Oracle Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I met with a few teams that were interested with me. Each team had 3 technical interviewers and then a non-technical meeting with the hiring manager to discuss team fit. The questions ranged from hardware block diagrams to computer architecture concepts to basic software algorithms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was entirely from my projects on the resume and a few basic computer architecture concepts. I was asked Cache coherence, branch predictors, memory consistency and Out of Order Tomasulo Algorithm. 7 rounds of 1 hour each. 10 am to 5 pm. Just one interviewer asked puzzles. All other rounds were technical.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Initially a phone screen by recruiter then a phone interview. I had 4 1 to 1 interviews onsite. 3 technical round and 1 behavioral. Not very tough. At the end of the process I talked with the hiring manager and he says the work is in a complete different language than which I was interested. I had already stated my interest and this was dissapointing

Solaris Virtualization Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

1 hour interview, simple system questions. Explain stack growth, write a 2 thread ping-pong solution, etc. They have a criteria to choose students with at least a GPA of 3.9 or above. Which is bad in some sense. Easy to crack, after you get the call. HR is friendly. People are friendly.

Interview Questions

• Explain stack growth, write a 2 thread ping-pong solution, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I did not apply for this job. However, the recruiter reach me and sent me an email to ask me if I want to go to Oracle and have an onsite interview.The recruiter is passionate and very willing to help. They did reimburse and sponsor your trip there and kind to pay a descent cuisine. Their campus is nice and they pay very well.

Interview Questions

• The architecture of Operating system. Design an elevator system. Some basic knowledge of bash/Git. Background checking and talking about their project.   Answer Question

Supplier Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then i met with 2 peers before meeting in person with the hiring manager. The interview used what seemed to be a standard interview template from HR. My hiring manager just followed this script and at the end left some time for some questions and comments.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to move to this position, what my previous experience is, situational questions about decision making in current role   Answer Question

Principal Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I had interviews with four groups in one day, travelled to both the HQ and santa clara campus. All the managers are kind and encouraging, talked most about the projects that I have done from my resume. Had a three night stay at SF. After I got back, heard back from the HR after a week and got n oral offer, one week later got the official offer form Oracle.

Interview Questions

• Had a couple of brain twisters and VLSI related question such as dynamic circuits and my project   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Two employees asked me a few open-ended design questions related to distributed systems. No coding is involved. I do not remember if I signed anything to keep those questions in secret.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

One telephonic interview with the hiring manager, he just asked about my previous experience and the about the role, team and what they do.
    Onsite interview, 5 rounds total. basically they asked about the data structure problems hash table implementation, bit manipulation problems, system design problem, multi threading in enqueue and dequeue operation, debugging questions etc.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone call with hiring manager. 1 Phone interview and later 4 rounds of 1 hour each onsite. Interview questions a mixed bag of Data Structures , Algorithms and Behavioral. Asked questions from previous experiences from the CV.

Interview Questions

• Travelling Salesman problem , Discussion of trees / Graphs and their implementation.   1 Answer