Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.8

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

This interview process consisted of an onsite interview at my university's campus with a recruiter and current sales development rep, and 2 phone calls with other Oracle Sales personnel. It was a fairly standard interview process, no curve ball questions.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Multiple phone screens followed by onsite interview. Very efficient process. Opportunity to meet many key decision makers. Wonderful opportunity to pitch my ideas for new products and product enhancements.

Interview Questions

• In depth case study question regarding how and why to interface JD Edwards with other manufacturing software and solutions including IoT apps.   1 Answer

Sales and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for university recruiting. Step 1. Turn in forms to recruiter (Transcripts/Resume), Step 2. Phone interview with recruiter, Step 3. Phone interview with Regional Manager, Step 4. In-Person interview with Regional Manager, Step 5. Offer

Katie Lafreniere was my recruiter. Considering Oracle is such a big company, she did a great job staying on top of things. Not only did she tell me where I was in the interview process, she provided me with helpful links to prep for the interviews. One of the best recruiters I have had in terms of reliability and updating candidates on their status in the interview process. The only negative was at the end when she said she was "disappointed" in me not accepting the job offer. She did say though at the end of the call that she wishes me good luck before abruptly hanging up. She should have just said she respects my decision and I wish you the best of luck. I think she thought since the beginning of the interview process I had been planning to take another position, but that wasn't the case. I had a hard decision to make, with 2 other job offers on the table. Both of them were offering me slightly more compensation when taking into account the uncapped commission structure. Also, it is harder to advance in Oracle because it is so big, at least based on what former Oracle employees have told me. I would be gaining more skills too, things I couldn't learn at Oracle. I can understand why the recruiter may be frustrated, but sometimes we have to make a decision that is best for us. By going with another offer, I also did what was best for Oracle in the long-term. I don't want to start working for Oracle and leave within a year or two years like some people have done, wasting Oracle's investment in me. I think declining the offer shocked her a little bit because Oracle is so reputable and probably doesn't get "no" on a job offer very often. I felt bad given how hard she worked. After she told me that she needed to be 100% sure I was in before submitting information so I could complete the background check, that's when I told her I did not want to move forward.

Although the interviewers all look quite serious and intimidating and sometimes sounded so on the phone, they all were very nice. I think it is just a tactic to see how you handle stressful situations. Just read up a lot on the job description and make sure you have the relevant experience. Don't just think about Oracle's reputation but also what the best fit is for you. I still really appreciate Katie's efforts though and think she did a excellent job overall.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interviews (Each phone interview lasted 25-30 minutes)
      (1) Why sales?
      (2) Why Oracle?
      (3) Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?
      (4) Explain what you would be doing as a Sales and Business Development Representative
      (5) Explain your background and make sure to tie it into the job description

In-person interview
      (1) Give an example of a time you failed to fulfill a commitment.
      (2) What do you do when you don't finish something right on time as planned? How do you react?
      (3) Give an example of a time of when you had to deal with a difficult person (e.g. manager). How did you handle that?
      (4) How do you deal with rejection?
      (5) Make sure to have a handful of questions prepared.

Hope this helps with preparation for future Oracle applicants!
      Answer Question

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Three interviews total including phone and two in-person interviews. Things went very well, in my opinion, and things were looking promising then they just went MIA. No follow-up as to whether the job was filled and when I attempted to contact any of the employees (recruiter that originally contacted me and two of the interviewers) after 2 weeks of silence they said something along the lines of, "yeah, someone will let you know..." and then nothing. I attempted to contact them once before and they just never responded to my email.
    This is a company that employs some of the most UNPROFESSIONAL employees and it's incredibly rude to interview a candidate and have them come into the office to in two separate occasions (one of which wasn't planned and a last minute "hey can you come in today?") and then not bother giving them a courtesy "Job was filled" or "no thank you". Since then I've made it a point to let everyone I know that ever interviews with them - expect to be left in the dark and not know if the position you applied for has been filled because it seems that this is a "normal" occurrence at this company and their M.O. I often tell people not to bother considering now they've all over the front page of the newspaper about how horrible they treat their sales staff and take their commission. I would be embarrassed to say I work here and my interview was years ago so it was a blessing in disguise that I didn't get hired because I want to be proud of the company I work for and this is NOT a company anyone should be proud to say they work for!

Interview Questions

• Textbook BS that they probably Googled before the interview - "Can you tell me a time where you had to "put out a fire" and how you handled it?
      "What are your strengths and what are your weaknesses?" That should tell you the kind of unintelligence this place employs. Can't even come up with actual intelligent questions on your own..? I was asked these dumb questions by all interviewers. Pathetic.
      Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

long and boring. standard questions about E&E, situational awareness and responses. knowledge of licensing of other competing products and services. Seem to emphasize globalization of products and holistic approach to leveraging products across platforms and environnments.

Interview Questions

• Past experience with reactive application design   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Got contacted by a friend who told me Oracle was looking into hiring employees with Semantic Web background. Got a phone screen, after that, I got a panel interview using Cisco WebEx. After the process I got an offer.
    The panel reviewed all questions about Semantic Web, which were conceptual, but all coding problems required big-o explanations and the advantages and disadvantages against the naive approach.

Interview Questions

• Function to valid a perfect square.   1 Answer
    • Function to convert to convert integers to Roman numerals.
      XLIII -> 43
      1 Answer
    • Bit Rotation function.   1 Answer
    • Find the shortest path from the entrance of a binary maze to the given location. Return the size of the shortest path or -1 if there is no path.   1 Answer
    • Implement Cipher and Decipher using Cesar Cipher.   1 Answer

Product Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted directly by the hiring manager within one week of applying online.They set up the phone interview directly.My schedule was very relaxed and I co-operated with scheduling.Finished 3 rounds of interview (30 mins each)within 10 days.The hiring manager was very prompt with the follow-up and was a delight to work with.They scheduled an on site immediately and even send me the detailed instructions about how to get there.It was very smooth and professional until the recruiters stepped in.

I had my 3rd round which was a phone interview with VP.The recruiter here made a mess of my situation.She set up the on site interview with the same VP again.

Fast forward to day of onsite interview....3 hours before the interview (I was already on my way to the HQ),I get an email from recruiter saying that the interview was cancelled because they realized that I already spoke with the VP.I immediately followed up with my hiring manager and told him what happened.He said that there was a small mix up but I was in contention to meet the Senior VP.One week later I follow-up with the recruiter to schedule the on site interview ASAP.He tells me that the hiring manager is vetting other candidates and will schedule an onsite along with another candidate.A week later,I get a mail from recruiter that the hiring manager is reviewing between me and another candidate. I followed up with recruiter again and he tells me that the hiring manager decided to go forward with the other candidate.I get the usual “thank-you-for-your-time-and-goodluck-with-the-job-search” mail.I am shattered with this experience.

The recruiters are very unprofessional and don't even know small basic things like double checking with the concerned interviewers before scheduling the interview.I understand that recruiters are very busy but I cannot respect them If they can't even do their basics right.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on the background and resume.   1 Answer

Build and Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Hard 3 phone interviews with the technical recruiters and one video interview with the senior engineer.
    Was also asked to send in via email a sample code I had written and there were question about my team leadership experience with an example

Interview Questions

• Was asked how builds are done at Oracle and what kind of tools used. Also the type of script language used to build the tools. There was a question about continuous integration. I was asked to install Jenkins on a AWS instance.   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Super simple and straight forward. You'll have three total interviews: recruiter, manager, then one with the hiring managers on site if preferred.
    They really ask you why sales and what you'd bring to the table based on your background
    No sales experience needed, you'll learn everything later

Sales and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and listed my email at the booth. I received an email asking me to apply to the program if I was still interested. A day after I emailed her my resume, she asked to schedule a 30 min phone interview. This first interview you must be able to show that you did research on the position and explain why you're interested in sales. I think she also just wants to gauge if you are comfortable speaking on the phone. She moved me on a next round interview at the end of the phone call. My 30 min second round phone interview (about a week later) was with a sales manager and current employee at the Santa Monica office. They really grilled me on why I want to go into sales in this one. She referred me to the final round interview at the end of that call. I then scheduled my final interview at HQ in Redwood Shores. There I interviewed with the Class of Program manager and then waked around HQ with two of the employees there. That was more conversational and looking for fit but she still asked me interview-like questions. Overall, really positive experience. They move you really quickly through the recruitment pipeline and it's a pretty easy interviewing process.

FYI, they really like when you "close" the interview. So at the end of each conversation, ask for feedback.