Oracle Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone call with hiring manager. 1 Phone interview and later 4 rounds of 1 hour each onsite. Interview questions a mixed bag of Data Structures , Algorithms and Behavioral. Asked questions from previous experiences from the CV.

Interview Questions

• Travelling Salesman problem , Discussion of trees / Graphs and their implementation.   1 Answer

Hardware Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I received a call after applying through my university. I was phone screened and various standard text book questions from were asked for 1 hour. The interviewer tested the breadth of knowledge across circuits, RTL & implementation and architecture. On the basis of the performance in the interview I got multiple calls from various teams spanning architecture, circuits and verification. I agreed to interviewing with a few of them based on their job descriptions and was called for onsite interview where the depth of knowledge is checked by all the teams. The interviews were mostly grilling with each team taking upto 4 rounds of 1:1 interviews. The results were given in just 2-3 days and multiple teams can make an offer. Salary and perks negotiations begin only once you give a green signal to a particular team.

Interview Questions

• Basic RTL questions on FSMs, full VLSI flow from synthesis to gds, clock gating, SRAM internal circuits, STA timing questions, inverter and buffer characteristics, low power methodologies, NAND gate implementation of gates and timing and layout   Answer Question

Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Got a phone interview, and after a week set an onsite interview with four technical staffs.

Supplier Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then i met with 2 peers before meeting in person with the hiring manager. The interview used what seemed to be a standard interview template from HR. My hiring manager just followed this script and at the end left some time for some questions and comments.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to move to this position, what my previous experience is, situational questions about decision making in current role   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I met with a few teams that were interested with me. Each team had 3 technical interviewers and then a non-technical meeting with the hiring manager to discuss team fit. The questions ranged from hardware block diagrams to computer architecture concepts to basic software algorithms.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Follow regular process (phone screening by manager, face2face interview with senior engineers and director). They asked questions mostly in the resume, the outcome was good, got hire after 1 week

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was entirely from my projects on the resume and a few basic computer architecture concepts. I was asked Cache coherence, branch predictors, memory consistency and Out of Order Tomasulo Algorithm. 7 rounds of 1 hour each. 10 am to 5 pm. Just one interviewer asked puzzles. All other rounds were technical.

Interview Questions

• Different types of caches.   1 Answer

Solaris Virtualization Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

1 hour interview, simple system questions. Explain stack growth, write a 2 thread ping-pong solution, etc. They have a criteria to choose students with at least a GPA of 3.9 or above. Which is bad in some sense. Easy to crack, after you get the call. HR is friendly. People are friendly.

Interview Questions

• Explain stack growth, write a 2 thread ping-pong solution, etc.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

one Phone screen interview followed by 6-7 onsite interviews. The complete interview process went smoothly. It was very well managed. Onsite interviews are mainly focusing on technical skills review. It was mainly 1:1 interviews using white board. Some practical scenarios are explained and then questions were asked to solve the problems.

Interview Questions

• Skills review and some IO tests   1 Answer

Principal Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I had interviews with four groups in one day, travelled to both the HQ and santa clara campus. All the managers are kind and encouraging, talked most about the projects that I have done from my resume. Had a three night stay at SF. After I got back, heard back from the HR after a week and got n oral offer, one week later got the official offer form Oracle.

Interview Questions

• Had a couple of brain twisters and VLSI related question such as dynamic circuits and my project   Answer Question