Oracle Senior Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Senior Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied in campus career fair and got a call from a hiring manager. Told me what his group does, what kind of product. Described me the hiring process in oracle for fresh graduate. Hiring managers will receive resumes from HRs and will contact the person if they are interested.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Broomfield, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone screens by technical staff, then a management phone interview. A written set of test questions, followed by an in-person management interview. The technical interview was focused on concepts and practical experience. The emphasis was to apply knowledge and past experience to a new scenario. Ability to articulate choices and the reasons behind them was key.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions, largely. "How would you solve problem X"? Several questions about previous experience and how that relates to job interviewed for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Went to a Oracle Job Fair and they asked to come for Onsite.
    Computer Architecture, Logic Design. Lot of Cache related question SMC CMC , Parallel Comp arch
    directory based protocol , consistency coherency etc

Interview Questions

• Parallel Computer architecture, -Gave the MP structure and then asked How would you maintain coherency   1 Answer
    • Cache related puzzle ...create a memory access trace which leads to certain percentage miss on particular cache dimension.   Answer Question

Had better offer from other companies and didn't want to work on SPARC architecture

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Oracle in February 2010.

Interview

Complicated interview process for Hardware Engineer positions with detailed questioning in many related areas. It takes time to hear back from them. They are not willing to negotiate the offer much.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

really good screening

Interview Questions

• computer architecture, cache state transition   1 Answer

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

Based on my application at the Oracle career website, initially I was contacted by the Hiring Manager via a phone interview. It was more like what kind of candidate they are looking for, how my profile matches their requirement and what kind of positions I am looking for. Based on my interaction I was called for an on-site interview in a couple of weeks. The onsite interview had 5 rounds and since I was a new college graduate all the interviews were predominantly focused on my resume, my reserach and my internship at Intel Corporation.