Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

236 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

1. Resume review
    2. Phone Screening
    3. On-Site interviews

Interview Questions

• 1. Real coding questions in the programming languages
      2. Mathematical Algorithms   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Internal hiring, interviewed by a Director (who was also my then current manager) and another Senior Manager in a different team, jointly.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall to that level of detail. Mostly the interview was focused on judgement and behaviour in management settings.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as I moved from an IC role to a management role.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Interview

Since I joined as an employee thru acquisition, there was no interview process

Negotiation

No negotiation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was not difficult but it is worthwhile to be prepared for questions you know they might ask. The interview process involves 3 separate interviews round robin style. At the end you will have spoken to 2 RMs and a Director and they will each have met with 3 candidates before meeting to decide if you get an offer or a pass.
    Typically the notice comes in a few days. You should close for the job in each interview. If you succeed you still have to wait for them to get the approval to formally say yes.
    Know what Oracle is messaging and how that message relates to the target role. Be prepared to objection handle for the obvious resume facts... they will be looking for a solid acknowledgement of the question, a brief response to address it and then how you manage to steer the conversation in a positive direction. They will ask the "what's you biggest weakness?" question. Have examples or stories ready to talk about how you managed similar challenges or met similar goals in the past. Just make sure to ask for the job with every interviewer. If you don't it's an auto reject.

Interview Questions

• What is more important...Tactics or Strategy?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest talent you bring to the company and what's your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Why should I hire you?   Answer Question
    • What's the most important qualifier to identify when uncovering a potential deal...Timeframe, Budget, or .....?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied for a consultant position at university. Was promptly notified and had an interview within the next three days.

Sales Academy: Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

As a graduating college senior, it was extremely easy to apply. I emailed the campus recruiter and she said she could interview me later that same day. She asked me a few personality questions, a few questions about my most applicable work experience, what my understanding of the position I was applying for is, and that was about it. Extremely personable, was almost trying to get me to want to job more than trying to grill me. Although, in all fairness, I came recommended by two current employees and had a tremendous amount of relevant experience for a college student. The second round was over the phone and asked most of the same questions as the first round in person. It was a joke how easy it was and I can't imagine anyone having a hard time if they know anything about what someone in sales does.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself competitive, and if so, can you provide some examples?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Director of Pricing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Very laid-back. After a phone screen with the recruiter, I got invited to a meeting with the hiring manager. We "clicked" quickly.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember. It didn't really feel like an interview, more of a discussion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only thing that one can negotiate is the starting salary. There is nothing else on the offer. So my advise is: negotiate it well, you don't know when you will have a raise.

Associate Internet Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I received an email through my university department that Oracle was looking for hires, so I forwarded my resume. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, who was very negative about my demeanor and told me that I would have to improve when talking to the hiring managed. Briefly introduced myself to the recruiter at the career fair the following week. After the career fair, they invited everyone who had spoke to them to pizza that night. Following this, I received an invite for a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I did the following week. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. The manager seemed completely uninterested in my background and really just wanted to make sure that I knew what I was getting myself into. I got a call later that evening telling me I had got the job. Overall, the whole experience lasted less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult, it was all straightforward situation/behavior questions.   Answer Question

Because I could tell from the entire recruitment process that they were not interested in my background or skills, they just wanted warm bodies to fill this position. It seemed WAY too easy to get this job, and thus it appeared that it was a undesirable position. I know several other people who took this job coming out of college, and are now actively looking for other jobs because they didn't like this one.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

phone which takes 1 hour, then called to do an onsite interview, there are 5 or 6, I don't really remember, overall the interview experience is good, questions been asked are all quite easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no gegotiation

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

This was one of the easiest interviews. I was recruited from the Cal Poly, SLO career fair. I handed a recruiter my resume and they emailed me regarding an interest in my resume. From there, I underwent a series of three over-the-phone interviews. One, with a recruiter, and the other two with two different managers. All three interviews were extremely easy, with some of the most generic questions. I answered them honestly and confidently and was hired 2 weeks later.