Oracle Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.7

Hardware Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Interview

contacted by recruiter. set up multiple phone screens and you interview on site with those who are interested. While the phone interview questions are relevant to the position the onsite questions were meaningless. There were 0 technical questions, only puzzles. The whole process is extremely biased and the is definitely hiring favoritism as qualified candidates have not been hired while unqualified are hired (given they share a "similar" trait as the hiring manager).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Some of the interviewers were chatting with somebody using their cell phones. They didn't respect people! I decided not to answer any questions when I found that. I don't want to work with these people!

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through the career fair for summer internship and received a call a long while later for full-time. I had a phone screen for two teams first and then interviewed for 4 teams (3 in Santa Clara and 1 in Austin). 3 of the teams were for Design Verification (networking, SoC and core) and 1 RTL design team (L2 cache). I had a good experience with the process.
    The teams are quite good and the only drawback I felt from my interactions were regarding their design cycles. It is too slow and I felt that I could learn faster at their competitors even though they pay lesser.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked ranged from computer architecture basics (pipeline, cache coherency protocols, multi-threading) to memory management, verification concepts, C, assembly and verilog programming.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Got an email from the recruiter (had submitted the resume during the career fair). HR provided a list of groups out of which we can select any number depending on our interest. Interviewed with 4 groups (1 hour 30 min each) back-to-back and got an offer from one of the managers on that day itself. That turned out to be best possible scenario since I wanted to work with that group right from the day I had chosen the group as one of my potential interests. Questions involved identifying bugs in a code, deep OS questions, white-board coding. Rigorous but delightful.

Negotiation

I got a more than expected offer and did not wish to negotiate on that considering the potential growth in the team.

Hardware Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I received a call after applying through my university. I was phone screened and various standard text book questions from were asked for 1 hour. The interviewer tested the breadth of knowledge across circuits, RTL & implementation and architecture. On the basis of the performance in the interview I got multiple calls from various teams spanning architecture, circuits and verification. I agreed to interviewing with a few of them based on their job descriptions and was called for onsite interview where the depth of knowledge is checked by all the teams. The interviews were mostly grilling with each team taking upto 4 rounds of 1:1 interviews. The results were given in just 2-3 days and multiple teams can make an offer. Salary and perks negotiations begin only once you give a green signal to a particular team.

Interview Questions

• Basic RTL questions on FSMs, full VLSI flow from synthesis to gds, clock gating, SRAM internal circuits, STA timing questions, inverter and buffer characteristics, low power methodologies, NAND gate implementation of gates and timing and layout   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Follow regular process (phone screening by manager, face2face interview with senior engineers and director). They asked questions mostly in the resume, the outcome was good, got hire after 1 week

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied to a link: college_us
    If you are from a good university and good GPA then you get a call else no response.
    Once you get a call, they send your resume to different teams and the teams that like it call you.
    When you go for the interview you are treated like a CEO - limo/hotel (two bathrooms :) )
    Interview is pretty straight forward.
    Then you return happy (usually!)

Interview Questions

• Simple basic questions usually - Design pattern - Singleton, Java basics, linkedlist
      I was also asked a puzzle.
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Took 2 weeks +. first had a phone screen with the Senior Project Manager. IT was strait fwd and std java questions. Called for inperson interview. Lasted for 4.5 hrs. Meet more than 7 people of the team. Most of them went well except one lady. she seemed to be rude and interrupted almost every time. Very annoying.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all java related:
      1) static in java
      6) collection related questions. Problem related to hashmap
      7) sql queries on outer join and inner join
      8) rest web service problem
      9) tic tac toe problem
      thats most of them i remember.
      Answer Question

HW Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Standard process. Got call when I was in college. Met multiple teams, questions were mostly standard questions for instance Fifo design, tomosula algorithm, some puzzles etc
    Interviewed with around 3 teams in same day, ~8 hours of interview quite a few questions were repeated among teams as they seem to have standard questions.

Interview Questions

I was more interested in system SW & got another offer from competing organization

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

One phone interview followed by one onsite interview. In the phone interview the manager basically asked me questions on the resume. One week later I got the onsite interview. There are 3 groups and each group has 4 interviewer. The questions are not hard. Such as setup time hold time, noise margin, power, etc.