Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

250 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for university recruiting. Step 1. Turn in forms to recruiter (Transcripts/Resume), Step 2. Phone interview with recruiter, Step 3. Phone interview with Regional Manager, Step 4. In-Person interview with Regional Manager, Step 5. Offer

Katie Lafreniere was my recruiter. Considering Oracle is such a big company, she did a great job staying on top of things. Not only did she tell me where I was in the interview process, she provided me with helpful links to prep for the interviews. One of the best recruiters I have had in terms of reliability and updating candidates on their status in the interview process. The only negative was at the end when she said she was "disappointed" in me not accepting the job offer. She did say though at the end of the call that she wishes me good luck before abruptly hanging up. She should have just said she respects my decision and I wish you the best of luck. I think she thought since the beginning of the interview process I had been planning to take another position, but that wasn't the case. I had a hard decision to make, with 2 other job offers on the table. Both of them were offering me slightly more compensation when taking into account the uncapped commission structure. Also, it is harder to advance in Oracle because it is so big, at least based on what former Oracle employees have told me. I would be gaining more skills too, things I couldn't learn at Oracle. I can understand why the recruiter may be frustrated, but sometimes we have to make a decision that is best for us. By going with another offer, I also did what was best for Oracle in the long-term. I don't want to start working for Oracle and leave within a year or two years like some people have done, wasting Oracle's investment in me. I think declining the offer shocked her a little bit because Oracle is so reputable and probably doesn't get "no" on a job offer very often. I felt bad given how hard she worked. After she told me that she needed to be 100% sure I was in before submitting information so I could complete the background check, that's when I told her I did not want to move forward.

Although the interviewers all look quite serious and intimidating and sometimes sounded so on the phone, they all were very nice. I think it is just a tactic to see how you handle stressful situations. Just read up a lot on the job description and make sure you have the relevant experience. Don't just think about Oracle's reputation but also what the best fit is for you. I still really appreciate Katie's efforts though and think she did a excellent job overall.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interviews (Each phone interview lasted 25-30 minutes)
      (1) Why sales?
      (2) Why Oracle?
      (3) Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?
      (4) Explain what you would be doing as a Sales and Business Development Representative
      (5) Explain your background and make sure to tie it into the job description

In-person interview
      (1) Give an example of a time you failed to fulfill a commitment.
      (2) What do you do when you don't finish something right on time as planned? How do you react?
      (3) Give an example of a time of when you had to deal with a difficult person (e.g. manager). How did you handle that?
      (4) How do you deal with rejection?
      (5) Make sure to have a handful of questions prepared.

Hope this helps with preparation for future Oracle applicants!   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview. The recruit manager asked for general background questions, any previous experience that applies to tax, and knowledge of Excel. Didn't discuss any job related question in detail.

Interview Questions

• Describe something you have done that would be valuable in a corporate tax environment.   Answer Question

Build and Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Hard 3 phone interviews with the technical recruiters and one video interview with the senior engineer.
    Was also asked to send in via email a sample code I had written and there were question about my team leadership experience with an example

Interview Questions

• Was asked how builds are done at Oracle and what kind of tools used. Also the type of script language used to build the tools. There was a question about continuous integration. I was asked to install Jenkins on a AWS instance.   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Foster City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I only interview with two people: the college recruiter and the Tax Director of my department. the interview was really easy and straight forward. the first interview was just about my resume and my past experiences. the second interview was about what they do in Oracle and how they approach the tax issues.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

1. Standard interview process
    2. Multiple rounds - phone and face to face
    3. Easy to gather material for interview as there is a lot on their website
    4. Quite friendly panel of interviewers

Software Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was 35 minutes late and didn’t have my resume with him. His only recollection about my background was that I used to be a VP at my last few jobs. Based on that recollection he started our 17 minutes long conversation with an advise to look for a job someplace else since the position I applied for has only six direct reports. Remaining 15 minutes were spent between an extensive set of questions about inner working of Kafka (interviewer spent an extra minute or two to make sure I understand Kafka has no subscribers, only consumers) and an unexpected (I was on my phone) on-screen coding problem he had a bit of a trouble formulating. Approximately 17 minutes after interview started, hiring manager abruptly interrupted the conversation and said he has to run for another urgent meeting (5:35pm on Friday). I guess he wasn’t much pleased with the conversation either.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to work for Oracle especially since I managed much larger teams before   Answer Question
    • Describe an architecture of a project you are proud of building   Answer Question
    • How to scale Kafka-based infrastructure   Answer Question
    • Merge two pre-sorted integer arrays in the most efficient fashion   Answer Question
    • Are you sure Oracle is the best fit for your background? Have you considered other options out there?   Answer Question
    • Compensation   Answer Question

Sales and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and listed my email at the booth. I received an email asking me to apply to the program if I was still interested. A day after I emailed her my resume, she asked to schedule a 30 min phone interview. This first interview you must be able to show that you did research on the position and explain why you're interested in sales. I think she also just wants to gauge if you are comfortable speaking on the phone. She moved me on a next round interview at the end of the phone call. My 30 min second round phone interview (about a week later) was with a sales manager and current employee at the Santa Monica office. They really grilled me on why I want to go into sales in this one. She referred me to the final round interview at the end of that call. I then scheduled my final interview at HQ in Redwood Shores. There I interviewed with the Class of Program manager and then waked around HQ with two of the employees there. That was more conversational and looking for fit but she still asked me interview-like questions. Overall, really positive experience. They move you really quickly through the recruitment pipeline and it's a pretty easy interviewing process.

FYI, they really like when you "close" the interview. So at the end of each conversation, ask for feedback.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

long and boring. standard questions about E&E, situational awareness and responses. knowledge of licensing of other competing products and services. Seem to emphasize globalization of products and holistic approach to leveraging products across platforms and environnments.

Interview Questions

• Past experience with reactive application design   1 Answer

Strategic Partner Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter went well, and I appreciated the recruiters transparency. They did ask me for my current salary, which I thought was off putting in an initial call. Interview was in their San Francisco office. The interview room was not booked for the entire time, so it was necessary to move conference rooms. The office was fairly quiet, so it was hard to accurately gauge culture of the workplace during my interview.

Interview Questions

• What's a time you worked cross functionally? What was the end-result?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Three interviews, two on the phone and one in person. In the first two is about how you sound on the phone because the job is largely based on cold calling. They want to make sure that you will stay with the job for awhile and not just do it for a few months and leave. And the third interview is the final round to make sure you are the right fit.

Interview Questions

• What has drawn you to sales? What are other roles you are applying for? How do you deal with rejection?   Answer Question