Oracle Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Bedford, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I engaged in 2 phone interviews prior to an In-Person interview with 6 team members. I was placed in a co green eyes room and met individually with 6 employees.

Interview Questions

• Discussed position with respect to PM vs Client Services focus. Each of 6 individuals (5 men) that I interviewed with 1:1 explained how the position emphasized client services. The following day I received a cookie cutter email from HR stating that "while my background is extremely impressive, I don't possess sufficient PM experience." A TOTAL CONTRADICTION TO THEIR COMMENTS DURING THE IN-PERSON INTERVIEW. I am 100% convinced that I didn't receive an offer due to gender and age bias. Incredible!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

It started with a handful of phone interviews with the recruiter, and then the hiring manager. Both teams did intensive reviews of my background and experience. Because of the phone interviews, the in office interviews were somewhat easy -- mostly conversational and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The interviews looked into my knowledge of Oracle's business and key software offerings.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying online, I quickly received a phone call to schedule interview. Had 2 interviews with 2 managers. Afterward, within a week, I got an offer, and salary was negotiable.

Interview Questions

• If a customer made cash deposit to his bank account, what accounting entries will be passed.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

On Phone there were several rounds of interview before meeting in person with hiring manager , and two other senior directors. Once offer was made, it took a long time for complete background check process and immigration paperwork.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

It was over the phone. There were multiple rounds of interview. Mainly asking about my technical background. In the later rounds of interview they informed me about my position and what was expected in general but was not specific to my position.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I had two phone interview, and one on site. Both are easy. got the offer 10 days later. Accepted the offer and went from there. I was scared at first, but it was one of the best decisions I made. The company has also Oracle university to take training classes.

Interview Questions

• nothing really hard, just know your resume and be able to support whats on it talk about your past projects and how did you do them. Talk about leadership, and what is your role on the project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Internal postings are more or less equivalent to any posting on the internet. Submit and little to no feedback. Listing of the hiring manager on the job posting has gone back and forth, for the time being it is listed, meaning you can email this person directly, which can sometimes help

Interview Questions

• Similar to any that can be found on the internet, 'tell me a time when'   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I was working with a local recruiter cross country to get interview with Oracle in their Manufacturing Consultant Group. Most of the paper work, experiences and what I was looking for in the total package was conveyed to the recruiter for expectation. It was the whole day interview. I first met with the consulting manager, which is the person that I report directly, then I was interviewed in a group with several current consultants, then the senior manager, and the project manager with several current projects.

Interview Questions

• My background was in database, but I didn't work with Oracle database in my previous job except with the government and school doing teaching assistant in database. I mainly was in software development using CASE life cycle and testing products. They want to know if I am cut out to do consultant as it requires many different tasks within the project and my previous employer did not show consultant experience. Also, majority of the interviewee graduated from an ivy league school and I didn't. I had to used my teaching experience and the work from government to show how I have the drive to do consultant and enjoyed doing these consultant projects at client site.. I was very lucky at the time otherwise I don't think I can get into Oracle without Oracle experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for Oracle to pay relocation expenses from Virginia to California and short term living expenses while waiting for items to move over cross country. I also got a sign-on bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Reston, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

HR Recruiter contacted me, they did a phone screening some Technical questions, HR then scheduled for face to face the process half a day, the offers takes 3- 4 weeks minimum

Interview Questions

• Oracle application related and other general questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process went quickly, from initial email contact to phone interview in less than 3 days. 7 days later there was a Skype interview that went very well. It was very well thought out on the interviewers side and was a positive experience over all. The fact that the req was put on hold through Q4 just knocked the wind out of my sails.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work in such a high stress position?   1 Answer