Oracle Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.8

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

There were five set of interviews over a period of two months. After that I was invited for onsite. There were bunch of interviews from the senior executives. Most over the phone and then two onsite interviews

Interview Questions

• The process was to demonstrate my technical skills followed by my sales acumen   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was simple. Not much room to negotiate.

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process is quite simple. Depends on what team and what position you are interviewing with. I met with three teams at the Oracle HQs in Redwood shores in a single day. Also had a lunch with an alumni of my school. The whole process was very smooth. HRs are very nice and the people who interviewed me are also very friendly. They didn't ask any challenging question. We talked about my background and what their group do for most of the time with some basic questions on Java, multithreading and Algortihms.

Interview Questions

• Some teams ask technical(Algorithms and Java) questions while others concentrate on behavioral and communication skills.
      Algorithm question- Print the complete ancestral chain in a given n-Array tree.(You have to print all the parents till the root of each node of a given n-Array tree)
      Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Overall, very relaxed. There were two interviewers from the team and they both just asked questions to get to know me. The office is very nice and inviting and the location is beautiful. The actual interview lasted no more than 45 minutes and was conducted in a small office room. The interviewers walked me out afterward and told me we would be in contact. The position went to someone else though.

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Oracle has a list of universities, if your university is in the list and your GPA is higher than 3.7 or 3.8, you are likely to get the interview. And depends on your skill set, you will be likely to place at different department.
    As for intern, because intern stay a short time, so most interns are technical interns doing prototyping and UI engineering.
    First was phone call interview, this was a 1-1 questions and answers. And after the answers walked through some projects that designers had done before. Meanwhile, Oracle interviewer would check if these projects matched to any specific team.

OTD Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had 2 phone screenings and 2 live interviews. Both were well done and focused on my experience and what I would bring to the team. It took a long time to get through the process, but they were up front about that from the beginning.

Applications Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter, and had simple phone interview, then was arranged for the campus interview. i was interviewed by three managers for around one and half hours. first manager asked very detailed questions, they wanted to make sure that you are comfortable for the cold calling and work under pressure... second and last manager asked more broad questions...

Sales and Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I got an interview from a career fair on my college campus. The process was pretty short with just a phone interview with the career fair recruiter then another phone interview and then I got the job offer. The phone interviews were mostly behavioral questions and weren't anything hard. The process went very smoothly and was very quick.

I had another job offer

Sales and Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Heard about the opening through my university recruitment program. Went to info session, really liked the people. Applied, in a week had a few phone interviews, as well as one on site in person interview. Positive experience, almost all the questions were behavioral. Learned about great training, career opportunities, benefits, MBA option.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation you had to deal with an unsatisfied customer. How did you manage the situation?   1 Answer

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Overall very easy. I was recruited via LinkedIn, then had 3 phone interviews (probably because I lived in a different part of the state). First was with a recruiter and the second with a Sales Manager, the third with a Regional Manager (both in the Sales Org). Total process took less than 3 weeks. Recruiters were helpful in prepping questions, answering any questions for tips, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why Oracle, why sales, tell me about your background and work experience, tell me of a goal you accomplished you are proud of, how do you handle rejection, do you prefer working in a team or individual, what are your long-term career goals   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Met with 3 Groups on 2 different days. Oracle people are very nice, from Recruiters to managers. They managed to create a pleasant conversational environment and never put pressure on you. Very few technical questions, the process is quite smooth. They arranged lunch with two alumni, very informative and considerate. But they raise a high bar for selecting candidates for onsite. I think this is why Oracle interview is easy but still can hire talented people.

Interview Questions

• It depends on groups that are interested in you. Some groups asks algorithm coding questions while others place more emphasis on communication and behavior. Anyway, you can assume nothing in advance, be prepared for data structure, algorithms and basic technical questions. After all, for a software engineer position, the responsibility is to write code every day.   Answer Question