hour conversations, than an interview. The difficult part is that there was no job description, which made it hard to prepare.

Product Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was wonderful. I had 5 interviews in 6 weeks and the recruiter kept me informed the whole time. It started off with 3 phone screens and 2 in person interviews. I over prepared and was surprised when they didn't ask me any situational questions. The only thing is, I know almost every new hire has been given the very lowest in their salary bracket. I think they're trying to cut labor costs.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me very many questions. It was more informative like, "this is the role" ... are you interested?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to by the hiring manager. Soon after we scheduled a phone interview that lasted about an hour. During that phone interview I was asked a lot of questions about myself and my technical skills. I was also asked general questions about why I wanted to work at Oracle, etc. Following the phone interview, an onsite interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• there was a technical project that needed to be implemented onsite   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Negative...Lacked sense of professionalism...Seemed they did not want to take interview nor were prepared for it...Had no prior information on my resume.....They were searching for my resume after process had begun.

Interview Questions

• Questions around Test Plans Test data creation and requirements   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Got contacted by a friend who told me Oracle was looking into hiring employees with Semantic Web background. Got a phone screen, after that, I got a panel interview using Cisco WebEx. After the process I got an offer.
    The panel reviewed all questions about Semantic Web, which were conceptual, but all coding problems required big-o explanations and the advantages and disadvantages against the naive approach.

Interview Questions

• Function to valid a perfect square.   1 Answer
    • Function to convert to convert integers to Roman numerals.
      XLIII -> 43   1 Answer
    • Bit Rotation function.   1 Answer
    • Find the shortest path from the entrance of a binary maze to the given location. Return the size of the shortest path or -1 if there is no path.   1 Answer
    • Implement Cipher and Decipher using Cesar Cipher.   1 Answer

Product Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted directly by the hiring manager within one week of applying online.They set up the phone interview directly.My schedule was very relaxed and I co-operated with scheduling.Finished 3 rounds of interview (30 mins each)within 10 days.The hiring manager was very prompt with the follow-up and was a delight to work with.They scheduled an on site immediately and even send me the detailed instructions about how to get there.It was very smooth and professional until the recruiters stepped in.

I had my 3rd round which was a phone interview with VP.The recruiter here made a mess of my situation.She set up the on site interview with the same VP again.

Fast forward to day of onsite interview....3 hours before the interview (I was already on my way to the HQ),I get an email from recruiter saying that the interview was cancelled because they realized that I already spoke with the VP.I immediately followed up with my hiring manager and told him what happened.He said that there was a small mix up but I was in contention to meet the Senior VP.One week later I follow-up with the recruiter to schedule the on site interview ASAP.He tells me that the hiring manager is vetting other candidates and will schedule an onsite along with another candidate.A week later,I get a mail from recruiter that the hiring manager is reviewing between me and another candidate. I followed up with recruiter again and he tells me that the hiring manager decided to go forward with the other candidate.I get the usual “thank-you-for-your-time-and-goodluck-with-the-job-search” mail.I am shattered with this experience.

The recruiters are very unprofessional and don't even know small basic things like double checking with the concerned interviewers before scheduling the interview.I understand that recruiters are very busy but I cannot respect them If they can't even do their basics right.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on the background and resume.   1 Answer

Sales and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for university recruiting. Step 1. Turn in forms to recruiter (Transcripts/Resume), Step 2. Phone interview with recruiter, Step 3. Phone interview with Regional Manager, Step 4. In-Person interview with Regional Manager, Step 5. Offer

Katie Lafreniere was my recruiter. Considering Oracle is such a big company, she did a great job staying on top of things. Not only did she tell me where I was in the interview process, she provided me with helpful links to prep for the interviews. One of the best recruiters I have had in terms of reliability and updating candidates on their status in the interview process. The only negative was at the end when she said she was "disappointed" in me not accepting the job offer. She did say though at the end of the call that she wishes me good luck before abruptly hanging up. She should have just said she respects my decision and I wish you the best of luck. I think she thought since the beginning of the interview process I had been planning to take another position, but that wasn't the case. I had a hard decision to make, with 2 other job offers on the table. Both of them were offering me slightly more compensation when taking into account the uncapped commission structure. Also, it is harder to advance in Oracle because it is so big, at least based on what former Oracle employees have told me. I would be gaining more skills too, things I couldn't learn at Oracle. I can understand why the recruiter may be frustrated, but sometimes we have to make a decision that is best for us. By going with another offer, I also did what was best for Oracle in the long-term. I don't want to start working for Oracle and leave within a year or two years like some people have done, wasting Oracle's investment in me. I think declining the offer shocked her a little bit because Oracle is so reputable and probably doesn't get "no" on a job offer very often. I felt bad given how hard she worked. After she told me that she needed to be 100% sure I was in before submitting information so I could complete the background check, that's when I told her I did not want to move forward.

Although the interviewers all look quite serious and intimidating and sometimes sounded so on the phone, they all were very nice. I think it is just a tactic to see how you handle stressful situations. Just read up a lot on the job description and make sure you have the relevant experience. Don't just think about Oracle's reputation but also what the best fit is for you. I still really appreciate Katie's efforts though and think she did a excellent job overall.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interviews (Each phone interview lasted 25-30 minutes)
      (1) Why sales?
      (2) Why Oracle?
      (3) Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?
      (4) Explain what you would be doing as a Sales and Business Development Representative
      (5) Explain your background and make sure to tie it into the job description

In-person interview
      (1) Give an example of a time you failed to fulfill a commitment.
      (2) What do you do when you don't finish something right on time as planned? How do you react?
      (3) Give an example of a time of when you had to deal with a difficult person (e.g. manager). How did you handle that?
      (4) How do you deal with rejection?
      (5) Make sure to have a handful of questions prepared.

Hope this helps with preparation for future Oracle applicants!   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview. The recruit manager asked for general background questions, any previous experience that applies to tax, and knowledge of Excel. Didn't discuss any job related question in detail.

Interview Questions

• Describe something you have done that would be valuable in a corporate tax environment.   Answer Question

Build and Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Hard 3 phone interviews with the technical recruiters and one video interview with the senior engineer.
    Was also asked to send in via email a sample code I had written and there were question about my team leadership experience with an example

Interview Questions

• Was asked how builds are done at Oracle and what kind of tools used. Also the type of script language used to build the tools. There was a question about continuous integration. I was asked to install Jenkins on a AWS instance.   1 Answer