Oracle Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Senior Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very easy and brief. Very relaxing and open discussion. Good introduction. Good knowledge about requirements. Good screening. Valid questions and details about next steps. Prompt responses and open clarifications. Providing good insight about company culture and structure and providing guidance about next steps.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Bozeman, MT) in June 2015.

Interview

Slow response and little communication over interview process that lasted 3 months. Seemed like they forgot about candidates and then were in a panic to reconnect. I would suspect that they lose many candidates that take other jobs due to the time period from initial contact to final interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 greatest strengths, 3 biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in September 2014.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me and did a phone screen with me, which I thought went very well. The recruiter told me at the end of the call that I would definitely hear from the hiring manager by the end of the week for another phone interview. After never hearing back from the hiring manager, I reached out to the recruiter again, and she said that because Oracle's big annual conference was going on, there was a delay in getting back to me. She told me that I would definitely hear about the next round of interviews as soon as the conference was over. I never heard back from the recruiter or the hiring manager, and it's been almost two months. It's fine if the hiring manager decided to not proceed to the next stage of the interview process, but it would have been nice to have gotten that confirmation from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all pretty standard (i.e., What relevant background do you bring to the position? Why are you looking to switch positions?). It didn't get difficult since it was just the initial screen by the recruiter.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Interview

Since I joined as an employee thru acquisition, there was no interview process

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Internal hiring, interviewed by a Director (who was also my then current manager) and another Senior Manager in a different team, jointly.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall to that level of detail. Mostly the interview was focused on judgement and behaviour in management settings.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as I moved from an IC role to a management role.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very informal as I had plenty experience and management was gauging my personality, they were happy with my technical skills as I was internal transfer. I had 3 levels interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would be an ideal team structure to take up BI project for a company with 50 terabytes of source data.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

Interview Questions

• 3 interviews, 2 of them face to face, third one over the phone. First interview was a presentation on a specific business case. Second interview was more a 'meet and greet' with dotted line managers, quite informal with typical questions (tell me about yourself etc). Third interview was very difficult. Interviewer was really digging deep to make sure I knew what I was talking about.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Tokyo (Japan)) in August 2013.

Interview

Local interviews were held at the office, and 2 and 3rd interviews were held over teleconference. After getting a verbal offer, getting a written offer took a long time, take care to communicate with the recruiter and things will work out.

Interview Questions

• What kind of approach do you take when managing a severity 1 issue?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Initial screening, HR round includes salary discussion, technical round or functional round to test the grip on technical or functional stuff, The focus will be mainly on the key word provided in CV. Will be called for final round if cleared the first round technical or functional round. Offer follows if selected.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle in June 2012.

Interview

Personal Meeting with 3 senior manager along with HR and various type of questions were asked on subject and soft skill and communication skill. There was an aptitude test was also taken