Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

253 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Got interviewed by two junk guys from Identity Management team in Oracle Cloud. First of all, they do not have clarity on what they want and they haven't asked any sensible questions to evaluate the candidate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Contacted Recruiter via campus job site, short phone interview (20 -30 mins), onsite interview with various teams, whole process took about 3-4 weeks, behavior questions, good conversations, overall friendly experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

in phone interview. was asked algorithm questions such as string substring. binary tree traverse. also technique questions such as concurrent read/write. how to make improvement.
    Also previous working experience, what is the scale of the project, how many years, ever mentor any other people. so on

Applications Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Several series of interviews, including 2 over-the-phone interviews, 1 off-site in-person interview, and 2 on-site in-person presentation interviews. They said this was not a typical interview process, and that I had to go through extra interviews. They said the typical process is a phone interview with the recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person presentation with the hiring manager and team. I spent a total of 2 months and 3 vacation days interviewing.

I like their management team, their direction, and I like their benefits, but I wish they had offered a livable salary for the San Francisco Bay Area.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      How would you be a good fit for Oracle?
      What do you do day-to-day?
      How did I find accounts?
      How would you sift through and quickly get set up with thousands of accounts?
      There are 3 different teams - finance, CX, and ERP; which team do you see yourself on?
      They also asked me a series of questions about my product during the presentation.   Answer Question

No salary was negotiated until the end. They asked for and I gave my salary for the last 5 years. They came back with 40-50% less than what GlassDoor had set my expectations to be, and it was also 25% less than what I was currently making. I requested more for cost of living . HR stuck firm with their lowball offer. declined the job offer due to the salary being significantly lower than the cost-of-living for the area.

To the hiring manager's credit, he tried to get a higher salary. I appreciate him trying - it shows that the management is very good and fights for their team, but HR is inflexible.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Oakland, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

This was for the BMC group, which is much different than the rest of Oracle.

I had a phone screen with an HR person, then a phone interview with the director. Then I came in for a full day of interviews.

The interview was very informal, more like 5, 1 hour conversations, than an interview. The difficult part is that there was no job description, which made it hard to prepare.

Product Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was wonderful. I had 5 interviews in 6 weeks and the recruiter kept me informed the whole time. It started off with 3 phone screens and 2 in person interviews. I over prepared and was surprised when they didn't ask me any situational questions. The only thing is, I know almost every new hire has been given the very lowest in their salary bracket. I think they're trying to cut labor costs.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me very many questions. It was more informative like, "this is the role" ... are you interested?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to by the hiring manager. Soon after we scheduled a phone interview that lasted about an hour. During that phone interview I was asked a lot of questions about myself and my technical skills. I was also asked general questions about why I wanted to work at Oracle, etc. Following the phone interview, an onsite interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• there was a technical project that needed to be implemented onsite   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Negative...Lacked sense of professionalism...Seemed they did not want to take interview nor were prepared for it...Had no prior information on my resume.....They were searching for my resume after process had begun.

Interview Questions

• Questions around Test Plans Test data creation and requirements   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for Oracle's Enterprise Tech team. I first had a phone screen to make sure I met the requirements for Enterprise Tech. I then interviewed with potential managers in a group panel. Lastly, I interviewed with the director of the specific team. Positive Interview overall

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Got contacted by a friend who told me Oracle was looking into hiring employees with Semantic Web background. Got a phone screen, after that, I got a panel interview using Cisco WebEx. After the process I got an offer.
    The panel reviewed all questions about Semantic Web, which were conceptual, but all coding problems required big-o explanations and the advantages and disadvantages against the naive approach.

Interview Questions

• Function to valid a perfect square.   1 Answer
    • Function to convert to convert integers to Roman numerals.
      XLIII -> 43   1 Answer
    • Bit Rotation function.   1 Answer
    • Find the shortest path from the entrance of a binary maze to the given location. Return the size of the shortest path or -1 if there is no path.   1 Answer
    • Implement Cipher and Decipher using Cesar Cipher.   1 Answer