Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

239 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Lengthy interview process with multiple technical calls. The approval process was long. I did not think I was going to get a call back. I am glad I did not give up, I am very satisfied with my new job. The interviewers were SMEs on the Oracle products giving appropriate feedback on the accuracy of my responses.

Interview Questions

• Describe the usage of Oracle's table partitioning and how it is used to improve performance on queries.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Multiple phone screens followed by onsite interview. Very efficient process. Opportunity to meet many key decision makers. Wonderful opportunity to pitch my ideas for new products and product enhancements.

Interview Questions

• In depth case study question regarding how and why to interface JD Edwards with other manufacturing software and solutions including IoT apps.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Got contacted by a friend who told me Oracle was looking into hiring employees with Semantic Web background. Got a phone screen, after that, I got a panel interview using Cisco WebEx. After the process I got an offer.
    The panel reviewed all questions about Semantic Web, which were conceptual, but all coding problems required big-o explanations and the advantages and disadvantages against the naive approach.

Interview Questions

• Function to valid a perfect square.   1 Answer
    • Function to convert to convert integers to Roman numerals.
      XLIII -> 43   1 Answer
    • Bit Rotation function.   1 Answer
    • Find the shortest path from the entrance of a binary maze to the given location. Return the size of the shortest path or -1 if there is no path.   1 Answer
    • Implement Cipher and Decipher using Cesar Cipher.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

-Rigorous, lengthy, detail-oriented
    -Be ready to speak towards your resume, accolades, B2B sales experience
    -Be ready to speak in detail regarding your experiences finding and closing complex deals
    -Be confident, witty, and intelligent
    -Be genuine

Interview Questions

• -Why Oracle?
      -What makes you different from everyone else?
      -Sell me this technology - go.. (role play)   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very situation based interview. Checking your skill to their job role and if you are a personality fit. Its a large company so heave matrix based questions. How you will deal with people. Intricacies of service model, global teams etc

Interview Questions

• Leadership and change management example. How are you the best fit etc.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had submitted my resume in one of the Career fair. I was later contacted by the HR to submit resume and within a couple of weeks got response from different teams. I was then asked for dates to fly to the head quarters and had interviews with 5 different teams. Most of the interviews started with HR questions and then moved to programming questions. The programming questions were mostly based on dynamic programming and recursion. The interviews were scheduled over 2 days. The HR contacted me in 2 weeks with the offer. The entire process was well organised.

Interview Questions

• Find all the subsets from a given set of numbers that summed to a particular value including repetitions   Answer Question
    • Find the length of the maximal subtree for a given tree such that the child nodes were one greater than the parent node   Answer Question
    • How would sort an array of size 10 gb using a system with only 1 gb of memory   Answer Question
    • Find kth element from the end of a linked list   Answer Question

Director Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Thorough and can take weeks to get through, so need to be patient. phone screen, then in person, then in person with VPs. Had to present the market overview on a whiteboard and be ready to prove my skills and knowledge. Oracle is a world class org and wants great people to help win and manage enterprise businesses. The process is designed to weed out those who won't present well to clients.

Interview Questions

• be ready to talk about the market your are selling into or marketing to, be ready to whiteboard or impress that you will be a self-starting, go getter.   1 Answer

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The recruiters and hiring managers are very professional and responsive. They all replied my emails very quickly and told me exactly what will happen next.

The interviews were typical 3 stages process and took about 3 months to get the offer.

I got an email from the recruiter said she would like to have a call with me to discuss my application. She is very friendly and explained in details what this role is about.

There was a technical interview one week after the screening. The hiring manager is very knowledgeable and knows clearly what type of background and skills he is looking for. He asked very detailed about what I have done in my previous projects and many related technology questions.

I thought I didnt do very well but the recruiter told me that the hiring manager would like to move forward :) The final interview was a presentation to directors, managers and team members. It was very challenging because they played different roles and asked me all kinds of questions. They challenged me on every slide and some questions were very tricky.

I didnt negotiated the package because its what I asked for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Oracle?   Answer Question
    • How do you choose between object and block storage?   Answer Question
    • How do you migrate virtual machines to a different hypervisor?   Answer Question
    • Make sure you know all the details about the projects you have involved.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

The interview process consisted of 1 30 minute phone screen in the beginning to explain the position, 2 one hour phone interviews with hiring manager and another manager on the team, then 3 in person interviews with upper management on campus that were each 1 - 2 hour long.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager would you be most comfortable working with? (Micromanager/Hands-Off)   1 Answer

Field Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Invited to apply for the position by the group vice president, who got my name and resume from a fellow employee. Had one half-hour phone interview with the group vice president, followed by two hour-long phone interviews/presentations with the regional director (who was also the hiring manager). After that, I was invited to fly out to the Bay Area for two 2-hour interviews and presentations, one with the group vice president and the other with the regional director. I was given a verbal offer shortly after the conclusion of the second of these two interviews, followed shortly after by an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Walk me start-to-finish through the largest/most strategic deal you've closed in your career.   Answer Question