Oracle Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

3.1

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to Oracle's Cloud Division (Sparta) through a personal referral at the end of May. They reached out in mid-June to schedule a quick call. Although I responded immediately, it took 4 days for a response. This call ended up being a formal 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager, for which I was unprepared since the email communications had only mentioned that we would be chatting about possible future opportunities. From that point, I was told a recruiter and recruiting coordinator would be in touch and that I would be invited in for an interview loop. The recruiting coordinator got in touch right away, but was unable to schedule my interview loop until three weeks later. The recruiter reached out for available times for another phone sync, but never scheduled this phone sync and never communicated with me again (even though I followed up). I interviewed in person in mid-July - a 4+ hour interview loop that was five separate interviews with seven people. The interview loop itself went well, without any major curve balls, and everyone was super nice. However, based on their recruiting packet as well as my conversations with the hiring manager, I was expecting a quick response within a week. After a week and a half, I followed up on the status of the position and have received no communication since )it's now been over 3 1/2 weeks). Based on all of the communication challenges and lack of follow-up, I would not recommend interviewing at Oracle.

Interview Questions

• Lots of the typical questions (strengths/weaknesses, time you failed, etc.)   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process is unnecessarily exhausting. 5 separate individual interviewer; 6 hrs onsite interview; start of the interview process was disorganized in many ways. Repetitions in questions asked, as well as in scenario questions presented; people and environment felt very uptight; a number of folks appeared very official and unfriendly....

Interview Questions

• Tell me about when you openly disagreed with your manager and how that went   1 Answer

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I responded to a posting on LinkedIn and applied on their Website. I also had a friend refer me directly to the hiring manager. Each step of the process took days or weeks and frequently became stalled. Had I not had a friend who worked there and escalated each step, I am fairly confident that I would not have had an interview. They requested that I come in for an informational interview so they could figure out where I would fit because they had so many positions open. Following that, they requested that I come in for a full day of interviews. After the in-person interview, they sent me a rejection email saying that it is their policy to not provide specific feedback, but they decided that I didn't have the right background. Ordinarily, that would be fair feedback, but at this point, we had been talking for at least three weeks, they had my resume the whole time, they decided where I would be the best fit, and I have extensive experience in this area. I am not sure what the issue was, but I doubt that it had anything to do with my background. After sending me a rejection email, all communication ceased. Despite them claiming to need 900 new hires, they won't return an email anymore. Am I unfit for all positions? I am left with the impression of a highly disorganized, dysfunctional recruiting process that does not respect the time of candidates. I have no idea how they will hit their hiring goals.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all ordinary.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process took 2 weeks. Started with a phone interview with the recruiter and a 6-hour on site interview with 5 interviewers. The questions were mainly behavioral and some what-if analysis.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you can get internal confidential data from other teams within the organization?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interview for starting cloud business. The team seemed really cool but the offer stage turned me off completely. They wanted all this info without giving an offer. Pretty non-standard and I felt like they were just fishing for information. I don't think I would interview with them again based on that alone. For the most part, I really liked that team I was going to work with--I just don't think their recruiting end was very good especially given the fact that they want to be competitive.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard behavior stuff. A little bit of technical.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

I submit via Linkedin. After taking to recruiter, I had phone screen. It's all about basic questions and some coding exercise. Then I did onsite after two weeks. Interviewed with 5 people from different groups. All nice people. Each 1:1 took an hour. Fundamental algorithms/coding questions. Design question is quite open.

Interview Questions

• Questions on BST, Scheduling, String operations and system design.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process started by connecting with recruiter on LinkedIn. The recruiter was very nice, well informed, and asked the right questions. Stated my skills are a great match to 2 different positions they were recruiting for. I applied to the positions and we went through a formal phone screen. The recruiter then forwarded my information to the hiring manager. The hiring manager said they would call between Monday and Wednesday. They never called so I reached out to the hiring manager for status. Was told the manager would call me sometime between Thursday and Friday. On Monday, without a call from the manager I called the hiring manager to decline the position. Felt that if the manager was not responsive in the hiring process that indicates the type of manager they would be.

Disappointed as I am eager to work for Oracle and would love a PM position.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience, do you have a PMP certification, and have you managed multiple concurrent projects before?   1 Answer

Consulting Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of a phone screen followed by a single day of interviews. During the on-site interview, I met with 5 different people. Some focused on technical questions whereas others asked behavioral and business questions. The process was organized and everyone I met with was personable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince a person or group to change an established process.   Answer Question

Associate Campaign Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

The first did a phone interview, then they gave a few tests to measure familiarity with email/HTML/SQL, and then they did a in-person interview with a group of possible peers.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

5 interviews. First 2 over the phone. 3rd one in person with the manager, fourth one over the phone, and the fifth one was a group interview with the manager, director, and team member.

Interview Questions

• Used the STAR method: Situation or Task, Action you took, and Results achieved. Gave specific situations to address such as, give me a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question