Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

in phone interview. was asked algorithm questions such as string substring. binary tree traverse. also technique questions such as concurrent read/write. how to make improvement.
    Also previous working experience, what is the scale of the project, how many years, ever mentor any other people. so on

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Oakland, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

This was for the BMC group, which is much different than the rest of Oracle.

I had a phone screen with an HR person, then a phone interview with the director. Then I came in for a full day of interviews.

The interview was very informal, more like 5, 1 hour conversations, than an interview. The difficult part is that there was no job description, which made it hard to prepare.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to by the hiring manager. Soon after we scheduled a phone interview that lasted about an hour. During that phone interview I was asked a lot of questions about myself and my technical skills. I was also asked general questions about why I wanted to work at Oracle, etc. Following the phone interview, an onsite interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• there was a technical project that needed to be implemented onsite   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Negative...Lacked sense of professionalism...Seemed they did not want to take interview nor were prepared for it...Had no prior information on my resume.....They were searching for my resume after process had begun.

Interview Questions

• Questions around Test Plans Test data creation and requirements   Answer Question

Product Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted directly by the hiring manager within one week of applying online.They set up the phone interview directly.My schedule was very relaxed and I co-operated with scheduling.Finished 3 rounds of interview (30 mins each)within 10 days.The hiring manager was very prompt with the follow-up and was a delight to work with.They scheduled an on site immediately and even send me the detailed instructions about how to get there.It was very smooth and professional until the recruiters stepped in.

I had my 3rd round which was a phone interview with VP.The recruiter here made a mess of my situation.She set up the on site interview with the same VP again.

Fast forward to day of onsite interview....3 hours before the interview (I was already on my way to the HQ),I get an email from recruiter saying that the interview was cancelled because they realized that I already spoke with the VP.I immediately followed up with my hiring manager and told him what happened.He said that there was a small mix up but I was in contention to meet the Senior VP.One week later I follow-up with the recruiter to schedule the on site interview ASAP.He tells me that the hiring manager is vetting other candidates and will schedule an onsite along with another candidate.A week later,I get a mail from recruiter that the hiring manager is reviewing between me and another candidate. I followed up with recruiter again and he tells me that the hiring manager decided to go forward with the other candidate.I get the usual “thank-you-for-your-time-and-goodluck-with-the-job-search” mail.I am shattered with this experience.

The recruiters are very unprofessional and don't even know small basic things like double checking with the concerned interviewers before scheduling the interview.I understand that recruiters are very busy but I cannot respect them If they can't even do their basics right.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on the background and resume.   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview. The recruit manager asked for general background questions, any previous experience that applies to tax, and knowledge of Excel. Didn't discuss any job related question in detail.

Interview Questions

• Describe something you have done that would be valuable in a corporate tax environment.   Answer Question

Build and Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Hard 3 phone interviews with the technical recruiters and one video interview with the senior engineer.
    Was also asked to send in via email a sample code I had written and there were question about my team leadership experience with an example

Interview Questions

• Was asked how builds are done at Oracle and what kind of tools used. Also the type of script language used to build the tools. There was a question about continuous integration. I was asked to install Jenkins on a AWS instance.   1 Answer

Software Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was 35 minutes late and didn’t have my resume with him. His only recollection about my background was that I used to be a VP at my last few jobs. Based on that recollection he started our 17 minutes long conversation with an advise to look for a job someplace else since the position I applied for has only six direct reports. Remaining 15 minutes were spent between an extensive set of questions about inner working of Kafka (interviewer spent an extra minute or two to make sure I understand Kafka has no subscribers, only consumers) and an unexpected (I was on my phone) on-screen coding problem he had a bit of a trouble formulating. Approximately 17 minutes after interview started, hiring manager abruptly interrupted the conversation and said he has to run for another urgent meeting (5:35pm on Friday). I guess he wasn’t much pleased with the conversation either.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to work for Oracle especially since I managed much larger teams before   Answer Question
    • Describe an architecture of a project you are proud of building   Answer Question
    • How to scale Kafka-based infrastructure   Answer Question
    • Merge two pre-sorted integer arrays in the most efficient fashion   Answer Question
    • Are you sure Oracle is the best fit for your background? Have you considered other options out there?   Answer Question
    • Compensation   Answer Question

Strategic Partner Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter went well, and I appreciated the recruiters transparency. They did ask me for my current salary, which I thought was off putting in an initial call. Interview was in their San Francisco office. The interview room was not booked for the entire time, so it was necessary to move conference rooms. The office was fairly quiet, so it was hard to accurately gauge culture of the workplace during my interview.

Interview Questions

• What's a time you worked cross functionally? What was the end-result?   Answer Question

Ergonomic Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

In addition to applying online, I sent my resume to a recruiter at Oracle who I knew from a previous application. She forwarded my resume along. I was contacted for a live interview with the hiring supervisor. I then had a live interview with the team and a key business contact. The interviews were a mix of questions, conversation and learning more about the team and the position.

Interview Questions

• What makes me want to get out of bed in the morning.   1 Answer